Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics for discussion

• 15-03-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭

Just to make a start, here are a few topics that people may wish to discuss. We are not going to hide from any relevant topic, if a subject is not appropriate for other reasons it will be removed, but it is perfectly acceptable to discuss all aspects of illness and death. These are a few questions that come to mind, if you wish to add suggested topics please do so. If you have experience in any of these areas please feel free to offer it.

If you wish to pursue one of these topics, please start a new thread.

- When do you ask for help with palliative care?

From Citizens Information site:
    Whilst palliative care was developed primarily for cancer patients, care is also available to other patients such as those with motor neurone disease or multiple sclerosis. Palliative care can be provided in a hospice, in an acute or community hospital or in the patient's home.
    www.citizensinformation.ie › Home › Health › Cancer services

- When is hospice care appropriate, how do I look for it?

- How do I get information about services that are available for someone who is terminally ill, or their carers?

- If the sick person is at home when s/he dies what do I do - who should be notified, what is the appropriate thing to do, do I have any legal obligations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Please make the link to this webpage a sticky as it is excellent, everyone should read it...

http://www.hospicenet.org/html/preparing_for.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

Thank you for that link Fryup. My mother in law recently diagnosed with very aggressive cancer has asked to come to our house for her last few days to die. I have no experience of death & I've been extremely worried about the ins & outs of what happens. The article explained it all very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

read my thread it may help as well

Advertisement