Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If anyone's interested, Radio Nova are streaming World On Fire today.

http://www.nova.ie/latest_news/nova-exclusive-listen-to-slashs-new-album/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

When's this album being released in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When's this album being released in Ireland?

It's on the irish iTunes from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's on the irish iTunes from today.

On Spotify now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

New releases normally come out on a Friday here so I would have expected it then but HMV in Blanchardstown didn't have it yesterday.

Apolagies have not read the whole thread so this may be answered, 16th Sept is the official release date I believe but I see its available on line so maby its supposed to hit the shops on that date.

Apparently this album was recorded good old fashoned Analogue - I have to say I listened to most of it on stream and I like it - Old school rock and roll

• Advertisement

nelly17 wrote: »
    Apolagies have not read the whole thread so this may be answered, 16th Sept is the official release date I believe but I see its available on line so maby its supposed to hit the shops on that date.

Apparently this album was recorded good old fashoned Analogue - I have to say I listened to most of it on stream and I like it - Old school rock and roll

Apparently, it's available today in HMV!?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Yeah, I received my copy in the post today. Forgot that I preordered it when I was ordering tickets for the Slash gig on ticketmaster. Question for anybody that got the CD. There is a 12 x 12 signed photo of slash in mine. Of course at first I thought it was just a printed on signature but It looks like it was done with a silver pen. Did anyone else get that in their jewel case?

I know it sounds stupid but i'm ever the optimist(even more so being a United fan having watched David Moyes last season at the helm!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yes it's signed by the man himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Anybody know anyone looking for tickets for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Anybody know anyone looking for tickets for the gig?

yep, I'm looking for a couple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

yep, I'm looking for a couple
    PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Love the new album, maybe a bit too long I would take one or two out but some great rocking songs on it, beneath the savage sun is amazing, really looking forward to November now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Howard Stern Show - Slash, Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators Interview 09/16/14

F@&king hell this is a good album!!!! The only track I don't really like is the instrumental.

The intro to "The Dissident" is ****ing hilarious!! :-)

World On Fire is brilliant.

A cool piece of Slash history posted on Youtube by his ex Snakepit drummer Matt Laug

Slash's Snakepit tracking "The Alien" live in the studio July 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    World On Fire is brilliant.

Nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

anyone going to see Slash in dublin ?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/slash-dublin-11-10-2014/event/18004CBAD957318C

what time will they be on stage, wondering do I need to take both Monday and Tuesday off work to get to see them

and it appears its seating rather than standing isn't it

I'm off to it. It does have standing room at the front (the layout on ticketmaster defaults to seated, but the tickets for sale list standing and seating). I don't know when he'll be on, though. Doors open at 6:30 and I've no idea if there's a support act. Probably be a safe bet that they'll be on at about 8:30 and finish 10-10:30. But that's just a guess really. It's what most bands would play there (I think. I'm usually pretty drunk by the time they finish).

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    I'm off to it. It does have standing room at the front (the layout on ticketmaster defaults to seated, but the tickets for sale list standing and seating). I don't know when he'll be on, though. Doors open at 6:30 and I've no idea if there's a support act. Probably be a safe bet that they'll be on at about 8:30 and finish 10-10:30. But that's just a guess really. It's what most bands would play there (I think. I'm usually pretty drunk by the time they finish).

Canadian rock band Monster Truck will be the warm up band before Slash & Co come on stage, got no idea about stage times, I've just tweeted MCD Productions about stage times, will come back when i get a reply.

aidanki wrote: »
    anyone going to see Slash in dublin ?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/slash-dublin-11-10-2014/event/18004CBAD957318C

what time will they be on stage, wondering do I need to take both Monday and Tuesday off work to get to see them

and it appears its seating rather than standing isn't it

some of the crowd will be seated, i was kinda lucky, got myself a standing ticket.

some of the crowd will be seated, i was kinda lucky, got myself a standing ticket.
    I'm old and happy I got a seated one. :D

humanji wrote: »
    I'm old and happy I got a seated one. :D

You'll have as good a time sat down as ya would being standing.

From Slash's Twitter, getting excited now for November 10th.
    Can't wait for our Euro tour next month. New songs new venues. & a couple cities we've never played. Rehearsals this week! RnRFnR! iiii]; )'

Only 1 week to go, I am really f'n excited now, have been listening to a major slash/GNR playlist all week, any idea what time these gigs are usually over at?

I think The O2 has a curfew of 23:30 could be wrong though.

I'm hoping it will be over by 11, I've to catch a bus in town for 11.30

I'm hoping Slash finishes up around 22:00/22:15, hoping to catch the 23:45 bus back to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm hoping Slash finishes up around 22:00/22:15, hoping to catch the 23:45 bus back to Galway.

Even a 22:30 finish leaves you plenty of time to get to bus station, damn, you'd even make it if it finished at 23:00

Advertisement