Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookies reopening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Think bookies jumped the gun , didn't want to miss out on Ascot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Hearing Boyles staying open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

I dearly love the above comment to be true rog but Sharon Byrne from the Irish bookmakers association has confirmed to the racing post this evening that any licensed bookie that opens tomorrow are in her and the governments word that "they will be breaking the law".

Most disappointed but a bit of me isn't surprised when you have Heather Humphreys at the wheel as Business minister. Absolute waster she is IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

You'd wonder how Barone were able to open for a full week before today and nothing was said .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Not opening now apparently..

• Advertisement

Up to this evening Boyles were opening in morning
    As of this evening it now seems the workers are to come to work, but doors will be closed
    Lads what a clusterf*ck this is
    Back to online it is so

Absolute joke so it is

I'd be kinda surprised if Bar One are open in the morning too. Load of sh*te

If boyles don't open Bar One won't Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Boyles are not opening tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

Here in Clare we only have had one covid19 case in 13 days. The risk is over for the moment. No second wave yet.

Compare that to England. All bookies are allowed to open from yesterday even considering the basket case job that BoJo and his right wing Tories with their covid 19 response.

It's a sham and a whitewash from the govt if they claim that they did no wrong in this mess. Complete miscommunication between the relevant department and the IBA.

The other big question is whether it was the case that the IBA did jump the gun on the early reopening of Irish bookies.

So many unanswered questions. What we do know is this further delay of the reopening with present more financial headaches for already beleaguered independent bookmakers in particular.

• Advertisement

'Britain At The Bookies' on virgin two now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,062 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

If I win the €1million max payout on my Premier league football bet, that I lodged cash in the shop on Monday to my online account from where I placed the bet, so when I win can they say the shop was illegally open meaning cash lodgement and subsequent bet is void?? I guess not but who know what happens when you get this big win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

If I win the €1million max payout on my Premier league football bet, that I lodged cash in the shop on Monday to my online account from where I placed the bet, so when I win can they say the shop was illegally open meaning cash lodgement and subsequent bet is void?? I guess not but who know what happens when you get this big win!!
    You'll be grand when it comes up. You can give me a few grand for putting your mind at ease. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

this country really is a joke, pushing people to online gambling and for what ?
    There was more social distancing in boyles yesterday than any other shop i've been in recently.
    Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Are boylesports opened today ?

Are boylesports opened today ?

no closed thanks to the curtain twitchers

no closed thanks to the curtain twitchers

Thanks,
    Any idea if they will be opened before Weekend ?
    Father’s Day voucher required

• Registered Users Posts: 5,062 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Are any illegal bookmakers open for business between now and 29th??

Thanks,
    Any idea if they will be opened before Weekend ?
    Father’s Day voucher required

i doubt it but honestly i don't know, you could try to buy a voucher online

i doubt it but honestly i don't know, you could try to buy a voucher online

Thanks, il look into that.

• Advertisement

Bar one kiosk open in my area!
    Heroes

Bar one opening tomorrow for deposits and withdrawals

Heroes

Are they taking bets Roger

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Are they taking bets Roger

I can't sware to it Andy but it sure looks like it!

Bar One in Limerick City open to public!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Heroes
    Likewise in my area.

Apparently there were Bar One shops open all over the country today

BarOne mustn't be buying into the bs... Let them be the inspiration for others so we can all get back to enjoying our hobby.... I don't want an online a/c :)
    No BarOne near me, so I'll have to wait a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Bar Ones head office is in Crossmaglen , South Armagh which isn't cover by any jurisdiction so they do their own thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Bar One in Athlone closed at 2ish when I drove past, was open over earlier in the week.

Advertisement