Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

• 27-07-2020 12:27pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

No spitting, biting, gouging or uncivility allowed

First thread here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I prefer the old title "Trump coronation ceremony"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ELM327 wrote: »
    I prefer the old title "Trump coronation ceremony"

I'm sure you did, however a coronation pertains to a monarchy which definitely isn't the form of government in the US, despite what trump tries to make it out as

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Beasty wrote: »

First thread here

you just suck all the fun out of posting :D

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure you did, however a coronation pertains to a monarchy which definitely isn't the form of government in the US, despite what trump tries to make it out as

Interesting point to note, it could have been. There was a movement to make Washington king instead of president.

Anyway, I'm sure Trump can issue an EO!

Interesting point to note, it could have been. There was a movement to make Washington king instead of president.

Anyway, I'm sure Trump can issue an EO!

Explain the processes he'd need to employ then

• Advertisement

Explain the processes he'd need to employ then
    It was clearly a joke.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It was clearly a joke.

Which, his Presidency or the Executive Order??

:-)

It was clearly a joke.

Oh right, like sarcasm right?

First thread here

What about fish hooking?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Which, his Presidency or the Executive Order??

:-)
    Bahahahaha god you're so funny.
    Have you ever considered running as Biden's VP? I mean, in the interest of racial equality, the best person for the job won't get it unless they are black and female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What about fish hooking?

that may be covered under incivility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. Tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

One thing for sure is that Bidens VP pick will be female. Probably black.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So very very very bored of the Trump saga. His tenure has brought out the worst in so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

If you don't like the new thread title, you ain't black !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I had to make it clear in the thread title that this is the second thread - I suspect "II" may have confused many, and caused the search function to overload as posters tried to find another 9.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had to make it clear in the thread title that this is the second thread - I suspect "II" may have confused many, and caused the search function to overload as posters tried to find another 9.....

that is a terrible slur on the educations received by boards users. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

By late October, we probably will be up to thread no.11, with discussion on the Presidential debates going over Trump yelling at his Secret Service agents to shoot the moderator while Biden yelled about a guy in Idaho who had a dog and there was a chicken too and wait what was the question again?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    If you don't like the new thread title, you ain't black !
    I'm gonna beat Joe Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Can you tell me the oranges of that quote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bahahahaha god you're so funny.
    Have you ever considered running as Biden's VP? I mean, in the interest of racial equality, the best person for the job won't get it unless they are black and female.

To be fair, Trump went in promising to "drain the swamp", and has only succeeded in draining the place of his own (generally elderly) while male allies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,528 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I thought I had a perfectly good proposal with Mr Joe goes to Washington 2: Eccentric Biden Boogaloo ;)

I’m going to be Joe Biden is phonetically identical to I’m going to beat Joe Biden. Of all the things to nitpick this is among the weakest non-gaffes to obsess over.

Can you tell me the oranges of that quote?
    Covfefe & hamberders my friend
    Overheal wrote: »
    I’m going to be Joe Biden is phonetically identical to I’m going to beat Joe Biden. Of all the things to nitpick this is among the weakest non-gaffes to obsess over.

T.

Covfefe & hamberders my friend

T.

Be-Jo
    BeaT-Jo

Again, phonetically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So 99 days until election day and Trump is losing badly in a lot of polls and amongst a lot of demographics including senior citizens who are most likely to vote. He is getting hammered by suburban mothers who he was trying to reach out to in tweets over the weekend.

Unemployment over 10% means he would be the first President in history to get returned with such high unemployment numbers. Polls now showing that Biden is more trusted on the economy than Trump so he is losing his main advantage and selling point. One poll has said that only 17% of voters think he has done a good job on Covid which means even his own base have realised he has messed up royally here. Ironically had he handled it properly he would be cruising to re-election right now.

It's not looking good for him. He now needs a mammoth turn around in fortunes to win the White House

With tens of millions still unemployed, furloughed or displaced, Republicans are proposing a new $1T spending bill that will reduce the unemployment relief from $600 to just $200 per week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/07/27/senate-stimulus-coronavirus/

For those keeping tabs this will be $7.5T of debt added since Trump took office less than 4 years ago, compare against the $9T added during Obama’s 8 year tenure that saw much consternation, hyperventilation and pearl clutching from the right wing.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So 99 days until election day and Trump is losing badly in a lot of polls and amongst a lot of demographics including senior citizens who are most likely to vote. He is getting hammered by suburban mothers who he was trying to reach out to in tweets over the weekend.

Unemployment over 10% means he would be the first President in history to get returned with such high unemployment numbers. Polls now showing that Biden is more trusted on the economy than Trump so he is losing his main advantage and selling point. One poll has said that only 17% of voters think he has done a good job on Covid which means even his own base have realised he has messed up royally here. Ironically had he handled it properly he would be cruising to re-election right now.

It's not looking good for him. He now needs a mammoth turn around in fortunes to win the White House
    Oh no, not the polls!
    Fake News.

Oh no, not the polls!
    Fake News.

Riveting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hence the film title Madness of King George, the director feared Milwaukee and Madison would take it as a sequel to two flops no-one had heard of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement