Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P!nk Beautiful Trauma tour Dublin summer 2019

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oh god lads I'm gonna be the whiny one here and I hate myself for it because I was so looking forward to this show.
    I'd say she sang about 50% of the actual show and just heavily depended on the backing singers the rest of the time which was disappointing (yes yes, I know she was dancing etc but I paid to hear her sing, not the backing singers.

She will always have to duck out of some parts of songs, given the physicality she's putting into the show. Having said that, her vocal could have been isolated more - I though a lot of her top end range was a bit lost in the sound.
    In general, she wasn't happy with the sound - was making a lot of gestures throughout, to the sound crew to raise/lower levels in her monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Necro wrote: »
    Jaysus. How in this day and age is it still permitted to smoke at gigs in the standing areas (or anywhere) really? And I'm a smoker myself.

I do notice that a lot of people are so careless for others when indulging, gives us a really bad rep :(

There were a couple of smokers with us too who just wouldn't smoke there, even they weren't happy about it. But I agree, I don't know how its still ok, even if there was a designated smoking area it would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got herself and the mother tickets for birthdays and went myself, good god what a performance.
    I don't think it was miming, she had a backing track for some songs where she was doing her gymnast thing, but she was still singing along with it. It was probably more to keep the tune going while she was flying about the place.

We were up in the stands, had some eastern european crowd in front of us who's hubbys were rotten drunk and kept blowing smoke back at us, as well as generally being in the way. Also had some young one behind us keep spilling her drink on us, I'd say she remembers very little of the whole show she was that drunk.

Hell of a lot easier to get out of there than Slane though, which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I was in block E and there was a massive amount of people standing and sitting on the steps leading to the seats even within the stand, not stewards people in general, a lot were very drunk and jumping around the place but I don’t know where they came from

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

I've seen a few comments here about her miming.
    Pink never mimes. She once said she has never mimed in her life and has spoken out against artists miming in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

kcdiom wrote: »
    It did seem to take ages to get out. I think the stewards were caught a little off guard because they weren't ready to herd people out, and we saw what may have been a supervisor roaring at staff to get them to where they needed to be. At the same time, there was a guy being attended to that was gushing blood from his head so who knows what was really going on.

I think the staff were definitely caught off guard by the sudden finish. We were just out on Anglesey Road when a poor lady tripped on the uneven footpath & fell, knocking herself clean out cold :eek: It was horrific, I hope to never hear a sound like it again.
    Anyway, I rushed back to the gate thinking I'd grab a steward who could get help. Nope, no one to be seen, eventually got some lad who was no help at all. Didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation & wasn't bothered getting any help to her. My husband had to go to three different entrances before he could find a garda to help her. Crazy considering the amount of Gardai & stewards who were around before the concert began.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

urbangoo wrote: »
    I've seen a few comments here about her miming.
    Pink never mimes. She once said she has never mimed in her life and has spoken out against artists miming in the past.

I guess miming wasn't the correct description .
    As other posters have pointed out though she left alot of the vocals on the higher tempo songs to her backing singers and she was also using backing tracks of her vocals on some songs of that there is no doubt.

Personally I'd have preferred less theatrics and more singing from her but I guess a compromise has to be made for stadium shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

Pros:
    - Incredible production overall from Pink.
    - Smaller venue than Aviva or Croke Park.

Cons:
    - Felt like going to a disco\pub before the smoking ban in 2003.
    - A lot of very drunk people around where we were standing.
    - Vance Joy was a big let down. A one hit wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cons:

Unfortunately this seems to apply to nearly every gig lately.

Gig wise; in the last few months alone I've been to Michael Bublé, P!nk, Backstreet Boys, Noel Gallagher, Snow Patrol amongst a few others and there's been a seemingly huge contingent of utterly sh¡tfaced people, more than I've experienced over the years.

I get people having a few drinks and enjoying themselves but people getting completely blitzed baffles me when ticket prices are so high.

Woman next to me brought her daughter to the gig last night and had 8-10 Rockshores herself over the two hours and was smoking every half hour. Pain in the arse to be next to.

Gig itself was sensational though and thankfully didn't take away from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

Unfortunately this seems to apply to nearly every gig lately

Two different women (one 40+ who should know better by now) within a couple of feet of me collapsed from drink and had to be taken out by medical staff.

Admittedly I don't go to a lot of gigs but I thought that was surprising within such a small area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Jasus I was actually shocked at how few drunk people were around us actually. We weren't bothered going to the bar coz it was so freakin far away and the queues for the toilets were nuts.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Jasus I was actually shocked at how few drunk people were around us actually. We weren't bothered going to the bar coz it was so freakin far away and the queues for the toilets were nuts.

I can't put into words just how bad the crowd and general organisation was by comparison to Bon Jovi at the weekend :D I guess it depends on where you were in the crowd. Each time we went to get drinks from the people selling from the coolers they tried to short change us also, I'm hoping that was a series of bad coincidences!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

I've been to 3 gigs in the past couple of months and at each one, i've had people around me s*it faced by 8/9 o'clock. TBH i think the gig has become secondary to alot of people and its just another excuse to get pi$$ed.

wawaman wrote: »
    I've been to 3 gigs in the past couple of months and at each one, i've had people around me s*it faced by 8/9 o'clock. TBH i think the gig has become secondary to alot of people and its just another excuse to get pi$$ed.

Totally agree. And its quite annoying.
    I have an acquaintance who gets tickets to everything, is buckled by the time the gig starts, leaves half way through and couldn't tell you anything about the gig. Waste of a ticket, and presumably irritating as hell for anyone who happens to come across him stumbling round before the main acts even start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd love to have that type of disposable income.
    I spent just shy of €500 on tickets for this, not a chance I was going to be anything but sober as **** for it.

wawaman wrote: »
    TBH i think the gig has become secondary to alot of people and its just another excuse to get pi$$ed.

And to get the Instagram to say they were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

We had a very different experience. We were standing and the crowd around us was lovely, nobody too drunk and the girl in front of me even told me to go ahead of her at one point so I could get a better view of then acrobatics.

The thing we thought was insane was how strict the stewards were. Hours before the concert was starting we were in and sat down on the ground only to have one come up to us to say it wasn’t allowed! Then the constant checking of our tickets everywhere you went. Surely wristbands would have been an easier solution! We had our tickets checked about 8 or 9 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Actually yeah the constant checking of tickets when you went to the loo or to the bar was a bit much. Surely once you're in the arena you should be allowed access anywhere? I'd only expect tickets to be checked or wristbands to be given out if you were in the seated area or the gold circle. And my husband almost missed the first song because he wasn't allowed back onto the pitch the same way he left it. He had to go back to the bottom of the pitch and work his way back up to where we were standing. It was ridiculous.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Checking of the tickets I'd guess was to make sure people didn't start trying to get into standing/GC from the seated area and leading to overcrowding.

Checking of the tickets I'd guess was to make sure people didn't start trying to get into standing/GC from the seated area and leading to overcrowding.

Of course. This is common practice at most gigs where there's any element of varied seating. You can't have people wandering around freely as areas would become unsafe.

They have to check tickets in each area or they'll never get permission to run gigs again. Annoying but necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 billymc1

did anyone get stung with fake tickets - etickets as a lot of fake adds on adverts and done deal ? the etickets are very easy way for fraud by being photo copy and can sell as man times as you like crazy !! they need to stick to hard copy tickets as too much money that people getting stung for !! I went with my wife and kid and really enjoyed great gig !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

billymc1 wrote: »
    did anyone get stung with fake tickets - etickets as a lot of fake adds on adverts and done deal ? the etickets are very easy way for fraud by being photo copy and can sell as man times as you like crazy !! they need to stick to hard copy tickets as too much money that people getting stung for !! I went with my wife and kid and really enjoyed great gig !!!!!!

A couple in front of us, they had e-tickets which were fake or something as when they scanned they made a weird sound and were told to go ticket master office.
    I got scammed at Coldplay in 2017 but it was hard copy tickets. The person i bought them off claimed they never arrived in the post, and ticketmaster cancelled the ones they sold me and issued them new ones. Fairly common ticketmaster told me when it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭furrybones

Loved loved loved the show. We ended up with quite good seats at the end of a row so it was easy go move when the same girl needed to leave the middle of the row over and over and over again, lol.

Anyway. I have to agree about the drinking. There was one girl on our bus who was hammered before we even got to the RDS, despite alcohol being strictly prohibited on the bus.. hmmm... I'd hate to have little to no memory of the gig because I was pi$$ed - what a waste.

My biggest gripe - Eddie Rockets taking the kids meals off the menu despite the fact that there were so many kids there was nothing short of pure greed, shame on them!! €8 for a few bloody tenders and they were spicy which a lot of kids don't like.

All in all, I would go again in the morning. :D

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd love to do it all again. I didn't see anyone falling around drunk but I was in the gold circle about 10 people back from the barrier so anybody there stayed standing and held their spot. The show was something else I'd happily have stood in the same spot for another 2 hours if she played that long.

my only gripe was the lack of directors after the event. All the information beforehand was how to get there, we got taxis from town but it was bedlam outside afterwards. We knew taxis back would be harder to get, we were prepared to walk but weren't familiar with the area and got separated. I walked in the direction the crowd was going and ended up going around in a circle and nearly back at the RDS before I got a taxi by pure chance. if there had been a clear route back to town signposted it would have helped but its my own fault for not thinking of that beforehand.

Advertisement