Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

12-09-2008, 17:35   #1
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Would you Prefer to Shop online with using your Credit Card / Laser

I've noticed some people still are warey to pay for goods online, we are thinking of introducing a method where you can order online and go to a local shop chain and pay cash or card there? That way if you are worried about shopping online your mind would be at rest.

Just wanted to float the idea to the boardies and see what you think about the idea???
14-09-2008, 16:41   #2

Many users use eBay and also use Paypal along with that. A Paypal option might be something to look into.
14-09-2008, 16:51   #3
Verified representative

Thanks Ruu, We already have Paypal as a payment option and Laser. But in Ireland you can't hook up PayPal to your bank account so you'd still need a Credit Card.

Were working on a plan to let people Pay Cash for goods online, were talking to two big name brands. In the office everyone seems to think its a good idea. What do you think?
14-09-2008, 16:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Dresser View Post
Thanks Ruu, We already have Paypal as a payment option and Laser. But in Ireland you can't hook up PayPal to your bank account so you'd still need a Credit Card.
Pity about that cos i just did that a few weeks ago in uk .I had previously only paid for goods on ebay with paypal but with new rules of selling on ebay i now use paypal /bank account to accept payments of goods sold and find it very effective and convienient
14-09-2008, 17:00   #5
Verified representative

latchyco, you can hook paypal up to tansfer money into your bank account in Ireland. But you can't hook it up to take money from your account to MAKE a payment - which you can do else where.

Last edited by TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan; 14-09-2008 at 17:52. Reason: Typo
14-09-2008, 20:37   #6

That's what i was saying .I can do that no problem in uk
14-09-2008, 20:44   #7
Verified representative

But do you think its a good idea for people that dont have credit / laser cards to be able to pay cash in their local shop for goods online, then have the goods shipped out as normal?
16-09-2008, 12:13   #8
mik_da_man
Hosted Moderator

HMod: OTG
I'm not sure if it's a good idea.
When do you ship the goods?
Hardly before the order is paid for, because then you run the risk of non payment.
Then would you just ship them when the person comes in and pays for them?
Why not just give the goods to the customer when they come in.

ie Order online and get a message saying that you can collect your goods at the shop on X date and pay for them when you recieve them.

Of course then you could face people making orders and not collecting/paying for them leaving you with excess stock...

my .02
16-09-2008, 12:54   #9
Verified representative

Well my thinking is that its easier to go to a local shop than travel to Portlaoise to visit us.

We'd ship the goods the day after the payment is received. It only really effects the small number of people that dont have Laser or Credit cards and arent familiar with 3V etc. But there are still some out there that dont like giving their payment details online.
Thanks from:
22-09-2008, 15:52   #10
mik_da_man
Hosted Moderator

HMod: OTG
Ah right, I see what you mean.
Just pay in the local shop as a service, not a bad idea.
20-10-2008, 05:06   #11
Fnz

It does seem like a good idea to at least give people the option.

It's not something consumers are used to though, so may not have much of an impact really.
Forum Closed