Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chlorine & Skin Irritation

• 22-08-2018 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I've been swimming every morning for the last three weeks and I plan to keep up the routine throughout the winter months. However my skin is beginning to suffer, it's extremely dry and itchy from the chlorine.

Have you used any products that helped to alleviate this problem? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I use Nivea's in shower moisturizer for my body because it doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy like "regular" moisturizers.

Years ago I used to use vaseline for parts of my face before going into the pool, don't know if people still do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jude The Obscure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I use a Nivea sensitive skin shower gel and then an emolient called Epaderm after. Basically a very good moisturiser. I swim a fair bit and also suffer from dry & irritated skin. Got pretty bad at one stage last year so was using a steroid cream from the GP to get on top of it. The shower gel & emolient seem to be doing the job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are you sure it's the chlorine, have a look at the ingredients of your shampoo/shower gel and see if they contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (sls).
    If it does try switching to something without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

• Advertisement
Advertisement