Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2020, 00:14   #16
Curlysue76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashes28 View Post
Thanks I was thinking this would be the case. I'm hoping the government won't close shops,but if they do I am going to be so stuck for money WFP is more than my wages and I'll have neither.
I work in a cafe at a museum so we shut on Thursday after announcement was made. The people in dole office were very nice, was a good few people in there on Friday, I doubt there’ll be a lot more next week.

It’s a big drop in income, so suddenly. My week starts on a Wednesday as well so only had 2 days work this week.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 01:01   #17
kingbhome

What Happens with the self employed? Are we protected?
15-03-2020, 04:09   #18
eildar

Came across this on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002290105190
15-03-2020, 09:08   #19
sticker

Agreed - Im self employed also. Do I need to physcailly visit the dole centre?
15-03-2020, 09:18   #20
splinter65
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticker View Post
Agreed - Im self employed also. Do I need to physcailly visit the dole centre?
If you have symptoms of the corona virus then do not go to your local INTREO Centre, ring your GP instead.
If you don’t have symptoms then yes, you have to go to your local INTREO Centre. Bring photo ID proof of address and 6 months of bank statements.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 09:18   #21
sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
If you have symptoms of the corona virus then do not go to your local INTREO Centre, ring your GP instead.
If you don’t have symptoms then yes, you have to go to your local INTREO Centre. Bring photo ID proof of address and 6 months of bank statements.
Thanks
15-03-2020, 09:44   #22
Niner leprauchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishphotodesk View Post
Anyone have any advice,

I currently work as a contractor in the courts, but an email last night says courts are going into vacation sittings only, which means... I'm out of the job from Monday.

What do I do? From reading online I can't understand what to do, I'm not sure I qualify for anything, will be getting in touch with welfare office on Monday to seek advice ... I haven't been told to self isolate, my boss hasn't even contacted me with regards the email indicating the courts will be on vacation mode , I got the email from a co-worker.
The ccj is sitting as normal. Can't speak for the rest.

If you haven't recieved anything officially then continue as is. Random mails, WhatsApp messages, etc are just gossip and scaremongering most of the time.
15-03-2020, 10:36   #23
eildar

My other half was talking to a taxi driver yesterday who went into his social welfare office on Friday. He was told all self employed people will be able to apply online from Monday. Not sure which benefit they apply for though.
15-03-2020, 11:07   #24
drake70

Information can be found here:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/99...9-coronavirus/
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 13:31   #25
previous user

I feel anxious about going to the post office and handling cash, would they be paying into bank accounts instead to avoid public gatherings in post offices instead.
(3) thanks from:
15-03-2020, 13:42   #26
Curlysue76

Quote:
Originally Posted by previous user View Post
I feel anxious about going to the post office and handling cash, would they be paying into bank accounts instead to avoid public gatherings in post offices instead.
I asked this when I had to go in on Friday. I have asthma and said I wasn’t comfortable going into PO. Lady said it should be ok to get it into bank account and to fill out bank details on the form. I have to go in tomorrow morning with filled out form and bank statements, I’ll ask again to be certain.
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 15:37   #27
previous user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue76 View Post
I asked this when I had to go in on Friday. I have asthma and said I wasn’t comfortable going into PO. Lady said it should be ok to get it into bank account and to fill out bank details on the form. I have to go in tomorrow morning with filled out form and bank statements, I’ll ask again to be certain.
That's good, I'm glad for you, this is not good though they should be more organised then this, I'm 43 and I heard cases of people in their 30s and 40s dying from this virus.
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 19:47   #28
sheepsh4gger

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
If you’re given a temporary lay off then subject to your PRSI record you might get JSB max payment €203 for a single person. Dependents are means tested.
Not enough PRSI? JSA which is means tested.
If you get sick then it will be illness benefit also PRSI based and €203 and dependents means tested.
Sick and not enough PRSI? SWA from the CWO which is means tested.
If you decide yourself that you are not going to work because you’re afraid that you’re at risk then you will have to talk to SW.

Yeah amazing. My paranoid boss just laid off the whole company until further notice.

So I went to the new welfare website and tried to apply but they say 'you need to visit a local Intreo center to verify your phone number'.

Amazing, so now I have to join a line of people to apply which defeats the point of social distancing.

Or are these Intreo centers now closed?
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 20:24   #29
Lashes28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepsh4gger View Post
Yeah amazing. My paranoid boss just laid off the whole company until further notice.

So I went to the new welfare website and tried to apply but they say 'you need to visit a local Intreo center to verify your phone number'.

Amazing, so now I have to join a line of people to apply which defeats the point of social distancing.

I can't even get on to the website
15-03-2020, 20:30   #30
splinter65
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepsh4gger View Post

If you want to apply for Jobseekers then you have to present yourself at the Intreo Centre.
Please remember that the staff in the Centres are not to blame for you being laid off, and that they don’t make the rules.
No, they’re not closed.
It’s amazing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion