Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This seems to be the whole album live:

http://soundcheck.walmart.com/slash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

feylya wrote: »
    This seems to be the whole album live:

http://soundcheck.walmart.com/slash

The album has leaked, and its amazing, great way to start work,
    the opening track is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is in the shops tomorrow as part of the Classic Rock Slash Pack.

The regular version of the cd will not be in HMV etc. until mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

? Cant view that here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I just love that will all this crap about Axl and gnr, slash is still making amazing music, and touring with no problems.
    What's that two solo albums, in two years, Axl took how long to get one album out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

1 album since 1994.

Slash has had 6, not to mention the countless guest appearances he has made on other artists albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is in the shops tomorrow as part of the Classic Rock Slash Pack.

The regular version of the cd will not be in HMV etc. until mid June.

Gonna pick this up myself. The last album also came out in the same format,great bit of reading to go with the tunes.

When's this being released in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When's this being released in Ireland?

New releases normally come out on a Friday here so I would have expected it then but HMV in Blanchardstown didn't have it yesterday.

• Advertisement

New releases normally come out on a Friday here so I would have expected it then but HMV in Blanchardstown didn't have it yesterday.

It would only be in HMV stores that sell Classic Rock.

The stand alone CD version for shops does not come out for another month. The version that came out this weekend is the Slash pack where you get the CD, the Slash edition of Classic Rock, a poster etc.

The same happened with the last Slash album. The magazine version came out a month before the store cd version.

If HMV don't sell Classic Rock then they will not be able to sell the album until the standard version comes out in the third week of June.

Try your local Eason store (or any newsagent that normally stocks Classic Rock) today or tomorrow and you should be able to get the Slash pack, or go on Amazon and buy it there.

The new Rush album is also coming out as a Classic Rock special one month before the regular cd is sold in music shops, and the same applies with all other Classic Rock album pack releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just picked it up in Easons today,€19.93 was the cost. I'll give it a spin later and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Got it in Easons yesterday, just one listen. GNR on Thurs night and now Slash we really are spoilt.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just picked it up in Easons today,€19.93 was the cost. I'll give it a spin later and see what it's like.

Will check my local Easons. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know you get a mag as well but it''s funny being back to the days when CDs cost €20

Picked it up yesterday. Have to say atm there aren't really any standout tracks(imo). It's not an instant album like the first one was/is.

Maybe it's a grower......?

Picked it up yesterday. Have to say atm there aren't really any standout tracks(imo). It's not an instant album like the first one was/is.

Maybe it's a grower......?

And yet you voted for it in the album of the week thread ;):pac:

Kess73 wrote: »
    And yet you voted for it in the album of the week thread ;):pac:

LOL. Cos it's new and it's got Slash's name on it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Just got it in Eason's...looking forward to listening later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think it's alright, some good tunes on there, but it's just generic guitar driven middle of the road stuff tbh.

A particular fave of mine..

• Advertisement

I think it's alright, some good tunes on there, but it's just generic guitar driven middle of the road stuff tbh.

A particular fave of mine..

That pretty much sums how I rate the album.

generic generic generic...my god I am sick to my back teeth of hearing this put forward as criticism on the internet. Especially when I hear the alternative put forward by the likes of Bumblefoot and Buckethead, twiddly traddly guitar wankfest bloopedy bloop crap.

Slash does straight ahead rock. If you haven't realised that by now then you probably shouldn't bother picking up his albums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

TheGimp wrote: »
    generic generic generic...my god I am sick to my back teeth of hearing this put forward as criticism on the internet. Especially when I hear the alternative put forward by the likes of Bumblefoot and Buckethead, twiddly traddly guitar wankfest bloopedy bloop crap.

Slash does straight ahead rock. If you haven't realised that by now then you probably shouldn't bother picking up his albums.
    Straight ahead generic rock?

Just to add, Slash also seems to have forgotten how to write a decent solo.

bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I haven't heard this yet, but Slash seems to suffer after his first album. Slash's Snakepit, Velvet Revolver. For me, the first album for both were the best, after that it went downhill (really far downhill in the case of Velvet Revolver). The previous album got a lot of praise, this one seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews so it's sounding like the same story again.

Where in the guys previous post was the word "generic"???????:confused:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I haven't heard this yet, but Slash seems to suffer after his first album. Slash's Snakepit, Velvet Revolver. For me, the first album for both were the best, after that it went downhill (really far downhill in the case of Velvet Revolver). The previous album got a lot of praise, this one seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews so it's sounding like the same story again.

Actually I have seen far more positive reviews for this album which is backed up by it looking set to debut at #5 in the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart. Not bad for a self-release.

Actually I have seen far more positive reviews for this album which is backed up by it looking set to debut at #5 in the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart. Not bad for a self-release.

VR's second album was awful, truly awful. The best song on it was a bloody cover version.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I dont think that backs up anything I pre-ordered the album months ago as did many others only hearing "You're a Lie" in the meantime, charts never back up anything Tenacious Ds new album is shockin' IMO and yet its number 3 the rest of the top 10 features the likes of One Direction, Glee , Now 42 etc. does this mean these albums essential, I hate to state the obvious but no.

Advertisement