Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vincent Muldoon Irelands next world champion??

Options
  • 07-09-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Just to make you aware of this kid from the Tuam area of Galway, great talent. At only 16 years old he got to the semi final of the 2007 World Under-21 Championship recently had also had the tournaments highest break. He’s proving he has the temperament to play on the big stage and in front of the cameras at only 16….possible future world champion I reckon??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Vincent is playing Jimmy White in the first qualifing round of the World Championship at the end of the month. Beating Jimmy would put him on the map but I can't see it happening. Vinnie is currently provisionally no. 76 so it unlikly he will remain on the main tour for next year as only the top 64 are guaranteed a place. He's still only 19 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

You really don't think he has a chance? Unfortunately for Jimmy he's not looking like regaining much form, and furthermore finds himself at no.65. So it'll be interesting to keep an eye on that match. Irish snooker could do with a bit of limelight again.

No, I don't think he has a chance against Jimmy over 19 frames. Jimmy's hitting a bit of form in the Welsh qualifers. He's won his first 2 matches and needs to win win more to get a match against Ken in the final qualifing round

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

Yeah, incidentally Jimmy put in a 147 against O'Sullivan in that exhibition match in Trim last week, so must be cueing well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steelnemanja15

Hi Everyone.

I live in Maynooth and am on the committee of the snooker club Vinny plays in here in N.U.I. Maynooth. Vinny's playing some great stuff at the minute and is really confident with his game. He left for Sheffield yesterday to practice before he plays Jimmy next week. Watchin him playing is a pleasure and sometimes it dawns on you he that he's only 18 years of age. To answer the question, Yes he'll be world champion in the future

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone.

I live in Maynooth and am on the committee of the snooker club Vinny plays in here in N.U.I. Maynooth. Vinny's playing some great stuff at the minute and is really confident with his game. He left for Sheffield yesterday to practice before he plays Jimmy next week. Watchin him playing is a pleasure and sometimes it dawns on you he that he's only 18 years of age. To answer the question, Yes he'll be world champion in the future

Thanks for that. Best luck to Vinny this week. It can't be eay going to college and competing on the world tour as well

The big match is today. Vinnie was 2-0 down, its now 2-2 at the mid-session, 4 more frames to play this session I think. The second session is 7pm tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Live: White 2(19)3 Muldoon

You can follow it here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Latest: White 3(19)5 Muldoon, one more left before the break.

Seems like quick-fire stuff, 8 frames in a little over 2hrs

Good work from Muldoon, he will be very nervous tonight I would imagine, it will be hard for him to get over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

thats a great start for vinny. he should be very happy with the match so far. every one in curraghbeg is routing for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

5-4 to vinnie at the mid-session interval.after being 5-2 up and jimmy knocking in a 134 in the last frame the interval has come at a good time for vinnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

be delighted to see him get a good run in the world champs

its 7-6 to vinnie at the min fingers crossed. :D

its now 7-7:eek:

8-7 to jimmy:mad:

9-7 to jimmy. we r still prayin for vinnie and are still so proud of him. he has got a long way

ah well 10-8 to jimmy. good match. vinnie done us proud.a star in the making. whatch out for him.

Jimmy will know that he had a match today anyway. It was a great performance from Muldoon. He will have plenty of other days. I would have been sad for Jimmy if he had gone out at this stage, it is his dream. It will be hard for him to make the crucible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ajemonster

i love vincent went to watch him last night :) he is just lovely :p GUTTED he lost :( x

• Advertisement

Is Vincent Muldoon still playing?
    No word of him since he playing Jimmy 9 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I think Vinny emigrated soon after he graduated from college. Was definitely good enough to have made it on tour, just a shame there were so few events when he started and much more difficult to get your card. Lost to Daniel Wells in the 2011 European final which would have gained his card for the following year, that seemed to be his last throw of the dice.

Advertisement