Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

paulos53 wrote: »
    I believe you were the winner of the last Thurles outing. How could I ever forget shooting 43 points and only getting 2nd place!

Nearly the last time i won an outing!

There was a few 40+ points in that day! Course was playing easy enough though. I'll have a look for the thread now and see.

43 Won
    43 second
    41 third
    39 fourth
    36 fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I feel the same as Charlie. Was hoping to make the jug on merit this year having not played in it previously but looks like I need to try make the next 4 outings and place well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I have just booked 7 twin rooms in Hotel Killarney for captains night. €65 per person. I have them booked with free cancellation 3 days beforehand. But I'm not planning on leaving it that close. Please let me know if you want to avail of a bed and if there is anyone in particular you fancy sharing with.

It's a decent hotel, we stayed in it last time. It's a little out of town, but not that bad 2km so you could walk in 20 mins or 5 mins in a taxi. Closer hotels were either full up or €90+

Breakfast included.

Also, anyone going down on Friday? No rooms booked yet, just Saturday for now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have just booked 7 twin rooms in Hotel Killarney for captains night. €65 per person. I have them booked with free cancellation 3 days beforehand. But I'm not planning on leaving it that close. Please let me know if you want to avail of a bed and if there is anyone in particular you fancy sharing with.

It's a decent hotel, we stayed in it last time. It's a little out of town, but not that bad 2km so you could walk in 20 mins or 5 mins in a taxi. Closer hotels were either full up or €90+

Breakfast included.

I'm in Seve. You can stick my name on a room. Not fussy on who I share with

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CharlieIRL and I looking to take a half day Friday, play somewhere on the way down Friday evening and play somewhere on the way back (to/from midlands) Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Count me in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Ill be there too. Thanks for sorting out. I'm not fussed about who I share with either

slave1 wrote: »
    CharlieIRL and I looking to take a half day Friday, play somewhere on the way down Friday evening and play somewhere on the way back (to/from midlands) Sunday

Would be interested in trying to squeeze in a Friday open, if possible, myself

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I don't think that 5 mins in a taxi applies to Benny. Also I've a park bench reserved for Tiger :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I'm heading down on Friday with Golfnut33 and Kingswood Rover and we have booked The Glenbeigh Hotel for 2 nights,we have spare room booked if anyone stuck, it's beside course 5 mins from Killorglan.Hope to play Adare Manor (not big course) on the friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

I don't think that 5 mins in a taxi applies to Benny. Also I've a park bench reserved for Tiger :eek:

New year new beginnings Plus I'm not leaving the hotel! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    I'm heading down on Friday with Golfnut33 and Kingswood Rover and we have booked The Glenbeigh Hotel for 2 nights,we have spare room booked if anyone stuck, it's beside course 5 mins from Killorglan.Hope to play Adare Manor (not big course) on the friday
    Adare have an open on the Friday I think or used to have anyway.

davegilly wrote: »
    Adare have an open on the Friday I think or used to have anyway.

That'll work well, Halfway stop for breakfast then game then 2 hours on to Glenbeigh

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭a post punk

Breakfast included.

Stick me down Seve, thanks for getting it sorted. The hotel is very easy to find for most of us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Count me in too, I would like to play an open too on Friday if possible, that would be awesome

If you get to Kerry early enough then there is usually an open in Beaufort, just outside Killarney on the Killorglin side. Never played it but supposed to be half decent.

does that mean you want a room?

So for rooms I have

Seve OB
    Benny79
    roadrunner
    bigchap
    fixdepitchmark
    spacecoyote
    Kilth
    pakman
    a post punk
    jarrieta
    offaly medic
    Brian

So for rooms I have

Seve OB
    Benny79
    roadrunner
    bigchap
    fixdepitchmark
    spacecoyote
    Kilth
    pakman
    a post punk
    jarrieta
    shauna

Cheers Seve. So I'm stuck in a room with that fix b*stard again am I :D

Better get working on some new golf games.

I assume you've only booked for the Saturday at the moment?

Cheers Seve. So I'm stuck in a room with that fix b*stard again am I :D

Better get working on some new golf games.

I assume you've only booked for the Saturday at the moment?

no room assignments yet, will wait and see who else is in.
    list updated to add in Brian

• Advertisement

no room assignments yet, will wait and see who else is in.
    list updated to add in Brian

Ha, thought you had them split in twos earlier...plus was just looking for an excuse to give Fix a bit of abuse :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

does that mean you want a room?

No, we're staying two nights so looking to stay in the same place, post was more to talk about rounds on the Friday afternoon and Sunday morning

davegilly wrote: »
    If you get to Kerry early enough then there is usually an open in Beaufort, just outside Killarney on the Killorglin side. Never played it but supposed to be half decent.

Just checked Friday 20th Sept and yes Beaufort is listed as having an open on...30 euro

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Just checked Friday 20th Sept and yes Beaufort is listed as having an open on...30 euro

Good stuff. Might play it myself if I can get down early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Another option would be open singles on in Dromoland every Friday. We played there few years ago before Captains in Killarney.

Updated golfer of the year table.
    I'll be back next month so need to get some points in badly to contend for the jug team.... and of course my game is gone to pot :(

483027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

BallyK! sort your sh1t out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭a post punk

RoadRunner wrote: »
    BallyK! sort your sh1t out :pac:

Past captain :eek::eek:

anyone else for rooms?
    I wont cancel anything yet but would appreciate deposits at next outing.
    also, anyone in particular want (or not want :D) to share with anyone else let me know (Pm is fine if you prefer;))

• Advertisement

anyone else for rooms?
    I wont cancel anything yet but would appreciate deposits at next outing.
    also, anyone in particular want (or not want :D) to share with anyone else let me know (Pm is fine if you prefer;))

Wont be at castleknock. Can get you at Carlow, or do a transfer if that suits better?

Advertisement