Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am not a positive person. 2021 is going to be worse

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Graces7 wrote: »
    ((((HUGS))))

We lost a young family member near the start of all this. In perfect health. It has altered our response to the virus.

I have autoimmune issues so was already in effect "cocooning"; I am nearer 80 than 75 so taking great care. Life is precious and fragile.

Take care.

This was a really thoughtful post I greatly appreciate, thank you. All the best to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

smurgen wrote: »
    The only good thing about 2020 is that it killed off the idea of new years resolutions.

Yeah, whatever hope (slim) I had of getting the ride is gone now !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

This is the song I listen to in dark times. I know things are bad. They could get worse. **** it. Do your best while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

we haven't hit rock bottom yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

valoren wrote: »
    And I'm 40 in November. The horror, the horror.

Ah stop it, you're still a young wan. Some of us won't see 40 again unless it's on the front of a bus !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

we haven't hit rock bottom yet

And we won’t, if you need an escape I’ll send the lads...

unusual-animal-friendships-cute-gifs-3__605.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Strumms wrote: »
    And we won’t, if you need an escape I’ll send the lads...

unusual-animal-friendships-cute-gifs-3__605.gif

Thank you. Its all i ask. :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I find the idea of being in any way worried that Donald Trump will win the election to be complexly ridiculous. When did you ever worry about Putin, or any leader of any other country to the extent your're concerned about Trump.

Do a total cold turkey on world news is my advice. We'll fill you in when you get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

lol property prices!

You will be able to buy a house for 12 grand in rathmines!

The public service pay cuts ..the immigration!

Immigration to where? How?

I think you mean emigration, yet still, How/why?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bite down on the capsule then pull the trigger, in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hugs Graces and Valentines. Sorry if my thread is a downer.

Ah it isn;t a downer at all. These things need to be faced, dealt with. then life thankfully goes on. We have grieved our loss and made sure we are all safe and protected. If I died of covid I would not want my family to go into mourning etc. Love me; say goodbye, live on!

Not checking the news does not work. We all KNOW covid is a disaster. Best keep up with events. pause for compassion then go on thankfully with our lives. Doing all we can to stay well.

The folk who worry me are the ones in denial. We have faith-family in India where bodies lie in the streets so we cannot ignore the wider disaster . We are very fortunate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

screamer wrote: »
    Your sense of positivity are relative to the challenges you face. For example, there are people out there facing far worse tragedy personally and don’t even have time to think of the trivialities mentioned in the OP.
    In spite of all of it, the world will keep turning, time will move on and it’s our own perception that leads to our levels of positivity or negativity. Be happy, what’s the point in worrying really.

Disagreeing with what I have bolded. Totally! Happiness just now is tinged with deep thankfulness for all we have.

Worry sometimes leads to action? No one can really be full on happy in this current situation without being callous. Being aware and caring is a way to be.

I have been deeply impressed as a cocooner at the amount of voluntary help that came in. Already had my groceries to the gate but now if I need anything eg a prescription all I need to do is make a quick phone call.

Maybe they still need volunteers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

And 2022 is going to be worse again.

#2020 ....we all want it over.

However 2021 is going to be worse.

Brexit will have happened.

However the North will react will happen.

We won't have a vaccine yet ..and if we do it won't be the best one.

Economically the state will run out of monies.

Business after business will close.

Trump will be president.

And all this will lead to war.

And i bet the weather will the ****e too!

AND THE PUBS WILL STILL BE CLOSED!

First comes denial ..then comes sadness ..then comes ..acceptance. Then more sadness and denial as i regress

So ...how worse will 2021 be?
    Trump being president has resulted in less wars. He has repeatedly refused to start wars(and pilloried by the democrats for this) and has brokered deals between Israel and some Arab states.. compared to every other Us president of the last 70 years, he is a saint

4Ad wrote: »
    Yeah, whatever hope (slim) I had of getting the ride is gone now !!

You are more likely to get the ride during times of strife. People not worried about consequences if the world is ending and the biological imperative to pass on one's genes kicks in. Pro-Tip... join a doomsday cult and enjoy all the ridin' but don't drink the KoolAid

Next year and the year after are the economic oblivion.

During the last crash, it wasn't until about year or 2 after recession when we started to feel the pinch and lack of opportunity.
    All the captains of industry knowing they are all fur coat and no knickers, quietly transferring company assets to themselves/wives/kids while telling everybody the landing will be soft, while securing massive loans for their insolvent businesses(and paying themselves hugely from said insolvent businesses).

You are more likely to get the ride during times of strife. People not worried about consequences if the world is ending and the biological imperative to pass on one's genes kicks in. Pro-Tip... join a doomsday cult and enjoy all the ridin' but don't drink the KoolAid

Where might one find one of these doomsday cults?..
    Are they on that meetup yoke?..

Where might one find one of these doomsday cults?..
    Are they on that meetup yoke?..

They are easy to find. The trick is finding one with a soon enough doomsday. Dont wanna spend 60 years practicing abstinence and self-mortification waiting for the desparation to kick in. A lot of the Born again churches act as if armageddon is nigh, very handy way to get people to give up their worldly goods to the pastor. And believe me the whole abstinence thing with them is just an image. The reality would make a medieval pope blush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Every day all the years lots of people all over the world suddenly find themselves getting the living shyte kicked out of them by life - told they have terminal illness, in an accident that leaves them messed up, lover leaves them, child gets badly sick, sex trafficked, going to work with Da mining rare earth minerals like a beast, and on and on, in the multiply torturous ways that a human can suffer. It is petulant to think we are having such a bad time right now. You're here, ain't ya? In reasonably good health, ain't ya? The mountains and sea still beckon and you can do an incredible amount of stuff others would donate a kidney to be able to do. You're free and strong. Pock on, as I used to say to my kids!

First comes denial ..then comes sadness ..then comes ..acceptance. Then more sadness and denial as i regress

I tend not to reply to your posts or threads I have noticed. But I was watching this video just this morning and it made me think of your thread for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Why do people care about Donald Trump and Brexit?

It's not like dementia Joe is going to change our lives one way or the other nor will Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Why do people care about Donald Trump and Brexit?

It's not like dementia Joe is going to change our lives one way or the other nor will Brexit.

Cop on!

Biden is a saint who will release all the minority people from jail that dark lord Trump put there just because they are minorities.

And everyone knows the Brits only began to buy Irish-made goods in 1973 because Brussels abolished customs.

Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Next year and the year after are the economic oblivion.

During the last crash, it wasn't until about year or 2 after recession when we started to feel the pinch and lack of opportunity.

Late 2009 was when the **** hit the fan. Sxary times indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Graces7 wrote: »

The folk who worry me are the ones in denial. We have faith-family in India where bodies lie in the streets so we cannot ignore the wider disaster . We are very fortunate here.

The problem isn’t with watching news reports, the problem is putting those news reports into context. Same here with your comment, context is important, people have been dying and left in the streets of India for many many years now due to preventable diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

topper75 wrote: »
    Cop on!

Biden is a saint who will release all the minority people from jail that dark lord Trump put there just because they are minorities.

And everyone knows the Brits only began to buy Irish-made goods in 1973 because Brussels abolished customs.

Or something.

Advertisement