Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Headlights not very bright

• 25-09-2020 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

partner has a Hyundai i30 and at night time when driving on main beams its very poor. When on high beams its fine but cant keep them on all the time as ill blind oncoming cars. WE have tried the night breakers which helped a bit but still poor. Had the light checked by mechanic when getting other work done and couldn't see anything wrong. Has anyone experienced low light output on a i30 or recommend any options/alternatives

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭mikeecho

The lights in the i30 are shyte.. look at getting a set of h7 leds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

mikeecho wrote: »
    The lights in the i30 are shyte.. look at getting a set of h7 leds

they really are bad, so bad my partner wont drive country roads at night. where would you recommend getting leds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Had a similar problem with a Passat a while back I put in extra bright lamps I think they are called Philips xtreme vision. Made a huge difference

Edit: my local garage had them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They are projector lamps and these imo should only house led or xenon ... The light output is poor at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭mikeecho

they really are bad, so bad my partner wont drive country roads at night. where would you recommend getting leds?

BMW f10s with halogen in a projector type lens are shocking.
    I put in some Philips h7 LEDs, and they're the dogs bolx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Had a similar problem with a Passat a while back I put in extra bright lamps I think they are called Philips xtreme vision. Made a huge difference

Edit: my local garage had them in stock.

Yes +1 for Philips Xtreme vision.

Powerbulbs gave them...
    https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu

Got a lift home with a neighbour last year not long after she got the i30 and couldn't believe how bad they were. She also went with the philips mentioned already and difference is night and day.

mikeecho wrote: »
    BMW f10s with halogen in a projector type lens are shocking.
    I put in some Philips h7 LEDs, and they're the dogs bolx

funny enough, just bought an f10 but hadnt chance to test the lights, will check them out

Yes +1 for Philips Xtreme vision.

Powerbulbs gave them...
    https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu

are they similar to osram nightbreakers?

M

are they similar to osram nightbreakers?

Yes both get similar good reviews. I've not used them but they were going to be my next choice after the Philips if they didn't work out.

• Advertisement

got nightbreakers in already but didnt improve much, i think led might be my next attempt

M

got nightbreakers in already but didnt improve much, i think led might be my next attempt

Yes is there any distortion on the light coverings themselves? Could be worth getting a restoration kit to clean them up if they look distorted...
    https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/car-cleaning-kits/autoglym-headlight-restoration-complete-kit-179824.html

Yes is there any distortion on the light coverings themselves? Could be worth getting a restoration kit to clean them up if they look distorted...
    https://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/car-cleaning-kits/autoglym-headlight-restoration-complete-kit-179824.html

will have to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Using the nightbreakers myself the past while and find them brilliant. Just double check what brightness you bought. There's 100's, 130's and 150's. I have the 150's myself and they are fantastic!

Advertisement