Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭boccy23

The number of home runs continues to climb and climb. The Twins lead the majors now in HR and are on a pace for over 200. The record was the Yankees last year at 266.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

boccy23 wrote: »
    The number of home runs continues to climb and climb. The Twins lead the majors now in HR and are on a pace for over 200. The record was the Yankees last year at 266.

And at the other end of the scale, Baltimore have already given up 72...!!!

No DH in the NL until after 2021 at least (not looking to start another pro/anti DH discussion).

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2019/05/manfred-dont-expect-dh-in-nl-until-after-2021.html/

Braves mascot is now very rich

https://twitter.com/Padres/status/1123728530683113473

EDIT - Apparently today, Macahdo stole the checque back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Woah Syndergaard pitched a complete game shutout and hit the only run in the game.

• Advertisement

Woah Syndergaard pitched a complete game shutout and hit the only run in the game.

Great to see him pitch like that after getting destroyed the past few outings.

As the Mets only got 4 hits as well, the game only took 2:10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Great to see him pitch like that after getting destroyed the past few outings.

As the Mets only got 4 hits as well, the game only took 2:10.

Great outing from him. Let's hope it marks an upswing in his performances. He's been very patchy since the start of the season.

The Mets have acquired RHP Wilmer Font from the Rays. Upon hearing the news my response was who? After reading a bit about him my response is who?

ShyMets wrote: »
    The Mets have acquired RHP Wilmer Font from the Rays. Upon hearing the news my response was who? After reading a bit about him my response is who?

Much better than Dallas Keuchel and Kimbrel obviously.

• Advertisement

Much better than Dallas Keuchel and Kimbrel obviously.

I see the Mets are due to start him tonight. That should be fun

I see the Mets are due to start him tonight. That should be fun

If the Rays, who have one of the best records in baseball despite having one of the lowest payrolls so are obviously great at spotting talent, gave him up for a bag of balls, I don't hold up much hope.

And here's why games are taking forever

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1127173047717367808

Your 2019 Baltimore Orioles......

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1129201819455037448

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Meanwhile in NPB. . .. Played first 4 innings in driving rain. Mudbath ensued.. Players been helping staff clear mudbath for the last hour.. Game being played in a neutral venue as a showcase, so the show must go on!

F5KIPM.jpg

Close to rock bottom for the Mets. Getting 1 hit by the Marlins yesterday. And the hit came on the very first pitch of the game. If they lose again today and get swept, that has to be the end for Callaway.

And definitely advantage Seattle in the Cano/Diaz trade.

Close to rock bottom for the Mets. Getting 1 hit by the Marlins yesterday. And the hit came on the very first pitch of the game. If they lose again today and get swept, that has to be the end for Callaway.

And definitely advantage Seattle in the Cano/Diaz trade.

Would be amazed if he's still the manager this time next week.

Would be amazed if he's still the manager this time next week.

Getting shut out again today through 6 with only 1 hit (and the Marlins starting pitcher has only thrown 52 pitches).

Edit - now 62 pitches though 7. That's under 3 pitches per out. Pathetic effort by the Mets hitters.

Close to rock bottom for the Mets.

And I think we're now at rock bottom.

Coming into the series, the Marlins were the WORST team on baseball and the Mets couldn't score a run in the last 19 innings against them and they only had 3 hits in final 2 games.

On the plus side, the games was over in under 2 hours!

And I think we're now at rock bottom.

Coming into the series, the Marlins were the WORST team on baseball and the Mets couldn't score a run in the last 19 innings against them and they only had 3 hits in final 2 games.

On the plus side, the games was over in under 2 hours!

Utterly depressing series. I honestly don't see where the team goes from here.

• Advertisement

Utterly depressing series. I honestly don't see where the team goes from here.

Ah The Mets. Yoenis Cespedas while on rehab, has fractured his ankles in an accident on his ranch. You can't make this up.

EDIT - He stepped in a f*&king hole for God's sake

He stepped in a f*&king hole for God's sake

And as someone on Twitter said, "it was probably the hole that the Mets dug for themselves this weekend".

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,900 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And as someone on Twitter said, "it was probably the hole that the Mets dug for themselves this weekend".

Brilliant.

Luck balance for 1969 and 1986 game 6. I'd hoped he'd come back this year. Be lucky if it's next year.

Stepped in a hole on his ranch. At least he didn't fall off a horse. Must've been some hole.

But, hey, they won yesterday. Mets/Nats/Marlins scuffling for 4/5/6 this year. Photo finish maybe.

Mets have added some great players in their system if it was 2009. Carlos Gomez (33) and Raji Davis (38) in the outfield and has beens Ervin Santana (36) and Matt Kemp (34) signed today to minor league deals.

Hey, Aaron Altherr was kind of o.k. once, too.

Hopefully one of the Mariners fans on here can answer me this. When Diaz was compiling all those saves last year, were they ever 1-2-3 innings. He's 11/12 or something in save opportunities for the Mets so far but in nearly every game, there seems to be runners on first and third with one out. He never makes it easy for himself anyway. Was he like that last year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hopefully one of the Mariners fans on here can answer me this. When Diaz was compiling all those saves last year, were they ever 1-2-3 innings. He's 11/12 or something in save opportunities for the Mets so far but in nearly every game, there seems to be runners on first and third with one out. He never makes it easy for himself anyway. Was he like that last year too?

Looks like based on the sample size, he's down a bit this year. He is always liable to give up hard contact particularly because he tends to throw strikes quite a bit. I notice things like K/9 is down a bit, HR/9 is up a bit, he has already given up 3 HR so far this year against only 5 HR all off last year. I don't actually remember if many of his saves were 1-2-3 last year.

Mets/Y*****s minor league affiliates get into it after a home run/hbp: https://twitter.com/RailRidersTT/status/1132812033928433665

Apparently Tebow played 'mediator.' I doubt anyone wanted to get into a brawl with him, he's pretty big.

It's only the end of May, and there are some seriously sizeable divisional leads already

AL East - 2 Games
    AL Central - 10 Games
    AL West - 6.5 Games
    NL East - 1.5 Games
    NL Central - 1.5 Games
    NL West - 7 Games

• Advertisement

The Twins being so far ahead is a surprise alright but the rest you would probably have expected

Advertisement