Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dull 0-0 Log

• 10-01-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Setting up a log to track my progress backing 0-0’s. My betting will be mostly UK domestic league and the odd cup games but might also be on matches in European competitions.

The market that I will be looking at in this log will be 0-0 at half or fulltime.

Single bets and multiples.

Starting balance will be €200 and target of reaching €2000.

Will try to post my selections up either the night before or in the mornings. All bets will be done on Bet365.
    Roll on some boring (very profitable) matches!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hmm - not sure I see the wisdom of this - apparently only 7-8% of matches finish goalless. How ar you going to pick games?

I'd also avoid watching them if you get close - you'll give yourself a heart attack every time there's a goal attempt!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Hmm - not sure I see the wisdom of this - apparently only 7-8% of matches finish goalless. How ar you going to pick games?

I'd also avoid watching them if you get close - you'll give yourself a heart attack every time there's a goal attempt!

Yes correct will have the cash out option if things get tense.

First pick is Leicester v Southampton No goals in the first half 7/4

€20 staked just to get the ball rolling!

Off to a bad start.

Two of the PL game to be 0-0 ht double. Both 12/5

€10 pays €115

€10 no goals in Spurs v United game 14/1

Bank: €160

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Good luck with it! I tried something similar a few years ago, got off to a good start but went downhill thereafter.

I think there are less 0-0s than there used to be. Only 4 across all four English divisions at the weekend, none in the three Scots divisions and none in La Liga or Ligue 1. Although in Premier League there seems to have been plenty of 0-0 half-times this season, so may be on to something there.

One thing I always do when betting on 0-0 fulltime is to do it on the First Goalscorer market rather than Correct Score. Some (albeit a minority) bookies give the same odds, but own goals don't count in the goalscorer market. The one and only time I got 0-0 treble up, one of the games was 1-0 but the goal was an OG, so counted as a winner in the No Goalscorer market.

Luap wrote: »
    Off to a bad start.

Two of the PL game to be 0-0 ht double. Both 12/5

€10 pays €115

€10 no goals in Spurs v United game 14/1

Bank: €160

Agonisingly close with the double here Rashfords goal cost us in both bets.

• Advertisement

Southampton v Derby.

No goalscorer 14/1 €10

First half 0-0 12/5 €20

Bank: €130

Luap wrote: »
    Southampton v Derby.

No goalscorer 14/1 €10

First half 0-0 12/5 €20

Bank: €130

First Half came in.

Doing the same bet on the Arsenal v Chelsea game.

No goalscorer 11/1 €8

First half 0-0 9/4 €20

Bank: €170

Advertisement