Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Family skiing holiday in Switzerland

• 07-08-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I'd be interested to hear about experience with Family any Irish tour operators packages for Switzerland skiing.

Is there a preferred destination for Irish skiing in Switzerland?

I came across Crystal which seem that be a UK operator, experience is fine those folks would also be welcome..

Thanks Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 msmsq

I'd be interested to hear about experience with Family any Irish tour operators packages for Switzerland skiing.

Is there a preferred destination for Irish skiing in Switzerland?

I came across Crystal which seem that be a UK operator, experience is fine those folks would also be welcome..

Thanks Folks.

Did you get any feedback or have any other feedback. Looking to book a family ski holiday this winter, went skiing in North America last year, but am not familiar with European ski resorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

We've gone a few time with crystal. This year we went to Passo Tonale. Two kids - 8 and 4. The crystal childcare in the hotel was excellent. However the 8 year old was a bit too old for it. If you've younger kids then I would definitely recommend it. They brought the 4 year old to ski school morning, then back to hotel for lunch. Afternoon was activities indoors and outside. 8 year was bored so we ended up signing him up to extra ski lessons in the afternoon. Or else he came out on slopes with us.
    Having said all of that, its only available in a few resorts in France and Italy: https://www.crystalski.ie/family-ski-holidays/crystal-childcare/
    So no use if you're looking at switzerland.

Not sure if they still do this, but you used to be able to book "local" childcare with Crystal. The one time we did this, Crystal managed to completely screw up the booking. We spent the first morning of the holiday sorting it out. So my advice would be not too book any "3rd party" childcare options through Crystal. Instead do some research and book yourself directly.

Advertisement