Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,475 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two games look too good to be true for me tonight. I've decided to do the double on Miami -17.5 and the Rams -7.
    I have the Rams as 12.5 point favourites and Miami at 24.5 point favs too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Taking Oklahoma -21.5/Tennessee + 30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

On a jets page it said vegas had them 3 point favourotes, now Denver are -1, this down to Johnson's injury?
    Also expected GB to be favourites but 1 point underdogs.

Jags +3 looks a decent bet otherwise rest of spread looks even enough on first glance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have Atlanta +3 and Rams -7. I think they are solid bets.

I also have 49ers -3.5 doubled with Carolina -6 but that won't be for everyone!

I also have a treble of Baltimore, LA Rams, Houston which is around 2/1.

Overall I think people are overrating the Steelers who have done nothing this season. The Rams are a lot better than Seattle (particularly without Earl Thomas).

I also think the Browns are being overrated a little, they haven't done anything yet really and Baltimore are a good team. Dallas have been pretty bad too and I think Houston will turn them over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hey fellas just stumbled across the thread how much activity do we have here? Currently only sitting on one preseason request a bet of the patriots saints and eagles over 9.5 wins dolphins redskins and ravens over 6.5 wins @14/1 obviously worried about the eagles at this stage. Didn't have a great day yesterday mainly due to Carolina not covering and the Philly game going under. Generally try and catch value early in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

adrian522 wrote: »
    I have Atlanta +3 and Rams -7. I think they are solid bets.

I also have 49ers -3.5 doubled with Carolina -6 but that won't be for everyone!

I also have a treble of Baltimore, LA Rams, Houston which is around 2/1.

Overall I think people are overrating the Steelers who have done nothing this season. The Rams are a lot better than Seattle (particularly without Earl Thomas).

I also think the Browns are being overrated a little, they haven't done anything yet really and Baltimore are a good team. Dallas have been pretty bad too and I think Houston will turn them over today.

This did not age well... much like all of my bets too :/ Tough weekend of sledding indeed!

Over 57.5 in Tampa Atlanta game next week @20/23 that line be moving up all week

gerryfed wrote: »
    This did not age well... much like all of my bets too :/ Tough weekend of sledding indeed!

Tell me about it. At least I had some success with college ball on Saturday to ease the pain slightly.

Coming to the realisation that the Browns are good and the Falcons are bad! I'm still not content that the Steelers are good though.

Also taking an early double on the bears -3 @ Miami. Miami don't have any home field advantage . I'm keen to get on this is miamis offensive line is a mess they can't protect qb Ryan tannehill coming up against the best pass rush in the nfl at the moment. Khalil mack is proving his worth for being the highest paid defensive player in the nfl and coming off a weeks rest I can see them stiffling Miamis offence. I expect the line to move past 3 so want to catch this early.

Patriots-3 against Kansas city. Kansas in a bit of a false position for me their d has given up 27+ points in 4 of 5 games this year against average offences the patriots are finding their rythym and I expect a good plan to stop kansas offence coming off extra rest. I feel this is a good spot for the pats and the public money will push the line past 3 closer to game time

Tell me about it. At least I had some success with college ball on Saturday to ease the pain slightly.

Coming to the realisation that the Browns are good and the Falcons are bad! I'm still not content that the Steelers are good though.

I feel like Atlanta are nearly writing this year off they have so many injuries defensively they can't stop anything they do have the talent on offence but they are always under so much pressure.
    Agree with the steelers too they just aren't nearly as good as they were the bell saga is hanging over them like a bad smell and I have never rated tomlin as a coach there should be chances to take them on for the next few weeks anyway not sure how highly I rate cincy yet either tho to be keen on -2.5 next week

• Advertisement

Taken a chance on wentz anytime td tonight @8s the giants give up the most rush yards to the qb in the league and he started running a bit more last week obviously getting more comfortable after his injury. The Philly o line hasn't been great and lane Johnson missing will hurt even more. I feel their is plenty of value in the 8s

I feel another blowout coming in Wembley I just can't take Oakland seriously for me they wrote their season off before it started trading mack away Seattle showed they are figuring their problems out last week against the rams. Add in Oakland only arriving on Friday and having all the media obligations while Seattle got here wednesday and don't have to worry about any of that I'm getting the vibes Oakland don't want to be here. Took Seattle-14.5 @7/2 double with the vikes -10.5 really tough spot here for Rosen I can see dalvin cook having a field day their home loss to the bills should guard against complacency in this game also don't like west teams travelling east for an early game.

Also singles on
    Seattle-19.5 @5/1
    Minnesota-23.5 @ 7/2

Seattle -3 for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

I feel another blowout coming in Wembley I just can't take Oakland seriously for me they wrote their season off before it started trading mack away Seattle showed they are figuring their problems out last week against the rams. Add in Oakland only arriving on Friday and having all the media obligations while Seattle got here wednesday and don't have to worry about any of that I'm getting the vibes Oakland don't want to be here. Took Seattle-14.5 @7/2 double with the vikes -10.5 really tough spot here for Rosen I can see dalvin cook having a field day their home loss to the bills should guard against complacency in this game also don't like west teams travelling east for an early game.

Also singles on
    Seattle-19.5 @5/1
    Minnesota-23.5 @ 7/2

looking like a great shout hope you did a double!

Also singles on
    Seattle-19.5 @5/1
    Minnesota-23.5 @ 7/2

Well that's a bit sickening Minnesota blowing the cover by half a point for the double. Single on Seattle comes in but it's a little bittersweet

Over 57.5 in Tampa Atlanta game next week @20/23 that line be moving up all week

Line didn't move during the week but the over hits anyway

Also taking an early double on the bears -3 @ Miami. Miami don't have any home field advantage . I'm keen to get on this is miamis offensive line is a mess they can't protect qb Ryan tannehill coming up against the best pass rush in the nfl at the moment. Khalil mack is proving his worth for being the highest paid defensive player in the nfl and coming off a weeks rest I can see them stiffling Miamis offence. I expect the line to move past 3 so want to catch this early.

Patriots-3 against Kansas city. Kansas in a bit of a false position for me their d has given up 27+ points in 4 of 5 games this year against average offences the patriots are finding their rythym and I expect a good plan to stop kansas offence coming off extra rest. I feel this is a good spot for the pats and the public money will push the line past 3 closer to game time

Bears manage to find a way to lose they really should have covered quite easily. Spread had gone to 6.5 pre game. Going back in on the patriots the line has moved to 4 but I feel this is a great spot for the pats

Early leans for next week 50 points looks on the high side for saints @ ravens. Could be another Wembley blowout I just don't see where the titans get enough scores to stay with the the chargers. Suprised the patriots have opened at -2.5 and not 3 at Chicago.

One bet so far jags -4 at home against Texans. I think the jags have had 2 really bad spots the last 2 weeks granted they haven't looked good at all but the Texans 3-3 record is so false 3 wins down to pretty bonehead decisions the luck runs out this week I feel

Early leans for next week 50 points looks on the high side for saints @ ravens. Could be another Wembley blowout I just don't see where the titans get enough scores to stay with the the chargers. Suprised the patriots have opened at -2.5 and not 3 at Chicago.

One bet so far jags -4 at home against Texans. I think the jags have had 2 really bad spots the last 2 weeks granted they haven't looked good at all but the Texans 3-3 record is so false 3 wins down to pretty bonehead decisions the luck runs out this week I feel

Jags really are a shadow of what they were I'm still not rating the Texans tho.

Looking ahead I think I'll be avoiding the London game the jags have been here 5 times winning their last 3 they know exactly what to expect as opposed to philly making their first trip over going by that id favour the jags but I won't be giving them any of my money in the foreseeable future

Been burned by the Jags 2 weeks in a row now. I'm done with them. They've joined the Browns in my "don't bet" list.

Yesterday I had...

Chargers/Jags to win straight up
    Pats -1.0 (Once I heard Mack was carrying an injury I went in on that.
    Eagles/Vikings/Redskins to cover - Eagles blowing a 17 point lead meant that never really got going.

I did an in play late on on Saints +3.5/Washington straight up. Saints were 3 points down at that point, and I didn't see how they would lose by 4 or more.
    Won that courtesy of 2 missed kicks :)

So about a break even day yesterday.

• Advertisement

Been burned by the Jags 2 weeks in a row now. I'm done with them. They've joined the Browns in my "don't bet" list.

Yesterday I had...

Chargers/Jags to win straight up
    Pats -1.0 (Once I heard Mack was carrying an injury I went in on that.
    Eagles/Vikings/Redskins to cover - Eagles blowing a 17 point lead meant that never really got going.

I did an in play late on on Saints +3.5/Washington straight up. Saints were 3 points down at that point, and I didn't see how they would lose by 4 or more.
    Won that courtesy of 2 missed kicks :)

So about a break even day yesterday.

I finished ahead too due to
    Over in Miami
    Over in the jets
    Under in the Colts (due to 2 missed extra points by mr automatic) phew

First early lean of the week is the Colts @ 20/21 straight up. I'm happy to take on the raiders for the rest of the year will be monitoring the trades

Also like the 9ers going to Arizona. Wary of betting on games with 2 bad teams but Arizona are definitely worse and don't deserve to be favs against anyone but maybe buffalo. They had the look of a team that's written off their season on Thursday night

I wouldn't bet on the 49ers right now.

They are -12 in tunrovers the last 3 games. They might win, they might lose, I don't think there is any logic to it though.

First early lean of the week is the Colts @ 20/21 straight up. I'm happy to take on the raiders for the rest of the year will be monitoring the trades

Fack didn't expect cooper to go today Colts gone to -3 already

I wouldn't bet on the 49ers right now.

They are -12 in tunrovers the last 3 games. They might win, they might lose, I don't think there is any logic to it though.

Was more of an observation wary of pulling the trigger on it not comfortable backing shaky qbs anymore bortles taught me that

Had a busy weekend so the Colts was the only bet I done. Happy enough though looking back it has the look of a weekend that there was money to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 37,475 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Had a busy weekend so the Colts was the only bet I done. Happy enough though looking back it has the look of a weekend that there was money to be made
    Certainly was and even better in running. I got the Panthers -9.5 early enough when they were 14 points up and clearly well on top. Got the Seahawks -6.5 early too when it was clear they were dominating.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Certainly was and even better in running. I got the Panthers -9.5 early enough when they were 14 points up and clearly well on top. Got the Seahawks -6.5 early too when it was clear they were dominating.

An early look this week draws me to the chargers going to Seattle. Seattle have appeared to have turned a corner but it's all based on running the ball well against poor run defences I feel like the chargers corners can get on top allowing them to stack the box and stop the run and Seattle won't be able to score enough to stay with them. I've always been wary of backing the chargers as their game management has been notoriously bad but I feel they are being a bit underestimated this year with their only losses coming against kc and the rams. Coming off a bye week can only help too suprised to see them as big as 21/20 straight up so I'll be taking a piece of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Haven't got a chance to study the games before hand yet this season and no winners yet :( Been let down by 0.5 and 1 point in back to back accas. Usually dabble in the over/under yardage but not one yet this year. Should have time Saturday night to go through all matches and see what's available and hopefully a few quid extra in the pocket come end of play.

Advertisement