Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Also no coupon, Tilda basmati rice (blue) is bogof for the smaller packets, good price, more convenient than buy bigger discounted packet.

Have a good weekend

:eek: Tilda rice €4 per kilo (big bag on offer) or €2.99 per kilo when you buy smaller pack and get one free. :eek:

Lidl basmati rice is €1.49 per kilo, you should try it Tirabella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

No coupon but Mission Deli wraps (you find them where fresh breads are) are 2 for 2.50 down from 2.89 each! 8 per pack I think, expiring at the end of February.

You should try the Aldi "Sunnyhills tortilla" wraps instead tirabaralla... 8 (red coloured pack) for 89/99 cent... way way nicer and less "doughy" tasting.

Perfect for freezing too if you want to store lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Access wrote: »
    You should try the Aldi "Sunnyhills tortilla" wraps instead tirabaralla... 8 (red coloured pack) for 89/99 cent... way way nicer and less "doughy" tasting.

Perfect for freezing too if you want to store lots.

My only prob with this (or the above) suggestion is...we don't have a car and we live a bit secluded, so I have access to a Lidl or Aldi only at times...gotta try to do my best of what I have :)
    But will try the Aldi ones asap, thank you!

I used to have my faves from Aldi and Lidl when I was in Dub...yum yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Thank you guys, but I didn't do anything much, just tried to explain why and how I/we do it...hopefully I wasn't too bad.

Well done, Tirabella. That's exactly what we need - more companies realising that there is a market here for coupons, and more to the point, more consumers realising that they would be crazy not to coupon.
    I tell everyone that I know and they all look enthusiastic for 5 minutes. You get them to sign up for pigsback etc, browse this forum, but you just know they don't have the bottle to start doing it.
    It's a shame because once you have used that first coupon there is no turning back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

So glad I logged on this morning so that I can go Out & get the paper today & read all yer comments.
    My printer isn't working at the moment so Only able to use coupons I've already printed did anyone get email from Pigsback for free box of cereal? https://www.nestle-offers.co.uk/fibre1/registration/ valid on 9th march only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any chance of that article being posted here, don't buy papers anymore...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Flicking through some threads and some folk saying you can't use vouchers when the product is already on offer, have to say I'm of the opinion that this is the exact time when to use the voucher.
    Just back from a mini shop, got 5 Dr Oether Pizzas, 4 John West No Drain tuna triple packs, 13 Carefree panty liner jumbo packs and 5 Heinz Squeeze soup sachets.
    The retail price of all the above is €68.22, I'll start off with the one item I'm not 100% sure about, I think the panty liner pack I got is normally €2.70, they were down to €2 and I had €0.70 off vouchers, Pizza normally €3.50 down to €2.50 and I had €1.50 off vouchers, Tuna normally €2.79 down to €1.75 each when you buy two and I had €1 off vouchers and finally the soup is €0.79 and I had €0.80 vouchers.
    So before vouchers I got the €68.22 for €48.66 through normal store reductions, the vouchers brought the cost down to €26.26 and as I used my Dunnes Clubcard I'll get 20% in clubcard points so effectively another €9.73 off (assuming the points were awarded on the pre-voucher amount) bringing my net cost down to €16.53.
    €68.22 ----> €16.53, that's a €51.69 saving by matching store offers with vouchers and clubcard points, 75% saving against full retail price.
    Print off those vouchers and wait to max. your savings with other promotions is my philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Great article in the Times. Really hits home the power of couponing. Excited to see there's a movement (at last) & a dedicated coupon site coming. Is everyone mentioned in it on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I saw the article and, unfortunately, I saw my face lol
    This said, article is nice and it goes stright to the point, I hope more people would take the hint and give couponing a try.

More coupons used=more coupon issued.

Would be interesting to have some numbers about coupons' spread from supermarkets and from the issuing comapanies themselves, no?

Ah...my name was mispelled, but you can't have it all :D

I was totally wrong on my prediction of how the article was going to turn out.

I am very impressed with it... especially that it was in the main Sunday Times paper and not one of the supplements! - means more people will see it and hopefully come around to couponing and saving money on their shop.

Well done Tirabaralla, your story and points were told perfectly and you came across very professional in the article.

It nice to put a face to the name.

Thanks to Siobhan Maguire for writing the article too!

Who else from here was on it... fair dues to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Who else from here was on it... fair dues to ye.

I got a mention at the end !

Good article overall - would like to see some investigation in the media about why the offer of coupons in Ireland is so lacking :mad:

Well done Tirabella, great photo, thats one happy couponer! (you don't need make-up):)

Very pleasant article. I too was surprised to see it in the main section.

Now Dargan just needs to pull his finger out and do a decent job of his website. Supposed to be live the end of Jan. No sign of it yet.

Correction Launch now changed to end feb.

To be honest, I think Boards couponers / together with the Bargain Alerts posters are 1st in there with the latest on whats on offer and where etc.

When I get info from these other websites / facebook pages I find its second-hand (or even 3rd-hand) info at that stage. Even some stuff I've posted up, I've seen re-posted elsewhere - which I don't mind at all, I just think that anyone will be hard pressed to beat the Boardsies at bargains/coupons news....just my opinion :D

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what the new bubblegum site has to offer and if new coupons will be offered etc.

To be honest, I think Boards couponers / together with the Bargain Alerts posters are 1st in there with the latest on whats on offer and where etc.

When I get info from these other websites / facebook pages I find its second-hand (or even 3rd-hand) info at that stage. Even some stuff I've posted up, I've seen re-posted elsewhere - which I don't mind at all, I just think that anyone will be hard pressed to beat the Boardsies at bargains/coupons news....just my opinion :D

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what the new bubblegum site has to offer and if new coupons will be offered etc.

totally agree

Agree totally.

Fair dues to the Dargan lad for the bubblegum FB page and the forthcoming site... it will help promote couponing but in my previous experience, what ever was posted in the old couponing thread would - without doubt - end up on the bubblegum FB page within an hour or two... so it just ended up being a carbon copy of the thread... i just hope he can draw out the suppliers to provide more coupons here in Ireland.

Pigsback are fine... but Michael Dwyer should have more than 10 coupons up on the site in fairness! - you would think they would have more of a hold on irish suppliers than that if they are getting 125,000 site users... therfore they should have to power is get more coupons and offers for people like us.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ewkol

hi, In my shop yesterday woman has coupon for bordnamona starter pack (cower full price) she didn't like to tell me from where she got it. Any one know?

I got one of those bord na mona coupons... cause we have our bins with AES and on our invoice for the year, they included a coupon.

Unfortunatley i cant post it up here though, as it is linked to my AES account...

It has my account number printed on it to stop copying of it.

Slave1 - Here a scan of the article for - hope its legible!

Its funny too that tesco managed to have put a huge offers advert on the same page as the article!

Crafty feckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭macfhinn

• Advertisement

macfhinn wrote: »

privacy policy please

Following on from yesterday's article, I think there may be some interest from one of the morning radio shows !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Y'know when a coupon states "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" (and the likes), is it A) The retailer doesn't give a fiddlers? or B) The company that take the coupons from the retailers don't actually know/cannot cross reference if the coupon has been used with a, say, reduced price product?

I just wonder what is the purpose of the "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" blurb supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

If I wouldn't be able to use coupons together with the in-store offers, I wouldn't use them. There would not be a point to it! I wouldn't win any money, I would lose.
    Saving money is the only point of coupons. If you're not saving money, why do you need the coupons then?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

vicwatson wrote: »
    Y'know when a coupon states "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" (and the likes), is it A) The retailer doesn't give a fiddlers? or B) The company that take the coupons from the retailers don't actually know/cannot cross reference if the coupon has been used with a, say, reduced price product?

I just wonder what is the purpose of the "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" blurb supposed to mean.

My understanding of this is that the coupon that you are using and product(on offer or not) can be combined to buy said product but you cant use ...say 2 different coupons in conjunction

An example i refer to if i have confused ppl.
    There was a pigsback coupon and a todayfm coupon both for €2 off persil, My belief is that you cannot buy a persil and use both coupons!

I'm open to correction....

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    My understanding of this is that the coupon that you are using and product(on offer or not) can be combined to buy said product but you cant use ...say 2 different coupons in conjunction

An example i refer to if i have confused ppl.
    There was a pigsback coupon and a todayfm coupon both for €2 off persil, My belief is that you cannot buy a persil and use both coupons!

I'm open to correction....

Correct in one gazzaman.

you can use a coupon if the item is on offer/is not on offer in store but you cant combine coupons for one item.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Correct in one gazzaman.
    you can use a coupon if the item is on offer/is not on offer in store but you cant combine coupons for one item.
    Technically you can't. As pointed out before, a coupon generally states that it cannot be used in connection with any other promotion or offers.
    However, the shops don't always enforce this as we have discovered.
    The manufacturer decided to put that print on the coupon for a reason not just to decorate it with random words.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

if you have noticed maybe. Lots of products that are on offer in store show just the normal price on receipt. ;)
    So, they are not on offer on store receipt :D

snubbleste wrote: »
    Technically you can't. As pointed out before, a coupon generally states that it cannot be used in connection with any other promotion or offers.
    However, the shops don't always enforce this as we have discovered.
    The manufacturer decided to put that print on the coupon for a reason not just to decorate it with random words.

Like you say... its not enforced... never happened to me so far anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

stirliz wrote: »
    if you have noticed maybe. Lots of products that are on offer in store show just the normal price on receipt. ;)
    So, they are not on offer on store receipt :D

The price on the receipt should not be more then the offer price on the shelf.
    If it is you need to bring it back to the Customer Services desk and tell them.
    Tesco will give you back double the over-charge amount.

Advertisement