Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breitling avenger 43mm auto

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

scwazrh wrote: »
    In the same way of the price is not the price until paid these offers are not believable until the watch is in your hand .
    I tried to buy at the advertised 3200 Sterling during lockdown from heptinstalls and Ernest Jones , neither could fulfill the order so the online sale was pointless

Probably limited stock and an immature stock management system that kept taking orders.

These type of flash sales damage brand and lowers the price bar and customers expectation. Much better to try keep the price high and sweeten the deal with extra straps, free first service, extended warranty etc. There was one UK retailer who I think was offering an extra 5 years warranty on Rolex I think. This might have been non transferable but a great selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Ernest Jones and Hepinstalls sales were both noted and marked hot on HUKD and that kind of demand has even flummoxed Amazon's order and stock handling capabilities.

From reading the HUKD threads on those sales, plenty did get hold of watches and whilst the experience with cancelled orders was terrible for some.

That type of discounting lowers the floor and makes selling at a higher price to anything other than a motivated buyer quite a bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I think Rolex controlled availability and pricing increase has had a major knock on effect on watch prices across all price points .Since Rolex increased prices and relaunched Tudor to take the old Rolex price point there has been a steady price increase across Omega , Breitling , IWC , Seiko and Oris .

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

redlead wrote: »
    I guess ultimately I look on watches as an indulgent expense rather than an asset.

I wish I could do the same!

I like a champagne lifestyle but unfortunately I'm on a beer income. With three growing up children, which does not help :D

My hobbies must be cost neutral, there's no budget to indulge. I can only justify buying an expensive watch if I am fairly confident I will likely at some point be able to sell it for more than I paid for it. Or worst case scenario, at a minimal loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

unkel wrote: »
    I can only justify buying an expensive watch if I am fairly confident I will likely at some point be able to sell it for more than I paid for it. Or worst case scenario, at a minimal loss.

You're firmly settled into fitzgemes Rolex stage now so haha. I'm just lagging a step behind is all it is :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah, stage 4 here :o

If you had told me a few years ago that I would not only own a Rolex, but already moved onto my second one and really fancied a third one, I would have laughed in your face!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep defo Stage 4.

5456272971_0911a874ec.jpg

Any more and it's out with the razor or your instagram pics will be ruined.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

So finally got my Watch - Breitling Avenger 43mm black dial . Very happy with it, wears smaller than I Expected

https://i.imgur.com/JSnfk9F.jpg

Advertisement