Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ielts english exam

• 02-02-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this?

Agency wants me to pay 600 quid to stidy for it...

I mean, i did honours english and am a native irish speaker. Surely be grand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Agency wants me to pay 600 quid to stidy for it...
    Agency? Does this include virtual teacher? I think I did the middle one at https://www.ieltspractice.com/compare/ for $80
    I mean, i did honours english and am a native irish speaker. Surely be grand?
    Maybe, maybe not. The benefit of the IELTS over CELPIP is that you speak to a physical person who marks on the commonwealth language. But you have to write the essays by hand.

CELPIP you type, but you speak to a computer, which doesn't feel very natural. My writing is atrocious, and missed the spell check from the CELPIP :pac: but found that I did grand.

I got my best score with IELTS, and got enough to get the bonus points; if you can score CLB 9 in all sections, you get up to 260 Express Entry points.

=-=

They want you to speak and answer a certain way. Although some people get the max marks first time around, if you don't do well the first time around get the study materials.

Advertisement