Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lovely skirt. I have some skirts like that myself although I did not buy mine in Zara. I still think the best position for a zip on a skirt do is at the back. That's where I prefer zips on my skirts but I do have a few with side zips mostly on the left but also have one with the zip on the right which I do not like as I find it harder to zip up that side. I also have one skirt which I am currently wearing and it has a zip on the front and two buttons above that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

AMKC wrote: »
    Lovely skirt. I have some skirts like that myself although I did not buy mine in Zara. I still think the best position for a zip on a skirt do is at the back. That's where I prefer zips on my skirts but I do have a few with side zips mostly on the left but also have one with the zip on the right which I do not like as I find it harder to zip up that side. I also have one skirt which I am currently wearing and it has a zip on the front and two buttons above that.

I completely agree in regards to zip placement being on the rear- it just looks so much better. To the zip can be alright but I think a frontal zip just takes away from the look of a skirt. I find a skirt with buttons or a zip to the rear just hangs better and is generally more flattering.

14033417_DustyCedar_003_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=685

https://www.vila.com/rw/en/vl/shop-by-category/skirts/faux-leather-mini-skirt-5713783493888.html

Picked that up on Saturday. I'll try to limit the purchases now until next month.

New coat, I'll have it years :)
    FCUK, not a brand I'd have thought I'd pick up a nice, plain coat in.
    The boots I'm wearing were featured in this topic a few years back :)

504892.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got these Nike trainers in Lifestyel sports today. Love the colour of them

22193340xlarge.jpg

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I got these Nike trainers in Lifestyel sports today. Love the colour of them.......

There's some lovely ladies Nike colours about, those trainers are gorgeous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Augeo wrote: »
    There's some lovely ladies Nike colours about, those trainers are gorgeous.

They are very comfortable too! I won’t be running in them but they handy for ‘running’ about! Not too expensive either in comparison to others, €60 but I had a voucher to out towards them so that was good!

Obviously shopping has been on the back burner for the last few weeks. I wasn't even in the mood for it up to now, but I decided to treat myself tonight and get a couple of things, mainly for the summer!

Zara dress reduced to €7.99
    https://www.zara.com/ie/en/gathered-dress-p04424307.html?v1=35358017&v2=1445860
    4424307802_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1581689931957

Zara t-shirt
    0264337025_1_1_1.jpg?ts=1583927841818

I got this in New Look
    https://www.newlook.com/row/womens/clothing/hoodies-sweatshirts/petite-grey-flower-sketch-heart-sweatshirt/p/654787904?rrid=267404042&e_id_0a8a08ace2742325e3ee7b539b3fb2b3&e_id_m=88e893d04ebe06b40ecb406e021497eb&extcam=WO_EML_TRA_HYBRIS_V2_Transactional_Home_OrderConfirmation_LIVE
    petite-grey-flower-sketch-heart-sweatshirt.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I bought these just recently as well as another black pair of lace heels that I have yet to wear.

I got these at a great price, they are very comfortable to wear and don't even feel that high but then I am used to wearing even higher heels. I am keeping these for special occasions and have only wore them in the house so far,

https://www.iclothing.com/antonia-stripe-bowl-platform-sandals-in-cream

https://cdn.iclothing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/a/sandals-creme-mono-single.jpg

They are still on sale on the site.

Also got myself a nice handbag as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

All this Corona stuff is making me complete slob. When I'm not wearing leggings I seem to live in the two boiler suits I have (elasticated waist might have something to do with it). This jumpsuit is proper dress up stuff in comparison to neon pink leggings I bought. Not my sanest moment but when the hordes of walkers disappear post Corona only deer will see my pink arse running in the woods.

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/women/trousers/product.floral-jumpsuit-green.0804288001.html

And no I 'm not putting up the leggings.

meeeeh wrote: »
    All this Corona stuff is making me complete slob. ..........

My gf hates me wearing tracksuit pants but I'm getting away with it every evening now, am still going to work so shirts/chinos etc are still being worn.

I'm very much looking forward to a wander around the shops whenever that's going to be acceptable/permitted again.

The grey sweatshirt from above arrived today (as well as Zara!). I don't think I noticed I ordered from the petite range. It fits, but a little more snug than I would like a sweatshirt to fit. I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle of returning it. I'm wearing it, so can't really send back if I've taken the tag off. I should have left it on with tag to see how it felt. Too quick to rip it off!

The zara dress isn't bad. Its a nice length, but the middle area has a strange gathered effect, kind of makes me look pregnant. Its not bad though. It will be nice with trainers for summertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Been on a bit of an online spree the last few weeks:

Camper:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Feg0b3w.c2.acecdn.net%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fthumbnail%2F9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%2Fc%2Fa%2Fcamper_peu_rambla_vulcan_18869-062_green_9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

New Balance:
    ml574spo_nb_07_i?$pdpflexf12x$

Converse:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.static-nike.com%2Fa%2Fimages%2Ft_default%2Fyuwitvfpiny4eetdz8tg%2Fchuck-taylor-all-star-seasonal-color-high-top-unisex-shoe-Ts93kk.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Parra:
    by-parra-nope-t-shirt-white-1_480x560_crop_center.progressive.jpg?v=1582810309

Converse:
    CO422S04I-E11@13.1.jpg

DC:
    1041283.jpg?&w=550&h=550&fit=fill&fill=solid&dpr=2

Suitsupply:
    VPO6bm6.jpg

P5545_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Wow thats quite a haul @eviltimeban!

I've been buying a few bits online myself, most notably;

https://www.mytheresa.com/euro_en/kenzo-tiger-logo-cotton-sweatshirt-1382952.html?catref=category

It hasnt arrived yet but DPD is delivering something this afternoon so fingers crossed!

I also got these during a recent Nike promotion;

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/flex-essential-tr-leather-training-shoe-c59WZf

They're grand, I don't love them but they were only €25 so I may keep them.

I also ordered a dress (H&M) and two tops (Zara) that are all going back due to being ill fitting. I definitely miss being able to go into town to try things on because I've a larger chest and certain things just won't fit me irrespective of size if they're just not cut for a larger chest.

That Kenzo sweatshirt is lovely.

I see I'm not the only one buying yellow in spring. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Great hauls :) Love the suits eviltimeban, particularly the navy (although the model might make it more attractive :pac: )

These are a few things I've bought in the last while (before the lockdown came into full force).

BAGATELLE.NYC Leather Biker Jacket
    16680820_3

Uniqlo Puff Sleeve Crew This is the pink variation, but I bought the orange/mustard colour
    goods_418683_sub7.jpg?width=380

Esprit Floral Dress
    91-Ant1xKvL._AC_SY741._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg

Esprit Bottle Green Wool Coat
    099EE1G059_385_20?$SPV_MAINSLIDER_DETAILS_FALLBACK$

Under armour tights (for lockdown exercise! That I bought from amazon for the budget price of 15 pound at the time, but they've now gone back up to 45 pound)
    192007049783_1.jpg

meeeeh wrote: »
    That Kenzo sweatshirt is lovely.

I see I'm not the only one buying yellow in spring. :D

I love yellow in spring!

One of the zara tops I'm sending back had some yellow and I'm a bit disappointed that it didnt fit well, because I think it would have been very wearable and fit well into my wardrobe.

https://www.zara.com/ie/en/voluminous-printed-shirt-p01971033.html?v1=42100270&v2=1445672

Great hauls :) Love the suits eviltimeban, particularly the navy (although the model might make it more attractive :pac: )

These are a few things I've bought in the last while (before the lockdown came into full force).

Wow those under armour leggings look like great value! I've some from them that are a few years old and are still in great nick. They hold up much better than Nike IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Indeed, saying that those suits fit so well that they would make any man look good!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Fit is everything! Back in my retail days I convinced many a man to try jeans in a smaller waist and shorter leg (not as tall as you think you are love!) and they were always shocked at how good they looked! Man, it's because they FIT now! And your belt is a decoration, not to hold yer jocks up.

@SmallTeapot, love that Uniqlo top, perfect for spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

SmallTeapot that leather jacket is fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got a few bits from I Saw It First and I was very happy.

IA00343373a_1024x1024.jpg?v=1578079477
    SS19-2400048291-MSH-1022020-IS1_400x.progressive.jpg?v=1582798766
    IA00408649-1-011420-Is2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1580769945
    SS19-1300052594-PNK-11391-042619-IS2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1572690959
    SS19-3300048532-BCK-1_400x.progressive.jpg?v=1585762357

I'd been thinking the pink mesh dress might have worked well at a festival I was going to over cycling shorts but I'm sure I'll find something to wear it to anyway!

I also got two bodysuits and black denim shorts but they were going nowhere near me. Just about got them onto my body never mind closing them!

I ordered a couple of things from H&M. I wanted some cargo pants, but they are out of my size in loads of styles. I wish I got the ones I saw in Penney's before they closed!! Hope the tops I ordered are ok size wise. its been ages since I bought clothes from H&M, so can't remember how their sizing was.

Tshirt reduced to €12.99
    main]

fullscreen]
    This black sweatshirt with motif reduced to €10

That beret would be brilliant to cover the grey hair. :D

The hat industry will see a spike in sales :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    I got these Nike trainers in Lifestyel sports today. Love the colour of them

Sorry I know your post is a few weeks old but how do you find these runners for comfort and wearing? (obvs theyre comfy if you bought them lol but I really like the look of these) do they feel chunky enough or are they light to wear?

• Advertisement

Sorry I know your post is a few weeks old but how do you find these runners for comfort and wearing? (obvs theyre comfy if you bought them lol but I really like the look of these) do they feel chunky enough or are they light to wear?

I love them, they are extremely comfortable! I've mostly worn them casually around the house (and food shopping), but I have done some workouts in them too and find them good. They say they are for running, but I definitely won't be doing any of that! lol I don't find them chunky, but not too lightweight either.

Advertisement