Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I was in tesco again today and there was an assistant with a cage putting bits n bobs out like headphones and few kiddy things. I picked up toshiba blu ray wifi for €45. Got talking to the assistant and was told the staff was a bit peed off with the manager as he had gotten 2 samsung 51 inch tv for himself and any sony 42 inch tv was put aside for "friends". This was the same manager who told me to my face on Sunday that the store never ever has tvs bigger than 40 inch in stock.
    One of the Samsung was still sitting out the back as he hadn't taken it or paid yet. The assistant told me his name was on it on hold. She wasn't happy that the staff wasn't told anything. She had heard it seemed to be management who got first dibs in other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭dunworth1

bodhi085 wrote: »
    I was in tesco again today and there was an assistant with a cage putting bits n bobs out like headphones and few kiddy things. I picked up toshiba blu ray wifi for €45. Got talking to the assistant and was told the staff was a bit peed off with the manager as he had gotten 2 samsung 51 inch tv for himself and any sony 42 inch tv was put aside for "friends". This was the same manager who told me to my face on Sunday that the store never ever has tvs bigger than 40 inch in stock.
    One of the Samsung was still sitting out the back as he hadn't taken it or paid yet. The assistant told me his name was on it on hold. She wasn't happy that the staff wasn't told anything. She had heard it seemed to be management who got first dibs in other stores.

what store was this.

coonagh by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alliemac

Sorry just seem this now . There were only a few boys and bobs in a basket. I only found one hd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Don't know if it's been posted but there are 2 furbys in Balinasloe for €30 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Now €30, got the one and only one in Lucan.
    Strange, only one left in Tesco Naas; still marked and scanning as €50

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dec4 wrote: »

Not strange- the battery pack is missing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

The battery pack is an (expensive..€30ish) extra with all Pure radios afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

no offers as of yet in the Nenagh store in regards to Buffalo, TV or blu ray unless someone has succeeded

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Dec4 wrote: »

Hi are there was any bluray players with wifi left in naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Look out for the following which I picked up in Nass Extra:

Customer Service (18507448444) advised me that a delivery of 46" 3D Sony Bravia HX723 were being delivered to Naas on Last Monday priced at E350. Edit: Tesco have since said no trace of these and not on the system so not sure about what the CS rep told me :/ ?

I bought the Demo Sony Bravia 40" 3D HX753 TV priced at 250-10% as demo= E225 (No more coming into Naas but check other stores! ;) )

Epson Workforce-7015 A3 printer (wireless and wired lan). E16 down from E199

Samsung ML-2165W Wireless mono laser printer - E16 down from E119

Probably gone but my brother picked up a Orbit T9 145W RMS sound bar and dock for E40 down from E200.

He also got the Roth Subzero TV sound Bar for E50 was ~150ish i think?

Happy Bargain Hunting!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Has anyone ever picked up any of these bargains in limerick?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I picked up the Sony Blu Ray player for 40 in Coonagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

God Father wrote: »
    Look out for the following which I picked up in Nass Extra:

Customer Service (18507448444) advised me that a delivery of 46" 3D Sony Bravia HX723 were being delivered to Naas on Monday priced at E350

I bought the Demo Sony Bravia 40" 3D HX753 TV priced at 250-10% as demo= E225 (No more coming into Naas but check other stores! ;) )

Epson Workforce-7015 A3 printer (wireless and wired lan). E16 down from E199

Samsung ML-2165W Wireless mono laser printer - E16 down from E119

Probably gone but my brother picked up a Orbit T9 145W RMS sound bar and dock for E40 down from E200.

He also got the Roth Subzero TV sound Bar for E50 was ~150ish i think?

Happy Bargain Hunting!!

Hi, glad you got some bargains, can I ask when did you get the printers? And when did your brother get the sound bar? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I hope letters are being written to head office about these cases of staff holding the TVs for themselves.

Beadyeye wrote: »
    Hi, glad you got some bargains, can I ask when did you get the printers? And when did your brother get the sound bar? Thanks

The printers were in their usual place on the shelf and all had the full price displayed. Bought on the 27th in Naas. Was only one of each on the shelf. Didn't ask if there were any more in the back. Defo worth checking other stores.

Also for anyone who picks up the Epson I registered it on the Epson site for a free extended 3 year warranty.
    Only wrote: »
    God Father, I would seriously consider phoning Tesco direct and making a complaint. They shouldn't be let away with crap like that.
    I've found the couple of times I had to phone Tesco direct (not complaints dept mind) they've been very very helpful. I'm sure they'd want to know about carry on like that in one of their stores
    I hope letters are being written to head office about these cases of staff holding the TVs for themselves.

I agree. The contempt, hostility and blatant deceit shown towards me was incredible and totally unnecessary.

A terrible experience and one that would have put 99% of people off but once it became clear what they were at I was not going to be made a fool of.

I will be writing to head office about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

They had lots of those duracell batteries with the grey athlete on the front, in Balbriggan but they were all full price.

Only wrote: »
    God Father, I would seriously consider phoning Tesco direct and making a complaint. They shouldn't be let away with crap like that.
    I've found the couple of times I had to phone Tesco direct (not complaints dept mind) they've been very very helpful. I'm sure they'd want to know about carry on like that in one of their stores

Its not worth it- seriously, it isn't.
    I complained, and was told my complaint specifically related to the Store's nominated Compliance Manager- and if she wasn't agreeable to apologising to me, that I had no further complaint mechanism at my disposal.

The customer service agents (who seem to be based in Scotland) have pretty much said they are getting an abnormally large number of complaints from ROI customers- and it has been highlighted with senior management, however, thats the extent of it.

On the bright side- the customer service people in Scotland, do actually seem to keep their word and phone you back when they undertake to do so- unlike Naas and Maynooth staff.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    They had lots of those duracell batteries with the grey athlete on the front, in Balbriggan but they were all full price.

Lucan the same.
    Actually scanning at 11.89 :eek:
    I was quite surprised- seems ridiculously expensive- but I was told its accurate.
    Not sure what the story is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

Rashers72 wrote: »

Have to be the ones with the power checker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭alias no.9

God Father wrote: »
    Also for anyone who picks up the Epson I registered it on the Epson site for a free extended 3 year warranty.

Is that dependent on using Epson cartridges for 3 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭uli84

Just to say no AA batteries in Jervis Dublin, a couple of AAA was there

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Is that dependent on using Epson cartridges for 3 years?

This is the link to the form http://www.register.epson-europe.com/Warranty-Workforce/TermsAndConditions.aspx

and this is the terms and conditions http://www.register.epson-europe.com/Warranty-Workforce/TermsAndConditions.aspx

Which do not mention Epson only toner or ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

God Father, I would seriously consider phoning Tesco direct and making a complaint.

Waste of time.
    I did it before and they basically said you have to take it up with the store.
    Irish Stores v UK Stores guess which ones customers they would rather keep happy?
    Wonder how they will feel when they have loads of happy staff but very few happy customers left?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Seriously! Really thought Tescow would frown on behaviour like that and actually do something about it .... Sounds like I'm totally off the mark tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cbm22

Have any of these offers been in wexford or New Ross stores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If any of us were working somewhere where they were knocking 75% off TVs and other electricals, we would all jump at the chance of getting them before the customers. Seems like a good few posters here got lots of bargains anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Lucan the same.
    Actually scanning at 11.89 :eek:
    I was quite surprised- seems ridiculously expensive- but I was told its accurate.
    Not sure what the story is there.

There are 2 barcodes on these batteries and it is the barcode that ends in 16 that are reduced to €1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

moodrater wrote: »
    Duracell 1 hour charger with car adapter and 2AA + 2AAA €5 tesco wilton (cork) about 5 left.
    mBfhJelSXI9VdklxqkDtbWA.jpg

Cheers for this, just picked one up there. It's almost worth the fiver just for the batteries alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Got a Kingston 16gb mini sd card for 12 euro in Maynooth . Off the shelf SEL had a little star in the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Loads of duracell triple A 8 packs and rechargeable duracell AA 4 packs for €2 each in Crumlin - hand written prices. These are on the right hand aisle near customer services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement