Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

• 22-05-2014 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So we don't seem to have a thread to advise others of discounted/on sale/bargain price games & hardware...we do now though :) This thread can cover both physical AND digital game bargains, consoles & accessories but obviously isn't to be confused with our Weekly XBLA Game Deals thread, nor our Games with Gold thread. If we can keep things to discussing the bargains that'd be great, if you want to discuss the games themselves, you can do so in our What Are You Playing thread...or for more in depth discussion, head on over to the full on Games forum

MOD NOTE by Calex : This thread is for genuine bargains only please, not discussion of cheaper games on regional marketplaces.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Apologies if there already is a thread based around deals for the Xbox One.

I am looking to pick up the Xbox One this month. Just wondering can anyone direct me to the best deals for it?

Im still unsure whether to pick up the Xbox One with the Kinect or not. The Kinect less version is released on the 8th right?

Anyone spot any special offers/ bundles? Would you recommend going with the Kinect?

Any help would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    Apologies if there already is a thread based around deals for the Xbox One.

I am looking to pick up the Xbox One this month. Just wondering can anyone direct me to the best deals for it?

Im still unsure whether to pick up the Xbox One with the Kinect or not. The Kinect less version is released on the 8th right?

Anyone spot any special offers/ bundles? Would you recommend going with the Kinect?

Any help would be great thanks.

470 with Watchdogs and Titanfall in Argos is the best around. That or second hand on adverts

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    470 with Watchdogs and Titanfall in Argos is the best around. That or second hand on adverts

Yeah was checking around on the sites and spotted the Argos one. Would ya recommend going with the Kinect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Yeah was checking around on the sites and spotted the Argos one. Would ya recommend going with the Kinect?

Don't know, don't own one.

HOWEVER, in your position, I'd probably strike now, especially if you actually want Watchdogs and Titanfall. The way I see it:

470 for Console, Titanfall, Watchdogs and Kinect

beats 399 for Console on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

I got mine in Argos and got a great deal - there are a number of offers where you get a free game, and then they also give you a voucher for a tenner off anything else...so i used it for another game which was already discounted to 56euro so ended up getting it for 46 - They are miles cheaper than all the others around (which i researched before purchasing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

If Titanfall isnt peoples cup of tea gamestop is doing a xbox one and two select games for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

tkd93 wrote: »
    If Titanfall isnt peoples cup of tea gamestop is doing a xbox one and two select games for 500.

Thats a really good deal!

Especially for those of us not into multiplier shooters. Be interesting to see what sort bundles offered when the 400 quid xbox is launched next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Amazon are doing the titanfall bundle with 40 pounds off for today only.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

I'd wait until next week and go for the kinectless version, especially if you find a good deal on it.

If you ever want kinect then Cex sell them for 30 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mr.noobie wrote: »
    If you ever want kinect then Cex sell them for 30 euro.

360 Kinect I would say, the Ones Kinect is probably around 100-120 when it seperates from the bundle....

no its only 25 quid dude

Wonder what the chances of a price cut being announced at E3. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Wonder what the chances of a price cut being announced at E3. :cool:
    Is there an option below 'None'? ... They've just announced the Kinect-less package for the 'budget-conscious' core gamer about a week ago. They'll let that settle before tinkering with the price further.

Is there an option below 'None'? ... They've just announced the Kinect-less package for the 'budget-conscious' core gamer about a week ago. They'll let that settle before tinkering with the price further.

Im sure theyl have a bundle or something though no?

Im sure theyl have a bundle or something though no?
    They may leave that up to the stores. It looks like it will ship without a game (on Amazon at least).

Although, if you shop around there are bound to be bundles (like at Amazon) where you get the console, with Kinect and two or three games for only £40 more (link). I'd be sure that local stores or Argos might have some similar types of deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tkd93 wrote: »
    no its only 25 quid dude

Really?

They won't be making a profit out of that.... :-)

Had a look at their site there, the original Kinect sells for 35 without the Power supply and 40 with, that's madness, has to be an error on their part....

Quick everyone - buy all the Kinects...!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Really?

They won't be making a profit out of that.... :-)

Had a look at their site there, the original Kinect sells for 35 without the Power supply and 40 with, that's madness, has to be an error on their part....

Quick everyone - buy all the Kinects...!
    Haha ... Actually, could be handy for building a low cost Mo-Cap rig for a budding film maker (if you're able to use this model of Kinect as a Kinect for Windows or otherwise plug it into PC's).

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect and Titanfall Bundle €469.99
    Click special offers and add Watch Dogs for free

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

got the Argos deal yesterday with watchdogs no other store would match it , which i was trying as I was trading in a number of items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

Damn they aren't offering watch_dogs with the Titanfall bundle for free anymore. Does Argos do game trade-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

rg2007 wrote: »
    Damn they aren't offering watch_dogs with the Titanfall bundle for free anymore. Does Argos do game trade-ins?

I got that deal too. It said on the argos website that it was good till the end of july

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

They must have sold more than planned, it was a very good offer.

Wow, thats a great offer, ill be getting one of those if I can, must be trying to get rid of them with Fifa 15 coming out in September. Thats annoying though you cant check which stores have them in stock!

Can you not reserve it? I reserved mine

Reventon93 wrote: »
    Can you not reserve it? I reserved mine

Naw on the website there it says its not available for reservation. I emailed customer services anyway to see if any of the stores in my area have any in stock.

Thats pretty strange, imo. Hopefully theyll get back to you

Looks like that FIFA bundle is sold out everywhere! Ah we'll hopefully another good deal will appear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I picked up the Titanfall bundle in Argos yesterday for €470 and got FIFA 14 free with it. The deal isn't listed online but it was listed under special offers on their own digital catalogues. Not sure if it was a glitch in the system or if they just haven't updated the website.

FIFA 14 or Thief free with selected consoles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement