Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf - Bull Wall swim times

• 31-08-2020 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'd like to start doing a bit of swimming off the Bull wall out in Clontarf. Does anyone know what times either side of high tide (e.g hour before and after is best) are the best for swimming out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Peck3277 wrote: »
    I'd like to start doing a bit of swimming off the Bull wall out in Clontarf. Does anyone know what times either side of high tide (e.g hour before and after is best) are the best for swimming out there?

https://www.sailing.ie/Tides/Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Peck3277 wrote: »

I am not that familiar with the area tide wise but don't forget the tide goes out faster than it comes in. You would probably be ok up to 4 hours before high water as once you get enough water to start swimming it is only going to get deeper. Getting in on an ebbing tide however can leave you high and dry and have you walking in a bit!! Best to start off a couple of hours either side of high tide the time of which mad m has helpfully linked to. Less of a tidal range at neaps so probably easier to figure it out then. Spring tides will leave the water very far out near low tide.
    Quick tip for you. if the tide is full in between 12 and 2 (roughly) it is always a spring tide in Dublin.

Advertisement