Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-02-2020, 17:53   #196
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGlee View Post
Nearly 2k for a 2 bed wow. Is that average price in Dublin now?
unfortunately, yes...
Fompi is offline  
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 17:57   #197
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
I think I am yes. It's weird, because our first impression was "oh it's small", "oh it's not that clean", but then you're right, we just need to make it our own. I think there was so much waiting without actually see the place that I had something else in my mind.
Understandable though given it was all rented “off plan” - hope it works out for you!

Random questions... - how are the TV channels delivered, is it via a set-top box or just a cable from the wall > TV?

Is there a smart thermostat for heating / hot water? Assume it’s PAYG too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGlee View Post
Nearly 2k for a 2 bed wow. Is that average price in Dublin now?
Definitely. I find this development pretty well priced for Dublin though, expensive as hell though.

Last edited by Mr.S; 18-02-2020 at 18:00.
Mr.S is online now  
18-02-2020, 18:00   #198
Jimmy Gian
Registered User
 
Jimmy Gian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
I think I am yes. It's weird, because our first impression was "oh it's small", "oh it's not that clean", but then you're right, we just need to make it our own. I think there was so much waiting without actually see the place that I had something else in my mind.
I can imagine the mess you found there. I have been a couple of times in a brand new flat. The good thing is that it is not dirt, it is white dust everywhere so it is not something disgusting. However you have to make a big effort to clean up.

Thanks for the pics
Jimmy Gian is offline  
18-02-2020, 18:00   #199
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Understandable though given it was all rented “off plan” - hope it works out for you!

Random questions... - how are the TV channels delivered, is it via a set-top box or just a cable from the wall > TV?

Is there a smart thermostat for heating / hot water? Assume it’s PAYG too?
I didnt have a look yet at the thermostat etc. I just know the radiators were on and it was really warm. I need to figure out how it works. And as for the TV, I didnt bring it yet, I'm really hoping it's going to fit where it's supposed to be
Fompi is offline  
18-02-2020, 18:01   #200
vriesmays
Registered User
 
vriesmays's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,032
Developer is a former film director.
vriesmays is offline  
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 18:06   #201
Jimmy Gian
Registered User
 
Jimmy Gian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 8
Has anybody moved in the first level???
I wander if the balconies height are allowing you to see the view of the park. When I went to the open viewing it was too late and dark so I couldn’t figure out.
Jimmy Gian is offline  
18-02-2020, 18:06   #202
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
I didnt have a look yet at the thermostat etc. I just know the radiators were on and it was really warm. I need to figure out how it works. And as for the TV, I didnt bring it yet, I'm really hoping it's going to fit where it's supposed to be
At least they work

Do you get physical keys or just keycards? Do you get multiple sets?

Sorry for all the questions! Still on the fence
Mr.S is online now  
18-02-2020, 18:11   #203
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Keycards just like in a hotel, and we have one each!
Fompi is offline  
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2020, 22:37   #204
eagle.eye
Registered User
 
eagle.eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
So I got the keys this morning, it was quick and easy. Wi-Fi worked straight away (I'll try to do a speed test when I come back tonight or tomorrow). At first I was a bit disappointed because it looked smaller than I thought it would be and it's quite hard to add furniture, there is a radiator everywhere I could have put a bookshelf or a desk... So after lots of thinking and measurements, we figured something but it's not easy. I'd say it won't be a problem if you don't need to add furniture, but unfortunately I do!
It was also not as clean as I was expecting a new appartment to be and it was a big mistake not to bring my hoover, it's really dusty but not the end of the world either, it's probably that I had too high expectations?! The TV furniture is right in the corner in between the wall and the radiator, not ideal but again, we can live with it

I took pictures for you guys:

As you can see it's super bright even with this weather and that's one of the reasons why I chose this one, not disappointment regarding the light for sure
Painting is still going on in the common areas but everyone is really nice and helpful
Hi Fompi, thanks for the pictures. It looks like there are no roller blinds in your apartment.
I just checked my lease and the Inventory states that Roller Blinds are going to be there.

I was just wondering is that a customization you pre-agreed to make or... they forgot to install them?
eagle.eye is offline  
Advertisement
18-02-2020, 23:54   #205
OutlanderWitch
Registered User
 
OutlanderWitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fompi View Post
So I got the keys this morning, it was quick and easy. Wi-Fi worked straight away (I'll try to do a speed test when I come back tonight or tomorrow). At first I was a bit disappointed because it looked smaller than I thought it would be and it's quite hard to add furniture, there is a radiator everywhere I could have put a bookshelf or a desk... So after lots of thinking and measurements, we figured something but it's not easy. I'd say it won't be a problem if you don't need to add furniture, but unfortunately I do!
It was also not as clean as I was expecting a new appartment to be and it was a big mistake not to bring my hoover, it's really dusty but not the end of the world either, it's probably that I had too high expectations?! The TV furniture is right in the corner in between the wall and the radiator, not ideal but again, we can live with it

I took pictures for you guys:

As you can see it's super bright even with this weather and that's one of the reasons why I chose this one, not disappointment regarding the light for sure
Painting is still going on in the common areas but everyone is really nice and helpful
Thanks a mil for the photos. Are the walls in the bedroom yellow? I don't remember seeing yellow in any of the photos or viewings. Same with the white bedside tables.

Also ditto on the roller blind questions. Doesn't look like you have any blinds in the rooms 🧐
OutlanderWitch is offline  
19-02-2020, 07:48   #206
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Don't worry guys, they indeed forgot to put up my roller blinds (they were on the counter when I arrived), but I asked downstairs and somebody came straight away to put them up

As for the colour in the smallest bedroom (not the ensuite one, which is white), yes, it's a weird colour we haven't seen on any photo, it's not yellow but brownish. Not a big fan but at least it's not bright pink
Fompi is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2020, 08:35   #207
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,646
Ask for a lampshade aswell
Mr.S is online now  
19-02-2020, 08:45   #208
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Ask for a lampshade aswell
hahah, no, I got nice ones in Ikea <3
Fompi is offline  
19-02-2020, 19:47   #209
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,646
Flew into Dublin Airport today and realised the final approach was literally over the development.....! You could make out the Vesta sign.

What’s the aircraft noise level like?!
Mr.S is online now  
19-02-2020, 19:59   #210
Fompi
Registered User
 
Fompi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Flew into Dublin Airport today and realised the final approach was literally over the development.....! You could make out the Vesta sign.

What’s the aircraft noise level like?!
I dont know yet because I didnt have time to sit and relax and there is still construction work in progress anyway so it's hard to tell. We'll know in a few months!
Fompi is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet