Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

The "building up the portfolio" line always reminds me of this: http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p.html

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Could you PM me the details? Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

O2 in the Galway Shopping Centre, Headford Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Subway, Westside, has a sign up that they need people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I'm looking for weekend/summer work now that squareyes has closed, and I've a month maybe at my other p/t job left - has anyone seen anything?
    It's really hard to find summer work, or a job I can work around uni with when term starts again in Galway.
    I'd normally trawl my CV around and wander to see what's out there anywhere but I've important exams coming up and I really do need the time to study hard.
    Plenty experience in bar/nightclub, catering, admin, customer service as well as technical support and heavily computer-based jobs. I can turn my hand to about anything except waitressing, driving or anything that requires a knowledge of fashion/makeup :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Penneys Headford Road Shopping centre is hiring for the summer, apply online by the 17th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

carolmarx wrote: »
    Penneys Headford Road Shopping centre is hiring for the summer, apply online by the 17th of April.

Has anyone else found any problems in applying onilne?

An error occurs when trying to fill out the application form! Does anyone know if you can just drop it into the shops concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

skwinty wrote: »
    carolmarx wrote: »

Has anyone else found any problems in applying onilne?

An error occurs when trying to fill out the application form! Does anyone know if you can just drop it into the shops concerned?

Afaik you can't hand in Cvs to either Penneys, a mate went in with one last week. All must b done online I'm afraid, but she said its pretty straightforward. I'd say most of the big stores must recruit online anymore

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Cottage Bar in Lower Salthill is looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Pucan looking for bar/waiting staff.

• Advertisement

Eddie Rockets are looking for waiting staff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Eddie Rockets are looking for waiting staff!

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tuneil

The Eyre Square Hotel looking for a stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kingkenny2012

cottage bar arent looking for staff, i called them! Eyre sq hotel looking for a receptionist.

Anyone have any idea which pubs usually take on extra staff the summer? or if any are hiring now?
    Also if the likes of Boston or Medtronic take on people for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Does anyone know what skillset they would be looking for in Cisco? Jobs announced there this morning. Like, would it primarily be a Java development environment, or do they work with .Net stuff too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Mainly working with C++ actually. But OO is OO :) Be able to talk about unified communications, then either XMPP/SIP or virtualisation depending on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Petmania in Wellpark have a sign up for staff in their window.
    I've no clue what they're like to work for or wages etc. but any of the staff I've had dealings with up there were very nice so at least your co-workers would be sound!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

skeff looking for bar staff

house hotel looking for restaurant staff

magentas wrote: »
    Petmania in Wellpark have a sign up for staff in their window.
    I've no clue what they're like to work for or wages etc. but any of the staff I've had dealings with up there were very nice so at least your co-workers would be sound!;)
    Don't think I could stick the smell in there to be honest!

tiger_cub wrote: »
    skeff looking for bar staff

house hotel looking for restaurant staff
    Is the Skeff full time or part time do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Is the Skeff full time or part time do you know?

really not sure, just seen the sign out of the corner of my eye when rushing past yesterday. signs are on the window anyways if you are passing by, if not just give them a ring i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Took a stroll down Shop street - Quay street the other day and saw that the Front door had a sign up looking for floor staff
    Also saw that the spanish arch hotel were looking for people too as well as a few of the cafe's restaurants down that way
    Schuh are also looking for summer temps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

ciano1 wrote: »
    Took a stroll down Shop street - Quay street the other day and saw that the Front door had a sign up looking for floor staff
    Also saw that the spanish arch hotel were looking for people too as well as a few of the cafe's restaurants down that way
    Schuh are also looking for summer temps

That sign seems to be constantly in the window of the front door, that raises a few questions in itself!

Anyway, I pass quay st each day on the way to work and there are tons of staff wanted signs going up every day, best of luck to those looking!!

Neactains looking as well*.

*preferably good lookin wimmins. Too many feckin lads workin there at the moment :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

*preferably good lookin wimmins. Too many feckin lads workin there at the moment :-(

Haha... How did they phrase that in the ad? :p

Nah they didnt. Its just my own recommendation. They actually had a new girl last night but they as still looking for more staff. The restaurant upstairs are hireing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boxmanshomeboy

Sillico wrote: »
    I was wondering if there is any graphic designers on here looking for a bit of work? I cant afford to pay too much but if there is anyone who needs some work to build up their portfolio then let me know. Anyone interested I can email you the details... :)

hey could you email me? :) [email]<snip, use PM function>[/email]

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Does anybody know what Xtravision are like to work for.Thay are advertising on Fas website.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Couldn't spot it on FAS, were the jobs in Xtravision posted anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

It's on page 2 of Fas jobs site for Galway. Under Retail Store Manager Knocknancarra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement