Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Beautiful ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Beautiful ^^^^

He was surrendered aged 1 as his family were moving and there were allergies there. A comedian, and totally uninhibited, and totally unfazed at a new home. He spent the car journey helping me change gears through the cat cage bars..

The most tactile cat I have had; he comes and sits by you, gazes soulfully at you, then slides sideways right across you... purring fit to bust. Never seen the like. Loves his food!

When I first had him, he was not allowed out and keeping him in seemed hard as he would try every time I opened the door...

So one day I opened the door wide, said OK there you go... and his golden eyes turned bright green in sheer HORROR at the idea..OH NO! NO WAY!.It was only when we moved the next time he started going out.

My cats bless me mightily!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Small children dressed as animals/cartoon characters. I saw a little girl of about three dressed as a penguin today, complete with orange shoes/flappers and a hood. Totally made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finished the present shopping for the second most difficult person to buy for on my list by popping in to a local shop 'for a look' on my way way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This cheered me up today when I saw it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Grandaughter is having a sleepover . She is little dot in the middle of the double bed surrounded by four teddies and snoring like a drunk sailor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Off tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A guy in the house moved out and threw his professional folder in the bin. Oh perfect condition, I'll have it!

Sorta looks like this but far smarter and cooler. I dunno why he threw in the bin, I'm not complaining. Actually this one in the photo is pretty poor, mine is much better :)

468063.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,133 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i remember having something similar to that and thinking how cool i looked carrying it into meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My dad has similar to that. They’re grand but whatever happened to the briefcase? You never see them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bed. Simple TH for tonight.

a new day albeit wild, wet windy.... and cold! challenges ahead..

Boyfriend is coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend :D

A quiet night and a full fridge and freezer... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Kickboxing this eve

My kitty cat coming back to visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

When you get to the checkout and there's no queue, just a cashier smiling and waiting to start scanning your shopping.

Bed after training. Xmas party tomorrow eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Visited Paris for the first time.

All my life people told me Parisians were ignorant and rude but as regards giving up seats for others and not barging onto trains before people get out and other stuff you’d see worse behavior on the Luas tbh. People were friendly too even with the rioting.

TH I visited at a good time, very little queues or just a few minutes for security and saw lots and lots

Also TH I used my leaving cert French for stuff like changing a train ticket or in a shop and they didn’t kick me out and point & laugh at my attempt :o

My first 2, and probably only 2. Christmas cards, as we tend to send ecards. arrived today. One was from a friend made when I was in my first teaching post.. ie well over 50 years ago... Seems like y;day! Happy at the enduring contact,

Oops; just edited as it did not make sense.,..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Met two of my nieces, from Mexico, for a coffee this morning. Great to get to see them face to face again.

Got 68% in an essay I got the results for today. That’s been the best result I’ve had since I got here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Whimsically bought 2 x tickets for Jenny Greene at the Marquee. Went 2 years ago and loved it. It's a great night out - Glowsticks at the ready :D

Originally today was the day I was going over ..... very happy I had the sense to look at the forecast and get an order in as no way ...feeling smug!

Getting my nails done. So pretty :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Getting my nails done. So pretty :D

I know, right? :D
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108817748&postcount=1809

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

New Home wrote: »

I just KNEW what you'd be linking to. Yet still opened it! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am sure I would be happy if I was out having a few pints and soaking up the seasonal atmosphere.
    But am happier to be snug and warm and dry in my own living room with a great line up of cheesy tv for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Aquaman at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement