Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fast growing evergreen climber/ivy etc

• 22-09-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation for something to plant behind an ugly elec cabinet, it will be planted in the ground, to climb and cover it,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

sassyj wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation for something to plant behind an ugly elec cabinet, it will be planted in the ground, to climb and cover it,

Variegated ivy provides good coverage and is 'evergreen". I have some disguising an IBC tank and it does the job well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I also have stuff called Cissus Striata, evergreen, fast growing, easy to trim and doesn't spread everywhere like ivy eventually. I spent the summer pulling out ivy from between and behind every hedge I have, would never plant it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Thanks both!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ivy i find is a curse maybe because its wild and covered in bugs that leave you scratching your hands at night time and slug hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

I planted a passiflora caerulea about 2 months ago. It is leaping out of the ground now. Growing a few cms every few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement