Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-07-2018, 11:55   #1
Pingding
Registered User
 
Pingding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
My application has been deemed ineligible, now in appeals. Anyone been through this?

I effed up big time and never sent in my degree parchment, only my official transcript, and my email on Friday said my application has been deemed ineligible but I could send on further documentation to potentially appeal the decision.

I have a GAMSAT score in the 60s so I'm pretty gutted. I've sent in an appeal with a certified copy of the degree parchment and contacted both the CAO and the admissions offices, who told me to do this because the transcripts said "expected to be conferred" such and such date, and not conferred.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Has anyone else previously been through this appeal and ultimately got offered a place?

Unsure whether to post this as a new thread or not, so apologies to mods if this should be in the sticky thread.
Pingding is offline  
Advertisement
24-07-2018, 08:35   #2
Celestial12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
From what you’ve said it sounds like it’s just a formality more than anything else, and that once you submit your degree parchment all will be in order. I was terrified something like this would happen to me, but luckily they said I was deemed eligible last Friday.

On an old thread here I read someone saying they were deemed ineligible due to insufficient proof of EU status - but they managed to get it sorted on time. Best of luck! I’d imagine they’ll get back to you soon to put your mind at ease.

What’s your first choice?
Celestial12 is offline  
Thanks from:
24-07-2018, 11:07   #3
Pingding
Registered User
 
Pingding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial12 View Post
From what you’ve said it sounds like it’s just a formality more than anything else, and that once you submit your degree parchment all will be in order. I was terrified something like this would happen to me, but luckily they said I was deemed eligible last Friday.

On an old thread here I read someone saying they were deemed ineligible due to insufficient proof of EU status - but they managed to get it sorted on time. Best of luck! I’d imagine they’ll get back to you soon to put your mind at ease.

What’s your first choice?

Yeah I really hope it's just a formality but honestly the heart is put crossways in me at the moment! Thanks so much for the reassurance, I really need it. UCD is my first choice, what about you?
Pingding is offline  
25-07-2018, 11:23   #4
Celestial12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingding View Post
Yeah I really hope it's just a formality but honestly the heart is put crossways in me at the moment! Thanks so much for the reassurance, I really need it. UCD is my first choice, what about you?
UCD is my first choice too, I scored above 60 so I should get an offer. Any update from the CAO?
Celestial12 is offline  
30-07-2018, 20:47   #5
Pingding
Registered User
 
Pingding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial12 View Post
UCD is my first choice too, I scored above 60 so I should get an offer. Any update from the CAO?
Nothing. Don't know what to think if I don't hear by tomorrow, seeing as the offers come out on Thursday. The radio silence from other posters is also not comforting, I must be the only one (or one of very few) who's f***ed it, like. To say I'm beyond devastated is an understatement.

Last edited by Pingding; 30-07-2018 at 20:51.
Pingding is offline  
Advertisement
30-07-2018, 22:05   #6
Celestial12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingding View Post
Nothing. Don't know what to think if I don't hear by tomorrow, seeing as the offers come out on Thursday. The radio silence from other posters is also not comforting, I must be the only one (or one of very few) who's f***ed it, like. To say I'm beyond devastated is an understatement.
Phone the CAO tomorrow and see what they say. You could also try contacting UCD directly. Don’t be hard on yourself, it was an easy mistake. Fingers crossed it will work out for you. I honestly don’t see why it won’t.
Celestial12 is offline  
Thanks from:
02-08-2018, 12:06   #7
Pingding
Registered User
 
Pingding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Update for anyone in the future who goes through the same thing

I sent in my appeal, a letter outlining my case with my documentation, then didn't hear anything from either the CAO or the admissions offices for the whole two weeks, even though I was ringing them and talking to them. I ended up calling them again the day before the results came out and they were able to tell me that my appeal had been successful and I was once again eligible to compete for a place. I ended up getting offered a place so if you find yourself in this position don't panic, just send in your appeal with your documents, make sure the documents go up on your CAO portal and stay in contact with the admissions offices to make sure your appeal has been processed.
Pingding is offline  
Thanks from:
02-08-2018, 12:23   #8
moss house
Registered User
 
moss house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 28
Well done and good luck for the future
moss house is offline  
Thanks from:
02-08-2018, 15:00   #9
Rainbowdash1
Registered User
 
Rainbowdash1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Oh phew. I'm so relieved for you!
Rainbowdash1 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-08-2018, 15:11   #10
Pingding
Registered User
 
Pingding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Lol, thanks the both of ye. Didn't realise people were following this thread.
Pingding is offline  
02-08-2018, 22:57   #11
Rainbowdash1
Registered User
 
Rainbowdash1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Yeah I'd nothing to add and I didn't really think thoughts and prayers would be much comfort.
Rainbowdash1 is offline  
Thanks from:
02-08-2018, 22:57   #12
Rainbowdash1
Registered User
 
Rainbowdash1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Yeah I'd nothing to add and I didn't really think thoughts and prayers would be much comfort.
Rainbowdash1 is offline  
06-08-2018, 15:45   #13
PyramidUp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dublin
Posts: 17
Glad you got sorted. I was sweating just reading the situation. Best of luck.
PyramidUp is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet