Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Erick Morillo has been found dead in Miami Beach

• 01-09-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭

https://mixmag.net/read/erick-died-age-49-news?

The reasons for his death have not yet been confirmed.

In a statement sent to Mixmag, Miami Beach Police Department said they are investigating the death and that no foul play was observed at the scene: "We received a 911 call this morning at 10:42 a.m to 5660 La Gorce Drive in Miami Beach. Detectives responded to the scene and did not observe any apparent signs of foul play. The cause of death will be determined by the Miami Dade Medical Examiner’s Office."

Morillo's death comes just under a month after he was arrested and charged with sexual battery on a woman.

The New York-born DJ initially denied the accusation against him but handed himself in after a rape kit tested positive for his DNA.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Very mixed feelings about this. Was shocked and saddened to hear the initial news and then I read about the rape accusations and test. Terrible for all involved. I wonder how the victim is taking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Heard about the rape test a few weeks ago. Hard to know what happened, the acquisition alone could tip a lot of people over the edge even if innocent.
    I believe all sex crimes nobody should be named until it's all over with and proven either way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow in shock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Just saw this posted:

Erick Morillo’s death has been ruled as accidental in a preliminary report by the Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department.

Mixmag has obtained a copy of the report, which says Morillo died of "acute ketamine toxicity". It also lists intoxication from MDMA and cocaine as contributory causes to his death

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Killed by the sesh.... probably a fitting way to go out for a Superstar DJ.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I got this off the web. If anyone needs a transcript let me know I will try to post it.

If you are having a mad one take it phucking easy, you don't need to be half as nasty as you think you want to, even though you do. Just enjoy yourself and be careful. Especially dipping or mixing etc.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/dj-erick-morillo-died-of-ketamine-overdose-according-to-autopsy-report-11712029

Advertisement