Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions sought regarding SSG10 vs TM VSR10 in context of Irish market

• 19-06-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking at both guns for possible purchase. Opinions are sought regarding SSG10 vs TM VSR10 in context of Irish market.

I have tried the TM VSR10 in Hobby Airsoft and its just so easy to manipulate and use, I am wondering what the differences are in terms of 'feel' when charging the SSG10 and firing... given that we are stuck with 1 joule limit here in ireland is there really any significant difference in performance at the ranges that 1 joule can reach in Ireland?

My gut feeling is for the price I would rather the pre-upgraded SSG10 A1 with its 25 year parts warranty than the TM-VSR10.

Any ideas or comments? Anyone got the SSG10 yet that can comment?

On a side note, I am also leaning towards getting the SSX23 pistol as a possible cheaper stealth alternative since it also is very effective at the ranges we operate at here in Ireland... at least from my observations so far.

Any comments on that are welcome too...

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Personally I'd get the tm (I have a g spec) I only changed the hop rubber to a fire fly super soft and hop arm to a metal one and it has no issues chucking a. 3 a fair distance. It even held its own against a noveritch all singing dancing rifle which was shooting at just shy of 1.3J........

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tomdotcom

Thanks for your feedback Thermo, I did in the end go for the TM VSR G-Spec after trying practically every sniper rifle in Hobby Airsoft and agree, its just so easy to use and such a pleasure to shoot... in the end I got the G-Spec and for side arm opted for Novritch's SSX-23 with two suppressors just to have that extra sniper feel lol (actually it was an error on the order but what the hell no one will miss my SSX-23 Pinnochio variant :-)
    IMG-20200629-WA0000.jpg?dl=0

Advertisement