Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-08-2018, 15:35   #1
futuremedic777

What to do after you accept your GEM offer?

So I accepted my offer to UCC ! I heard from family that used to lived there that it's a great City and It has a beautiful campus 
I called them up yesterday, they said I will expect more info on what to do next by the 13th August via email.
UCC orientation day starts on the 31st, which seems quite early??? But the sooner the better tbh lol
Anyone with offers from UCC, UCD, RCSI, UL?
What are your Unis relaying to you all? When is your orientation? Have you received any further emails yet?
I'm currently abroad on holiday (nyc baby!!), so i need to make sure i have enough time to prepare by the end of the month.
Advertisement
03-08-2018, 15:54   #2
futuremedic777

For everyone else still waiting on an offer, Fingers crossed !! There is still a chance in within this month, places float till mid-september, I was in the same boat last year and HOPED, but second time coming (with a higher gamsat score)  i got in!
Stick with the motto, never give up. An extra year was what i needed to plan ahead and get on with my life, so if you're not lucky this year, the moment will come again, re-do that God forsaken exam (gamsat) and shoot for the higher numbers. Good luck!
04-08-2018, 17:09   #3
GrabTheCREAM

Havent got official word yet, for UCD anyway id say registration is either this coming week or after Rd1 offers then orientation week is Sept. 3rd.4th. Start of september seems to be the general start date for all the GEM programmes
04-08-2018, 17:16   #4
futuremedic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheCREAM View Post
Havent got official word yet, for UCD anyway id say registration is either this coming week or after Rd1 offers then orientation week is Sept. 3rd.4th. Start of september seems to be the general start date for all the GEM programmes
Fingers crossed on your own offer! Have you tried to call any Unis yet?
Yes I assumed for all GEM, but UCC start orientation on the 31st August then start the term on the 4th/5th September
04-08-2018, 17:50   #5
GrabTheCREAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremedic777 View Post
Quote:
Yes I assumed for all GEM, but UCC start orientation on the 31st August then start the term on the 4th/5th September
I actually got my offer for UCD so I’ve emailed them about start times etc., will get official word by Monday hopefully so I’ll post here when I do for anyone that’s wondering too!
Advertisement
05-08-2018, 04:50   #6
futuremedic777

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremedic777 View Post
Quote:
I actually got my offer for UCD so I’ve emailed them about start times etc., will get official word by Monday hopefully so I’ll post here when I do for anyone that’s wondering too!
ohhh that's what you meant, NICE !
And good idea, I just hope im on the right track like everyone else, I would hate to not know what's next to do at the last minute.
05-08-2018, 20:44   #7
caroline94

Congratulations!! I also just accepted an offer for UCC. No email for registration yet but I was sent a welcome pack in the post - a letter of congratulations, and a first year guide to success with info on orientation, registration, student life etc. Hope we hear more soon, August 31st seems so soon! Have you started looking into accommodation yet?
06-08-2018, 03:11   #8
futuremedic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline94 View Post
Congratulations!! I also just accepted an offer for UCC. No email for registration yet but I was sent a welcome pack in the post - a letter of congratulations, and a first year guide to success with info on orientation, registration, student life etc. Hope we hear more soon, August 31st seems so soon! Have you started looking into accommodation yet?
Yay a fellow UCC !!

You recieved a pack? This is why I needed this thread,since I’m currently abroad on holiday, I need to call them to send me an online version of This pack, I’ll also call for info on accommodation. i seriously don’t want to be behind when starting off.

Does the pack mention accommodation ?
06-08-2018, 10:47   #9
caroline94

Yay hello!!

Yes, I received one the day after I accepted the offer. I'm guessing anyone who accepted any course in UCC would have received one, as it's not specific to graduate medicine. It's called A First Year Guide To Success, and it really just contains mostly general info on UCC, how to register, academic year structure and exams, Student's Union, and student life, applicable to any incoming student. It does have some information specific to GEM too, but nothing that we wouldn't know already.

There is general information on campus accommodation, and it gives some advice on where/who to contact for help on finding accommodation.

I hope you're enjoying your holiday!! I'm also going on holiday tomorrow for 9 days, so I really could have picked a better time to go! But hopefully we hear more soon, and get everything sorted in time for starting

Last edited by caroline94; 06-08-2018 at 12:55.
Advertisement
06-08-2018, 15:08   #10
futuremedic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline94 View Post
Yay hello!!

Yes, I received one the day after I accepted the offer. I'm guessing anyone who accepted any course in UCC would have received one, as it's not specific to graduate medicine. It's called A First Year Guide To Success, and it really just contains mostly general info on UCC, how to register, academic year structure and exams, Student's Union, and student life, applicable to any incoming student. It does have some information specific to GEM too, but nothing that we wouldn't know already.

There is general information on campus accommodation, and it gives some advice on where/who to contact for help on finding accommodation.

I hope you're enjoying your holiday!! I'm also going on holiday tomorrow for 9 days, so I really could have picked a better time to go! But hopefully we hear more soon, and get everything sorted in time for starting
oh phew! that's great, it saves me the panic, thanks for letting me know!
And that's great! Enjoy your holiday too! We're apparently expecting one email on the 13th.
Have you sorted out your BOI loan?
20-08-2018, 08:19   #11
free_falling

Quote:
Hey! Just wondering did you hear back from UCD about start dates? Thanks
20-08-2018, 08:50   #12
e1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_falling View Post
Hey! Just wondering did you hear back from UCD about start dates? Thanks
If you look up UCD orientation timetables it looks like it's the 5th I haven't received anything else from ucd though about registering, which I thought was a bit strange?!
Thanks from:
20-08-2018, 09:07   #13
Celestial12

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1994 View Post
If you look up UCD orientation timetables it looks like it's the 5th I haven't received anything else from ucd though about registering, which I thought was a bit strange?!
We register on Wednesday I think? They’re sending out the packs today. I submitted the form/documents for Garda clearance, but haven’t done anything else as of yet. Can’t wait to get registration out of the way!
Thanks from:
20-08-2018, 09:33   #14
e1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial12 View Post
We register on Wednesday I think? They’re sending out the packs today. I submitted the form/documents for Garda clearance, but haven’t done anything else as of yet. Can’t wait to get registration out of the way!
How did you submit the forms? I wasn't sure how to login to the online system?
20-08-2018, 09:51   #15
Celestial12

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1994 View Post
How did you submit the forms? I wasn't sure how to login to the online system?
Cao # and your DOB is the password. You can then change your password when you sign up. I have access to my UCD email, but can’t login to blackboard and I presume that’s because I haven’t registered.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/newstuden...let%202018.pdf
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion