Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cock up with wages and can't afford rent. What do I do

• 22-09-2011 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I'll be finishing up renting my place soon.

I have one more rent payment which is tomorrow but there has been a cock up with my wages and can't afford to pay the rent. I usually get paid weekly, but there has been a cock up for the past three weeks which I was trying to fix on time and thats sorted now. Just this morning.I'm going to be paid three weeks pay next week.

So what do I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I'll be finishing up renting my place soon.

I have one more rent payment which is tomorrow but there has been a cock up with my wages and can't afford to pay the rent. I usually get paid weekly, but there has been a cock up for the past three weeks which I was trying to fix on time and thats sorted now. Just this morning.I'm going to be paid three weeks pay next week.

So what do I do.
    RIng your landlord and tell him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ring landlord, explain, suggest taking deposit instead if he wants it asap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

bluewolf wrote: »
    ring landlord, explain, suggest taking deposit instead if he wants it asap?

It goes automatically into his bank account every month by standing order.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Can you afford to pay part of the rent? You could ring the landlord and explain and offer part of the rent? Or you could ask your bank for an overdraft? Or you could borrow the money from a friend or relative? Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

blah wrote: »
    Can you afford to pay part of the rent? You could ring the landlord and explain and offer part of the rent? Or you could ask your bank for an overdraft? Or you could borrow the money from a friend or relative? Good luck

I've helped out family so many times but when it comes to it they won't help me in any circumstances.

I won't be able to get to a bank at all either. Would I be able to organise an overdraft in such a short amout of time. If so I could perhaps leg it to a bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Ring the bank and ask?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It goes automatically into his bank account every month by standing order.

So cancel the standing order and ring him...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I've helped out family so many times but when it comes to it they won't help me in any circumstances.

I won't be able to get to a bank at all either. Would I be able to organise an overdraft in such a short amout of time. If so I could perhaps leg it to a bank.

Remember this the next time they ask you!!!

Advertisement