Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

After signing 4 players in January and only being allowed to add three replacements to my champions league squad, not only is the player I left out raging but the press are calling me an idiot for not registering him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Any tips for a FM2020 newcomer who played Championship Manager back in the day but had to quit for the good of his mental health and objects in his general vicinity after runs of ridiculous results / the kiss of death that was the vote of confidence?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Any tips for a FM2020 newcomer who played Championship Manager back in the day but had to quit for the good of his mental health and objects in his general vicinity after runs of ridiculous results / the kiss of death that was the vote of confidence?

I'm sure others can go into more detail but assign tasks to your assistant manager and other staff. Training, match prep etc. If you like that amount of detail fine but if you're just looking to buy players, pick a formation and play matches then give others that responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

In 2024 of my current game as Waterford FC manager and with help of the editor and putting lots of money into the club we are a force to be reckoned with. 3 league titles, 6 cups, 2x Europa league group stages and 1 last 32 game and currently in the Champions league group stages (getting destroyed tho)

Mick is still Ireland manager and I'm waiting for him to leave and I'll try for the job

Managed Barcelona for a year, in the following summer the Chairman elections are coming up.

The Chairman Bartomeu promises to sign Salah AND Mané if re-elected!

Ha, I said, this guy is as bad as a politician!

Sure enough a week later the guy gets reelected and instantly bids £159m for Salah and £133m for Mané!!!

WTF they both joined!!!!!! and yet the clubs bank balance is completely unchanged!

Where did that money come from? Very dodgy, expecting to get Financial Fair Play investigation soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone know where I could download FM 2011 or 2012? Originally started at time with RB Leipzig in 2011 with added leagues but can't get my version to work - still have saved game files though. Could work from the 4th tier in 2012 version either.

League of Ireland clubs have odd stadiums if u go far in Europe

Waterford FC play from third round qualifiers in Turners Cross and if u get to the group stage its Thomond Park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

PTH2009 wrote: »
    League of Ireland clubs have odd stadiums if u go far in Europe

Waterford FC play from third round qualifiers in Turners Cross and if u get to the group stage its Thomond Park

do they play friendlys in ozier park ?

Nowso wrote: »
    do they play friendlys in ozier park ?

Unknown stadium

Theres a few Waterford club sides in the game too along with a good few non league Irish sides

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Some bad reviews for the touch version on google play.

Anyone here got it? Is it very buggy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could download FM 2011 or 2012? Originally started at time with RB Leipzig in 2011 with added leagues but can't get my version to work - still have saved game files though. Could work from the 4th tier in 2012 version either.

Both should be on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Sidford wrote: »
    Both should be on Steam

Not on stream. Think they want you to buy the new one! Thanks for reply got sorted after a good week of tinkering!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hate how when a player is transfer listed there is no negotiating with the club whatsoever

If he's listed for 15.75m, it's either that or nothing

Or when a player is transfer listed by request and they want double his value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Anyone doing any South American saves?

On one with Boca Juniors at the moment but it’s very hard finding players after the first season. No matter how hard I try the scouts aren’t picking local players just plenty of Brazilians (yes I’ve adjust search’s etc) I just can’t have more than 6 foreigners in the club!

The scare Argentinians that my scouts do recommend are all wanted by European clubs so rules me out straight away. Turning an enjoyable save into a miserable one at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

On a different laptop for a couple weeks, didnt have my saves on the cloud so dont want to go with another 20 save since hopefully my old one will be fixed soon

Gonna have a quick look at the games from 12-15 or so and see which looks the most appealing for a game that might only last 2/3 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

3 Right backs injured in my St Pauli save. Arghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

So a strange takeover happened in my Man United save; a consortium headed up by Ed Woodward just bought the club at Christmas. Apparently Woodward wants to replace me with Ernesto Valverde cos of his business links in Spain :confused: I'm now not allowed to sign any players (thankfully I rejected a £150m offer from Barcelona for Sandro Tonali just days before this) and Sky Sports are running a poll on whether the fans believe I should be sacked. First poll 47% said yes, second poll 53%.

I won the club's first league title since Fergie just 6 months ago, currently in 3rd & only 4 points off the top, only lost 2 league games so far this season. Topped my Champions League group with a 6-0 win over Bayern Munich. Even in the time between those polls all that happened was I beat Wolves 6-1 in the league & 3-1 in the Cup. Plus I'm listed as favoured personnel for the club :pac:

The media have said a bad result will see me get sacked each game since the takeover. And to make things even funnier, Valverde was hired as Spurs manager on New Year's Eve. If they actually sack me I'm going to be furious :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone any idea where is the best/cheapest place to pick up this game? It's 54.99 on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

It's 35e on CD Keys

• Advertisement

Starting a season in charge of LA Galaxy in the MLS

Very confusing with all the draft bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Just Posted a League of Ireland Restructure to Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073848823&searchtext=

Winter League,
    7 levels,
    14 Divisions
    332 Clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Starting a season in charge of LA Galaxy in the MLS

Very confusing with all the draft bollocks

If you wouldn't mind, let me know how you get on. Thinking of having a blast in the US league for a change

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

If you wouldn't mind, let me know how you get on. Thinking of having a blast in the US league for a change

It's ok but need your wits about you

The salary cap and draft is confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Got Crewe Alexandra promoted from League two -> Premier League in 7 seasons. Found it easy to get to the champ but found it difficult(ish) to get to the PL.
    I also got Ireland u19s into a Euro final against England! Lost 1-0 :(

Are there any tips for the game to move along faster???

Mine is terribly slow sometimes

turn down the graphics quality used

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

If you're talking about processing time outside of games you can Remove leagues via the preferences tab under "Add/Remove leagues". Less amount of teams loaded the faster it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Enjoying playing the game but having an issue with players disappearing, signed a new player, went to register him and he was no where to be seen, same with the squad numbers, did auto selection with both, he was given a squad number but he hasn't appeared in the first team squad page yet

Was reading online that some others are having problems as well with players disappearing

• Advertisement

Enjoying playing the game but having an issue with players disappearing, signed a new player, went to register him and he was no where to be seen, same with the squad numbers, did auto selection with both, he was given a squad number but he hasn't appeared in the first team squad page yet

Was reading online that some others are having problems as well with players disappearing

the signing may not go through until the start of next season - it happens with younger players or else a loan back clause means hes at his old club on loan check transfers in and loans

Advertisement