Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If anyone has a few minutes, I wouldnt mind a prayer or two- that i can fix the mess I have made of some of the most important relationships I have had with friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

I do not want to post my real name on this thread, but if anyone has a few moments to spare, can you please pray that I will recover from my depressive illness and nervous disposition and start to feel better again. Also can you pray that my relationship with Christ grows stronger. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

I love reading all these stories, it makes me feel that we are not alone and we are loved.
    Here are a few things that I thank God with all of my heart for:

For bringing someone very special into my life

For giving us a second chance to get out of a bad situation financially and emotionally

For keeping my loved ones healthy

For watching over my husband and making him miss having a head on collision in his car

A few little things and favours that God has granted us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Thank you God for giving me life.

Thank you God for making us in your image.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I would like to thank Him for bringing christian friends into my life when I didnt think I would ever find a christian my own age here. For helping me through all the difficult situations I've been through, for always bringin me rite back to his side.For giving me the chance to share the gospel with people, and most of all for sending his son to die on the cross so all my sins could be washed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Can I ask that you pray for a 10 year old boy who has cerebral palsy, he's currently very sick in crumlin hospital with pneumonia. He's not doing too well at all.
    Thank you,
    Stephen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Could you please pray for my husband smccarrick, he has been getting sick all morning and I am very worried about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Just an update on the little boy I requested prayer for. He passed away this morning peacefully at Crumlin Hospital.
    Thank you to all who prayed, it is greatly appreciated.
    Stephen P.

RIP Nathan xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

stephen p wrote: »
    Just an update on the little boy I requested prayer for. He passed away this morning peacefully at Crumlin Hospital.
    Thank you to all who prayed, it is greatly appreciated.
    Stephen P.

RIP Nathan xx

Very sorry indeed to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wjv

I would like to ask for prayers for myself for private intentions. My prayers will include all seeking prayer here. God Bless and thank you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I am preaching the word tomorrow in my church for the first time. I am really nervous as I'm not good with crowds. Please pray that God calms my nerves and speaks through me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

keano_afc - May you be good with God's crowds tomorrow, and from then on. Fear is said to be the opposite of love. As your love flows out to your listeners, God will come through you in spite of all fears. God is Love. His crowd also loves you and will not judge you.

Please pray for my husband who is suffering from very severe shoulder pain, and his 82 year-old mother, who is going through very painful (skin burning) radiation treatments for breast and lung cancer, hoping she will not need chemo - which she will find out in February. Thank You. My prayers are with all of you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Thanks and Praises to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for Your Grace, Mercy, Peace, Love, and Glory. For Your Long-suffering, and Postponement of wrath. For Your Goodness, Kindness, and Eagerness to bend down with the intent to help me in my struggles. Also thank You for choosing me to know about You and allowing me to bend my knee to worship Your Holy Name.

Many miracles have happened in my life which are very personal to me and I know first hand that He lives in me and forever more. But the best miracle of all is the gift of His Precious Son Jesus Christ and His giving of His life for me while I was yet a sinner.

May all the Praise, Glory and Honour be Yours LORD Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised You from the dead for ever and ever Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would like to have prayer requests for my elderly mother who had a stroke to night. She is a believer in the lord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 graceface!

My boyfriend and I would love to get married, we've been thinking and praying about it for a long time and we think it's the right decision. My parents, however, aren't Christians and I'm not sure how they will react to the news. My boyfriend would really like to ask my dad's permission - it may seem antiquated, but he wants my dad to know how much we value his opinion - so please pray the Lord would give him courage and that it would go ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 graceface!

I want to thank God for being my best friend and comfort, for rescuing me on a pretty regular basis (!), and also for healing me of a particular long-term illness.

And for my wonderful boyfriend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I want to thank god for being cool and for sending me my son and keeping me and my family in good health.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got great results from my year scan but my kidneys have been damaged from the chemo so it is a worry, also, my fertility is still not back to normal and we are desparate for kids. Please pray that my next tests on my kidneys are good and that my diabetic and fertility tests are good and that we are able to have kids. I should state again that I am delighted that I am still free from cancer a year later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DonnaDarko

my younger brother is addicted to drugs and is now showing a lot of signs of a mental illness. he has isolated himself from the world and won't even talk to me any more (we used to be great friends). my mother has been in contact with people to get him admitted to a hospital and have him treated however they aren't doing very much to help (every time she calls is seems they arent in the office or will "call back"). my brother is a serious risk to both himself and my family right now.
    if anyone could please think of him in your prayers it would mean a lot to both my family and i.
    thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Myself and 3 Christians in work have just started to meet on Tuesdays for a prayer and praise time after work. Can you pray that God will bless this time and add to our number. We have really seen His hand in this in that we've been provided a room, had no opposition and the response has been good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I praise God for the way he has changed my life in the last month and for showing me in hindsight how he has always been there guiding me and has a plan for me even though I turned my back on Him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Please pray that I can support my friend and family through difficult times and that there are happier times ahead. Please make me strong in these difficult times. I include you all in my prayers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I want to thank God for helping me through a difficult break-up. I had been a weak Christian, but God was there for me when I needed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Thank you God for your help this week.
    I had given up on God, but he did not give up on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

my lovely nana died three years ago today, and it was a very peaceful passing. So, maybe you could pray that she's happy, and to thank God for the manner of her passing. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Thank you Jesus so much for helping my neighbour so much with his terminal cancer.

Over a year and a half ago he was given two months to live but thanks to God and the wonderful doctors he is still with us, living a perfectly normal life and feeling so well you would never think anything was wrong!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much God for answering my prayers and for all the little ways you help me in my life :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Please remember all the faithfull in your prayers who have lost a loved one. I pray God can give us strength and support in times of doubt and sadness. I pray for all tears to be turned to joy.
    Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wjv

I ask again for prayers for a very special intention for myself. I have had a lot of sadness and disappointment in the last years but pray to God to bring me closer to him and show me how to overcome and deal with all these blows and also to grant me my most fervant wish. Prayers and good thoughts to all who need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Please can you remember me in your prayers. I'm going through a rough patch in my relationship and am deeply troubled by it. I ask for strength in this difficult time and that we can work through our problems. Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hello Donna, I'll pray for your brother. Sounds like he's in a bad way.

God bless you and him.
    Noel.

BTW, I never bothered to look in this thread before. I must keep an eye on it from now on! :)

Advertisement