Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lady Gregory Swimming pool Gort

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I had a quick look on there website but no information about if the swimming area is open to the public.

Do you have to be a member of the gym or can anyone just walk in and use the pool for a price?

if so, how much is it?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Howdy,

You can sign in for a swim only without being a member. I think they have public hours but not sure what they are, best to give them a call.

I went there once with our toddler, i think was the usual gym cost for a swim, expensive!, plus the water was chilly enough so the little lad wasn't too happy. Facilities were good though, clean and in good order. 1 marked lane so good if you wanted a decent swim.

Kilcornan pool in Clarinbridge is prob cheaper (5 euros) and they have public hours in the evening and at weekends. Super warm water but no lanes.

OB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

I send them an email and this was the reply

We have public hours on a Saturday and Sunday from 1pm – 4pm Only. Outside this hours its members only. We have good packages and deals going on at the minute I will get our membership manager to email you with details.

Then from the membership manager
    Please note we do have public times but they will not be permanent and will soon be a member’s only facility.
    We have some fantastic offers for membership and I will be more than happy to go through these with you. If you are interested then please forward on a contact number and I will give you a call. Or you can simply pop in to me at the below details or give me a call.

I like Kilcornan pool, took swimming lessons there at 8pm. The public hour there was 7-8pm so when i turned up a bit early i seen it was fairly packed.

I am waiting for the swan leisure to come back with membership prices. You would think they would have a price list up on there site.
    It is prob expensive and they want you to call them so they can BS all the geat facilities they have and say its well worth it.

Advertisement