Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Victor have closed my account

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,993 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Some bookmakers show bets as "pending" when it's being sent over to the traders to be authorised.

Which bookies do that?

Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised. And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mellor wrote: »
    Which bookies do that?

It would be any 2 of 12 accounts closed in the last 5 years but couldn't remember which exact ones.
    Pending also appears in Smarkets football betting for 6 seconds (used to be 12 seconds :eek:) as they wait to see of there is a goal scored that would effect the bet.
    They are trying to stop people with a faster stream taking advantage of the prices before they change,
    Cost me a fortune last month when I thought I had a bet on but was cancelled as a goal was scored 8 seconds after placing the bet.
    Didn't have a faster feed was just unlucky with timing.
    Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised.

Would depend on the amount being staked.
    I had bets that would be pending while it went to either risk or traders for them to okay the stake amount.
    UK based online bookies would offer me x at the price and balance at way lower price after a while of using the account.
    And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system

That's true, would only show in your account when confirmed.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pending also appears in Smarkets football betting for 6 seconds (used to be 12 seconds :eek:) as they wait to see of there is a goal scored that would effect the bet.
    exchange markets are a bit different from bookies on a few fronts.

Would depend on the amount being staked.
    I had bets that would be pending while it went to either risk or traders for them to okay the stake amount.
    UK based online bookies would offer me x at the price and balance at way lower price after a while of using the account.
    Over max bets sure that might dock the odds. But in that case it still wouldn't appear as a pending bet until they've come back with the odds and you've accepted.

Anyway, bet in OP appears to have been place, but not settled when shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Which bookies do that?

Any bet offered on the website wouldn't have to be authorised. And if a price is requested from traders, it wouldn't appear in "My Bets" until its entered into the system.

Pending in a bet means it is placed but the result is not known yet, pending in a withdrawal means it is not cleared yet, they are two different things. The OP doesn't have to explain why he has a bet Victor account, my main reasons for accounts are range of markets, and price, maybe sens a scanned copy of your passport, and then withdraw the funds, and don't deal with them again.

Pending in a bet means it is placed but the result is not known yet, pending in a withdrawal means it is not cleared yet, they are two different things. The OP doesn't have to explain why he has a bet Victor account, my main reasons for accounts are range of markets, and price, maybe sens a scanned copy of your passport, and then withdraw the funds, and don't deal with them again.

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
    That's exactly what I said a pending bet was. Nobody mentioned a withdrawal.
    And nobody said anything about explaining why he has a bet victor acc.
    0 for 3 on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
    That's exactly what I said a pending bet was. Nobody mentioned a withdrawal.
    And nobody said anything about explaining why he has a bet victor acc.
    0 for 3 on that one.

Wasn't directed at you, I know you know what you are talking about, it was directed at the people who either don't know, or are trying to wind up the OP. Some people said pending means the bet wasn't accepted, and others are asking why he has an account with bet Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Just an update , I received this response today finally:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding your BetVictor account.

In order for us to do further reviews of your BetVictor account please can I ask that you provide the following.

1) A clear image of your Passport , please note that it must be a photo image of the actual passport and not a photo image of a copy of it.

2) A clear photo image of you holding the actual passport open on the photo page,.

3) A bank statement showing your name and the deposit to BetVictor.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Awkward now as I’ve had to request a bank statement and this will take a day or so. Hopefully this means some progress will be made.

123456789j wrote: »

In order for us to do further reviews of your BetVictor account please can I ask that you provide the following.

1) A clear image of your Passport , please note that it must be a photo image of the actual passport and not a photo image of a copy of it.
    2) A clear photo image of you holding the actual passport open on the photo page,.

Awkward now as I’ve had to request a bank statement and this will take a day or so. Hopefully this means some progress will be made.

All standard stuff so I'd say account will be reopened when you send that stuff off to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

they said they closed his account due to his activity on the site. i'm guessing his account will remain closed after they verify and pay him. very poor form by bet victor. personally i've had no trouble with this firm although i'm well down with them since i started using them last year.

• Advertisement

Wasn't directed at you, I know you know what you are talking about, it was directed at the people who either don't know, or are trying to wind up the OP. Some people said pending means the bet wasn't accepted, and others are asking why he has an account with bet Victor.

Fair enough. I reacted as I was quoted.
    Agree that justifying an account is ridiculous. I can’t remember all the accounts I’ve had. Has a good lol at 50 meaning somebody’s an addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Any further progress OP?

paddythere wrote: »
    Any further progress OP?

Sorry lads - got an email yesterday to say all of the money will be in my bank account in 3-5 working and my account has been reopened. Turned out their system was at fault and it’s policy to close accounts if flagged. Absolutely delighted. Cheers for the help !!

123456789j wrote: »
    Sorry lads - got an email yesterday to say all of the money will be in my bank account in 3-5 working and my account has been reopened. Turned out their system was at fault and it’s policy to close accounts if flagged. Absolutely delighted. Cheers for the help !!

There's a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

I am delighted for your outcome. I am sorry for the assumptions made

Advertisement