Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Hiking Tent

• 13-08-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been looking for a 2 man hiking tent for one or two trips per year. I've a budget of around 200 euros and am pretty much decided on this guy:

https://www.omearacamping.com/terra-...ent-8681-p.asp

I was close to picking up the 2 man hiking tent in Decathalon but the Terra Nova one looks better for me.

So, I was all set to buy it until I saw this in Lidl:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/trek-it-out...ng-tent/p47302

There are no specs on the website except that it's under 2KG. My gut tells me that if it is only 23 quid then it has to be crap. There is nothing about it being waterproof so I'm thinking it is less than 1000mm HH.

But at the same time it's 23 quid and I'd only use it the odd time.

Does anyone have any experience with these Lidl tents? Are they any use? I think I'll call down on Monday and see if the HH rating is written on the packet or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

I bought one to have a look at it. For 23 quid it would be a grand tent for reasonable weather. However, there is no porch area for kit storage and if you are over about 5'8 its a bit short. I put it up in the kitchen and lay in it, feet right at the door and head just missing the inner fly sheet at the top, and i'm 5'9 or so. The poles are a little on the light side. Streets ahead of the single skin halfords one of a similar size for 15 euro though. I returned it as it was just too short for comfort.

Advertisement