Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRP or GNIB renewal

• 01-09-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Has anyone renewed their IRP or GNIB card recently?

Any idea how long its taking to get the new card through the online renewal system
    and is there any way to contact the office about the status of an application

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,900 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

hello2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone renewed their IRP or GNIB card recently?

Any idea how long its taking to get the new card through the online renewal system
    and is there any way to contact the office about the status of an application

I did so about a month ago. Phoned the office within a day of its reopening, left a message, received a call back the following evening, appointment the next evening. All went well. Card was at the office roughly 10 business days later, I picked it up the following day. So, I think it's more or less working on the old schedule. I've never used the online system, can't help you there.

They had a big stack of cards to be picked up the day I claimed mine, so I'd say they're moving efficiently. I think I benefited a lot from getting on it as early as I could and working directly with an office within a reasonable drive (not my regular local one, but they hadn't reopened when I contacted the more remote one I ended up using.)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭hello2020

Igotadose wrote: »
    I did so about a month ago. Phoned the office within a day of its reopening, left a message, received a call back the following evening, appointment the next evening. All went well. Card was at the office roughly 10 business days later, I picked it up the following day. So, I think it's more or less working on the old schedule. I've never used the online system, can't help you there.

They had a big stack of cards to be picked up the day I claimed mine, so I'd say they're moving efficiently. I think I benefited a lot from getting on it as early as I could and working directly with an office within a reasonable drive (not my regular local one, but they hadn't reopened when I contacted the more remote one I ended up using.)

Thank you so much for a quick reply. Do you know the phone no of the office as I am waiting for weeks to get an update on my renewal application submitted through the online system.

Thank you so much for a quick reply. Do you know the phone no of the office as I am waiting for weeks to get an update on my renewal application submitted through the online system.

Look it up on the immigration site. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/registration-help

Look it up on the immigration site. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/registration-help

Thanks again for the link. I looked up this link earlier and there is no phone no so thought of asking you.

only one email id (burghquayregoffice@justice.ie) is given. I sent an email but got an automatic response saying they wont respond to questions about applications submitted through ISD (online renewal system) :(

as my employer is asking for renewed card,i m trying to find some update about this.

Thanks again for the link. I looked up this link earlier and there is no phone no so thought of asking you.

only one email id (burghquayregoffice@justice.ie) is given. I sent an email but got an automatic response saying they wont respond to questions about applications submitted through ISD (online renewal system) :(

as my employer is asking for renewed card,i m trying to find some update about this.

Find a local office and call them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sonrisa

I think Igotadose is outside of Dublin and renewed at a local garda station. You can't do that if you live in Dublin. It's unlikely you are going to be able to contact Burgh Quay. Ring the Immigrant Council helpline tomorrow, and they should be able to give you an idea of how long it is taking.

Had your card actually expired or were you covered by the extensions? If you were covered by the extensions your employer doesn't need to be worried.

Sonrisa wrote: »
    I think Igotadose is outside of Dublin and renewed at a local garda station. You can't do that if you live in Dublin. It's unlikely you are going to be able to contact Burgh Quay. Ring the Immigrant Council helpline tomorrow, and they should be able to give you an idea of how long it is taking.

Had your card actually expired or were you covered by the extensions? If you were covered by the extensions your employer doesn't need to be worried.

thank Sonrisa for this info.. yes there is no contact information for Dublin.
    the FAQs on INIS website say it could take 10-15 days to receive new card and I am waiting for 3+ weeks now..
    so far, my card validity is covered by the automatic extensions..
    i had an appointment booked in April few weeks before the card expiry but Covid closures mean it could not be renewed in time..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dub2020

Any updates for this, I am waiting for mine as well, already 5+ weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reiv2310

dub2020 wrote: »
    Any updates for this, I am waiting for mine as well, already 5+ weeks :(

Me and my wife's IRP card waiting as well for 5 weeks.

no updates yet... waiting for 6 weeks already :(

• Advertisement

I found this site to be very helpful: https://www.immigrationboards.com/ireland/ . You need to create an account and join. Then, you might want to ask on this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/ireland/new-irp-card-online-renewal-not-working-july-2020-t303613.html

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dub2020

That's useful, thank you!

I found this site to be very helpful: . You need to create an account and join. Then, you might want to ask on this thread:

Best of luck

Thank you for this!

Any news about IRP renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

They are working on July 27th applications at the min in burq quay.

They are working on July 27th applications at the min in burq quay.

thanks for the update. have u received any email notification about this?

thanks for the update. have u received any email notification about this?

Yes I only got a reply today from them.

Yes I only got a reply today from them.

Email attached

Email attached

thanks..that appears to be an update from 7th Sep confirming processing of applications received on 28th July.
    hopefully they would have moved to Aug applications by now!

Finally got the email confirming processing has been completed and will shortly receive the new card by post - (approximately 5-10 working days). sent my docs on 27-Jul.

• Advertisement

Finally got the email confirming processing has been completed and will shortly receive the new card by post - (approximately 5-10 working days). sent my docs on 27-Jul.

Thanks for the update.
    Did you get the email today ?

Thanks for the update.
    Did you get the email today ?

no, i got the email on Friday.

Re: Your application for Irish Residency Permit Card Renewal (Dublin Region), Acknowledgement Number XXXXXXXXXX, Application Date 24/07/2020.

The processing of your application has been completed and you will shortly receive your new Irish Residency Permit Card by post - (approximately 5-10 working days).

Separately, your passport will be returned to you by Registered Post. Your Registered Post Tracking Number for this is: XXXXXXXXX.

Please allow 2-3 working days for delivery of your passport by An Post.
    Regards,
    David Harvey

Registration Office
    Registration Office
    Immigration Service Delivery
    An Roinn Dlí agus Cirt agus Comhionannais
    Department of Justice and Equality
    Seachadadh Seirbhísí Inimirce, 13-14 Cé an Bhúrcaigh, Baile Átha Cliath 2, D02 XK70
    Immigration Service Delivery, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, DO2 XK70

Received an email from INIS.

Reiv2310 wrote: »
    Re: Your application for Irish Residency Permit Card Renewal (Dublin Region), Acknowledgement Number XXXXXXXXXX, Application Date 24/07/2020.

The processing of your application has been completed and you will shortly receive your new Irish Residency Permit Card by post - (approximately 5-10 working days).

Separately, your passport will be returned to you by Registered Post. Your Registered Post Tracking Number for this is: XXXXXXXXX.

Please allow 2-3 working days for delivery of your passport by An Post.
    Regards,
    David Harvey

Registration Office
    Registration Office
    Immigration Service Delivery
    An Roinn Dlí agus Cirt agus Comhionannais
    Department of Justice and Equality
    Seachadadh Seirbhísí Inimirce, 13-14 Cé an Bhúrcaigh, Baile Átha Cliath 2, D02 XK70
    Immigration Service Delivery, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, DO2 XK70

Received an email from INIS.[/quote

Good too see.
    Hopefully I get a reply soon but I am
    Late august

Text of the new (5th!) extension to permissions below:
    This notice applies to Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 20th September 2020 and 20th January 2021 and supplements all previous extension notices. This is the fifth, and expected to be the final, extension of permissions implemented since the outset of the pandemic and the longest granted.

In light of the uncertainties caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19, the following notice applies to all persons with a current valid permission due to expire from 20th September 2020 to 20th January 2021, whether pursuant to domestic law or powers of the Minister, or Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive).

All such permissions that are due to expire from 20th September 2020 - 20th January 2021 are automatically renewed by the Minister to the 20th January 2021. The renewal of permission is on the same basis as the existing permission and the same conditions attach. In relation to persons with existing permission under Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive), the automatic renewal is subject to the requirement that the person is complying with the requirements of the Directive.

Any permission that was renewed by the previous notices which therefore has a new expiry date between 20th September 2020 and 20th January 2021 is automatically renewed by this notice until 20th January 2021.

received my IRP card today. :)

Reiv2310 wrote: »
    received my IRP card today. :)

how long was that from start to finish??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 suwandee

Hi everyone.

I submitted my application on the 1st of August and sent all neccessary documents the same day, not a single word from them ever since.
    Should I be worried?(I am)
    The only contact they gave is an email address that when you write an email to says: not answering visa renewal related questions.
    It was my original passport in that letter, if they lose it i would have to go to the London embassy for a new passport. I am from sout-east Asia and there is no embassy in Ireland. But in order to go to the UK I need my passport..... So i don't really know what to do here or who to contact... Any help please?

suwandee wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I submitted my application on the 1st of August and sent all neccessary documents the same day, not a single word from them ever since.
    Should I be worried?(I am)
    The only contact they gave is an email address that when you write an email to says: not answering visa renewal related questions.
    It was my original passport in that letter, if they lose it i would have to go to the London embassy for a new passport. I am from sout-east Asia and there is no embassy in Ireland. But in order to go to the UK I need my passport..... So i don't really know what to do here or who to contact... Any help please?

Send them an email with the reference number of your application.im guessing you sent your docs by tracked post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 irishnian

Hi guys, quick question since I'm about to renew, I see the message "You must provide your IRP card expiry date, as it is printed on your current IRP card. Your expiry date should be no more than one month from today's date.", my card expires on December 4th, does that mean I can't apply before November 4th?

Advertisement