Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Agreed. Metal should be humourless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

buck65 wrote: »
    Gave the new album a listen on Spotify to see what the talk was all about, but really lads isn't this a joke? Does anyone listen to this and believe it's serious music.
    Are they not having a Spinal Tap laugh at metal? Their music is rubbish and the singer is surely hamming it up.
    Jesus if I paid money for this I'd be ****ing upset. Joke music.

Riffs like in Con Clavi Con Dio are class, but yeah, its harmless stuff. Wouldnt take it too seriously. Id put slipknot in the same category.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Forces of Steel

The only thing I can appreciate them for is their sense of humor in putting out dildos and butt plugs. Other than that, they are a poor man's Blue Öyster Cult attempting to imitate King Diamond's image.

This band is seriously overrated, and I don't see how so many traditional metalheads enjoy listening to them. I find them rather boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Dystopia

Any fans? Been listening to them a lot recently, especially their album Opus Eponymous, been playing it to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

The Ghost appreciation thread is this way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Dystopia wrote: »
    Any fans? Been listening to them a lot recently, especially their album Opus Eponymous, been playing it to death!

I suggest you check out the Elizabeth and Ritual demo tracks.

Any Irish gigs planned?

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got Infestissumam recently and i've listened to it loads already, very addictive, some very catchy tracks on it. Not as heavy as people expect them to be but who gives a sh1t.

Very good band imo. I love the whole schtick.

Year Zero, Ghuleh/Zombie Queen, Secular Haze & Monstrance Clock are personal favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Dystopia wrote: »
    Any Irish gigs planned?

I think they're afraid to come to Ireland given the fact if someone will discover their true identities it would be the Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Loved Opus Eponymous. Played it to death. Just haven't been able to get into the new one in the same way. They're not heavy by any stretch of the imagination but the first album is fun and catchy. Which ironically is probably blasphemous to some metallers

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Giving this a bump, a new Ghost track surfaced online, taken from their upcoming 3rd album Meliora, album due for release August 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Their new track is simply amazing. It's the first bit of new music in a long time to get me really excited about what a band can produce. Faith no More aside, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Like the new track a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It's really good when it goes into the "I can feel the thunder" etc. It's quite a good track, the solos are frustrating as they always threaten to go into full fledged shred mode but never quite and you know they can shred from those solos. I would prefer if they didn't sing about Satan all the time, it's getting a bit worn out at this stage, could they not sing about something else? What's the need for the costumes anymore? It's a shame that in order to get noticed they've had to rely on this element, let the music speak for itself etc. I don't object to it either though in the sense that they created some very iconic images/videos from that approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Like the new track think I'll treat myself to one of their bundles https://secure.kingsroadmerch.com/ghost/ any recommendation regarding Tee sizes think they're likely American sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Everyone seen the video by now? If not, it's glorious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Some new material has been released

From The Pinnacle To The Pit

Absolution

Majesty (live)

Class stuff as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

Everything Ive heard from the new album is instantly better than anything fromInfestissumam (which I thought was a step done from their debut).

Looking forward to it .... now if only they'd announce a Dublin gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The new songs are class. Really looking forward to the album now. Must go back and listen to the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For anyone who can't wait until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Intial impression: awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Intial impression: awesome.

Yep caved and have listened to twice now as pre order hasn't arrived. Deadly riffage and dare I say it catchy tunes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wasn't crazy about the last album, although I like it. But this is unreal. The production is insane. There's a chance I could be over-excited, but I think it's the best of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Wonderful album. Song writing, playing and production of the highest quality. The balance between metal, goth rock and Abba is pretty much perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I noticed after the 342nd listen...

...it's still fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Meliora is fantastic :D. Can't stop listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

As others have said it really is a great album. I thought the previous one was a completely boring snooze fest disaster and really hadn't any hopes for this at all. Glad I a gave it a chance, hooked from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

They are touring the UK in December. Not an Irish date in sight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

Reiketsu wrote: »
    They are touring the UK in December. Not an Irish date in sight :(

:(:mad::( MCD get yer finger out

Advertisement