Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-04-2018, 10:32   #46
Pierre_Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar MIA View Post
Is the profession going to morph into Dr Google ?
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

There's some exciting stuff being done with machine learning and diagnostic radiology, though it's a while off replacing radiologists.

I probably simplified what I meant by pattern recognition. A lot of medicine is having seen a similar case previously, or perhaps more correctly, having seen tons of one type of presentation and so recognising the subtle difference in a new case. Or at least I've found that.
Advertisement
30-05-2018, 17:00   #47
Katiecoffey555

I am selling Gold Standard GAMSAT books if you are interested in taking it. My dad did GRADMED when he was 37 and never looked back. Go for it
30-05-2018, 21:44   #48
Sgro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecoffey555 View Post
I am selling Gold Standard GAMSAT books if you are interested in taking it. My dad did GRADMED when he was 37 and never looked back. Go for it
37 fairplay!

I'm currently in the midst of studying and grappling with doubting myself - could you tell us a bit more about your Dad? What was his career before, is he still working as a Doctor now?
Could use a good motivational story tbh

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion