Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-11-2009, 21:14   #46
iconicon

john 10:10 the thief(devil) comes to steal kill and destroy but i have come so YOU can have life and have it to the FULL
Advertisement
06-12-2009, 23:05   #47
puffdragon

UCB Ireland

Listening to radio while I surf ,Came across this station , very relaxing!!

http://txradica.net/tune.php?c=ucbireland&.wax=
22-01-2010, 23:26   #48

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." Deut 33v27
Thanks from:
29-01-2010, 22:05   #49

St. John 13:34-35 -KJV "A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
10-02-2010, 14:54   #50
Glenster

GEN 1.31
-"and god saw everything that he had made and behold it was very good and that evening and morning were the sixth day"

I always reminds me of waking up in a really good humour and looking out the window.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2010, 16:39   #51
iconicon

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

explains itself really
22-03-2010, 18:07   #52

John:6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. 52 If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, for the life of the world. 53 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. 55 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day."
http://www.drbo.org/chapter/50006.htm
03-04-2010, 13:37   #53
mike5

THE BLOOD OF JESUS

"But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
Hebrews 9:11-14

"For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant."
Hebrews 10: 11, 12, 20
22-04-2010, 00:20   #54

I really like John:8 1-11. That section where Jesus challenges the people about to stone the adulterous woman with "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Then, when no-one stones her, He says "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?' She replied, 'No one, sir.' Then Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you. Go, and from now on do not sin any more". (The last bit, about not sinning any more tends to get left out a bit, sometimes, in informal conversation, though. Missing the point.)

The reason I like it is that it gives hope to all us sinners. I'm surprised internet afficionados haven't picked up on it more. It gives an out for being a sinner and hope for the future on changing one's ways and has the internet-friendly shortening of John:8 111!!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-04-2010, 09:09   #55
mike5

Perfect obedience is love - and love is perfect obedience.

...."If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands".... John 14:15 The Amplified Translation

...."And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love [obey] God, to those who are called according to His purpose".... Romans 8:28 NASB
22-04-2010, 15:57   #56
JimiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodafoneproblem View Post
I really like John:8 1-11. That section where Jesus challenges the people about to stone the adulterous woman with "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Then, when no-one stones her, He says "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?' She replied, 'No one, sir.' Then Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you. Go, and from now on do not sin any more". (The last bit, about not sinning any more tends to get left out a bit, sometimes, in informal conversation, though. Missing the point.)
The reason I like it is that it gives hope to all us sinners. I'm surprised internet afficionados haven't picked up on it more. It gives an out for being a sinner and hope for the future on changing one's ways and has the internet-friendly shortening of John:8 111!!!
yeah, i notice that alot too. rather convenient to leave it out for some
28-04-2010, 03:57   #57
marty1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." Deut 33v27
Someone told me a story about seeing a gravestone that had written on it, "Underneath are the everlasting arms." I thought that was really beautiful, the kind of thing that would just stop you in your tracks and make you think. Also, there is a beautiful song by Mike Scott (of the Waterboys), called "Everlasting Arms".

http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=Bc9Kjj1xHF8

Please check it out, very beautiful.
Thanks from:
28-04-2010, 08:36   #58
mike5

Soulish "lust" [the excessive desire for, and pursuit of, things that are apart from the Will of God] is the counterfeit of true, spiritual "passion" [devotion].

...."Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust".... 2 Peter 1:2-4 NASB
28-04-2010, 08:39   #59
mike5

...."Hope deferred makes the heart sick BUT [godly] desire fulfilled is a tree of life".... Proverbs 13:12 NASB

...."The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life".... Proverbs 11:30 NASB

...."There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death".... Proverbs 14:12 NASB
28-04-2010, 14:23   #60
Fanny Cradock

Song Of Solomon 3

Quote:
1 All night long on my bed
I looked for the one my heart loves;
I looked for him but did not find him.

2 I will get up now and go about the city,
through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
So I looked for him but did not find him.

3 The watchmen found me
as they made their rounds in the city.
"Have you seen the one my heart loves?"...
Glass by the beautiful Bat For Lashes is loosely based on Chapter 3

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion