Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2020

• 28-08-2019 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

FM20 has been announced.

No word on new features or exact release date yet but it has been confirmed as a launch title on Google Stadia.

Sounds like an interesting platform if it works as intended but it doesn't seem like you will be able to customise the game with logopacks etc and you can't play offline.

I might stick with Steam for now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Reese Thundering Spacesuit

The biggest drawback is Google Stadia for me is the inability to use tools like Genie Scout. I'm an adult now and don't have time to be scouting for regens all day 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love an overhaul on international management

Seems very dull and boring nowadays on it

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2020-new-features.html

Interesting new features for 20. Club vision is a lot more detailed. I like the development centre bit for youth prospects. Contracts look more difficult though if you have to plan playing time every season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Beta is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just want you want to hear when you're supposed to be working on a half dozen college assignments :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Available on CD Keys right now inc. BETA for 34 quid

A bargain considering the hours it gives you

Available on CD Keys right now inc. BETA for 34 quid

A bargain considering the hours it gives you

I havent pulled the trigger myself so dont know what the exchange comes out at, but this should be a couple euro cheaper, saw it on reddit

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld54186-football-manager-2020-pc-download-eu-p175389/

I havent pulled the trigger myself so dont know what the exchange comes out at, but this should be a couple euro cheaper, saw it on reddit

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld54186-football-manager-2020-pc-download-eu-p175389/

I've used CD Keys for years and are reliable so stuck with them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Went from 1300 hours on FM16 to 5 hours on FM19..

I'll always buy it regardless but hoping this year can pull me back in abit. Excited some what!

Yakult wrote: »
    Went from 1300 hours on FM16 to 5 hours on FM19..

I'll always buy it regardless but hoping this year can pull me back in abit. Excited some what!

2700 hours on FM18 to 61 hours on FM19 :(

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My 1st recommendation is Mandragora. Italian midfielder he can be got for just under 20 million.

Dictates the midfield for me

Unearthly wrote: »
    My 1st recommendation is Mandragora. Italian midfielder he can be got for just under 20 million.

Dictates the midfield for me

You might be shopping at M&S but us Leeds managers shop at Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

You might be shopping at M&S but us Leeds managers shop at Aldi

Aldi ??? you must have loads of money

Us Salford managers have to scavenge through the dump for our players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I threw it on for a few hours last night with Leicester, spend all that time identifying targets and negotiating deals only for 3 out of the 4 players to come back and say they have no interest and won't discuss contracts.

Went for this, it worked out just over 31 euro. Key was instant and was playing the beta within 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My screen is supposed to be full screen but it's not really. The top and left are not aligned to my full screen. Anyone have similar issues?

Edit. Read on SI forums it's a known issue for laptop. Workaround is to change to windowed mode then change back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Games broken

Spurs want €152 mil for Troy Parrot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

GPU for the beta is unreal around 85% and getting a 1 star computer performance. I'm only running Premier Division to League 2.

This is what I'm running in FM19 and getting a 4 star computer performance f0a780c901ac011b32fd96f1d9891456.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭LeBash

Love the game but avoid it like the plague. It's a time vampire and I dont have much of that these days. Got a tablet version last year and deleted it a few days ago because I couldn't put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

GPU for the beta is unreal around 85% and getting a 1 star computer performance. I'm only running Premier Division to League 2.

This is what I'm running in FM19 and getting a 4 star computer performance f0a780c901ac011b32fd96f1d9891456.png

Could be a bug that does seem strange , what CPU GPU are you running it on?

• Advertisement

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Could be a bug that does seem strange , what CPU GPU are you running it on?

Lenovo Ideapad 330S

6ccd623cff82ad0b1620c753c6a175ab.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lenovo Ideapad 330S

6ccd623cff82ad0b1620c753c6a175ab.png

Well maybe correct for an i3 but depending on the GPU installed , I think it’s a bit off though in the rating mine is rated at 3 stars for FM 19 on an i7 9750 with a GTX 2060 GPU which isn’t right either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

This is the first game in years where my teams don't continually lose despite dominating a match sending my blood pressure through the roof and pulling out my hair...so ya I like this years version!!

The worst bit about FM is the downloading of the facepacks and logopacks. Extracting the files is the worst part, taking ages

Game is ready and waiting for me, but it's all bland and faceless and logoless atm

The worst bit about FM is the downloading of the facepacks and logopacks. Extracting the files is the worst part, taking ages

Game is ready and waiting for me, but it's all bland and faceless and logoless atm

I haven't been bothered to do logo/face packs since 14. But I said this year I'll go do it again. Got them downloaded and went to extract but it gave me an estimate of like 48 hours for just the face pack alone. Will skip this year :P

Logo and facepacks may be a thing of the past

065f63975e1a9860ddb83c56795cf247.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

ive an i5 9300 with nvidia 1050 - had been running 19 on it - done a standard install and had a league 1 and 2 team for a few hourzs to gove it a go and the beta is running a lot faster than 19 did

Yakult wrote: »
    I haven't been bothered to do logo/face packs since 14. But I said this year I'll go do it again. Got them downloaded and went to extract but it gave me an estimate of like 48 hours for just the face pack alone. Will skip this year :P

I played hundreds of hours from 10-17 until I finally tried it when I had access to decent internet late in 17 and I don't know how you could go back after trying it

Annoyingly, the Man United badge is missing from the pack I downloaded

As a whole, facepacks/logos aren't going anywhere, you'll always be able to find a link to a torrent with instructions on reddit or elsewhere

I always assumed FM never bothered buying them because they know anyone who cares about them will find their ways to use them

The lack of faces and logos is why I put ~10 hours into the Switch version, once the novelty of FM on a tv wore off it got too annoying, and it's why I'm not going to give the Stadia version a go even if playing FM on a 50 inch 4k tv sounds amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I'm not sure whether the game is too easy or Liverpool are too good because I am absolutely walking the league. It's definitely not because of me because I usually rely on getting a tactic that works online.

Might start with a different team when the full game launches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Nokotan wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether the game is too easy or Liverpool are too good because I am absolutely walking the league. It's definitely not because of me because I usually rely on getting a tactic that works online.

Might start with a different team when the full game launches.

I hate to say it but I think it might be too easy also. I went from the vanarama to championship playoffs in 6 seasons with a team that's tipped for relegation at the start of every season. I'm delighted to actually be winning in one of these games for a change but going on 25 match unbeaten runs just isn't realistic with the team I have.

Advertisement