Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-11-2017, 12:55   #61
Mrdata.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 124
Ambilight does look class. Is it worth it? Are there any other brands that use it at around that price point? Keeping an eye on the shops and richer sounds but don't see it really listed for anything around that price?
Mrdata. is offline  
Advertisement
26-11-2017, 13:44   #62
Coill1
Registered User
 
Coill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdata. View Post
Ambilight does look class. Is it worth it? Are there any other brands that use it at around that price point? Keeping an eye on the shops and richer sounds but don't see it really listed for anything around that price?
Only listings for it on Argos & littlewoods. (Apparently it's well worth it? - I'm getting 1 myself fingers crossed!) But I don't have / ever had 1! But it seems it's only Philips that has ambilight
Coill1 is offline  
26-11-2017, 13:52   #63
Fieldog
Registered User
 
Fieldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Dublin
Posts: 7,170
Phillip's TVs were garbage in the initial upgrade to HDTV back in the day, my friend had an ambilight one fail just inside guarantee and had to keep returning it forward and back to them in Belgium and eventually just gave up on it when he got it repaired a third time, I don't think it was manufactured by Phillip's though if that makes a difference...

Are Phillip's a decent TV these day's?

Any idea of input lag?
Fieldog is offline  
26-11-2017, 14:06   #64
stamjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Do we think Argos will reduce the tv's further tomorrow?
stamjoe is offline  
26-11-2017, 14:21   #65
droidman123
Registered User
 
droidman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coill1 View Post
Or consider this 1? Think there's 15% off for first order bringing it well within your budget. Check out ambilight vids on YouTube!

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ph...t=philips%204k
Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow
droidman123 is offline  
Advertisement
26-11-2017, 15:27   #66
frosty123
Registered User
 
frosty123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonJohn69 View Post
So when it comes to LG vs Samsung ? what are people thinking ?
LG's have a built in Sat receivers, don't think Samsung's have?

better viewing angle with LG's too
frosty123 is offline  
26-11-2017, 15:56   #67
upandcumming
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman123 View Post
Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow
What code was that?!
upandcumming is offline  
26-11-2017, 23:43   #68
droidman123
Registered User
 
droidman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by upandcumming View Post
What code was that?!
LMVNH
This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works
droidman123 is offline  
27-11-2017, 00:02   #69
positivenote
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman123 View Post
LMVNH
This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works
still works ... getting a quote of €552.49
positivenote is offline  
Advertisement
27-11-2017, 00:21   #70
droidman123
Registered User
 
droidman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivenote View Post
still works ... getting a quote of €552.49
Definitley 484 last week
droidman123 is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 01:13   #71
positivenote
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman123 View Post
Definitley 484 last week
still a nice price all the same...
positivenote is offline  
27-11-2017, 02:17   #72
acquiescefc
Registered User
 
acquiescefc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: dublin
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman123 View Post
Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow
Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’
acquiescefc is offline  
27-11-2017, 08:51   #73
droidman123
Registered User
 
droidman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquiescefc View Post
Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’
Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon
droidman123 is offline  
28-11-2017, 08:31   #74
acquiescefc
Registered User
 
acquiescefc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: dublin
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman123 View Post
Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon
Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.
acquiescefc is offline  
28-11-2017, 09:15   #75
droidman123
Registered User
 
droidman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquiescefc View Post
Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.
My tracking hasnt changed still saying passed on to third party courier on the 21 st, i got onto littlewoods chat last night and she said she would pass my query onto the relevent department.this morning i got an email from them telling me my order is with the 3rd party courier and i can expect to hear from them about delivery within the next 22 days!!! Ridiculous! I have a feeling they are waiting for the truck to fill with the tv orders before they set out to bulk deliver.i am livid!!
droidman123 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet