Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 IRC Postgraduate Funding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dagroovetroll

Honestly I don't know. I'm confident we'll hear before good Friday but other than that I'm not sure. I don't think they'd do it Monday but that's just an intuition.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

They update their Twitter fairly regularly so I've been keeping an eye on that but they haven't mentioned anything about postgrad funding results as of yet. You'd think it would have to be before this Friday if they're on track with the end of March timeline so here's hoping...if not then with the Bank Holiday it'll be an extra long weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 RainbowUnicorn

Yeah I've been watching it too. I was really hopeful as round 1 results were a Monday but now im not convinced

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dco_1987

Website changed- submitted application part gone

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eire32contae

where's it gone?! ahhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 BlowInYank

Ahhhhhhh!!! Let's hold hands!!! :eek:

Oh god.. maybe this is it. Releasing them so late though?

Now I'm nervous ...

Good luck to everyone all the same. Hopefully it's a good result!

I'm literally having palpitations. Good luck to everyone and thanks to all who's advice I've been following. X

• Advertisement

Maybe they've got our hopes up for nothing ... still no e-mail

They may go until 5.30pm in work. Release then deal with all queries by Thursday and make that deadline for acceptance..totally guessing though. They could be doing it in morning..?! :/

As far as i know, postdocs havent got their round 1 results yet so maybe thats what it is :(

I have a feeling it'll be tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 murph86m

Oh god! no! I'm sick here... can't wait another day! At the same time no news still leaves hope- maybe I'm better off not knowing!

I got an e-mail from the IRC there, but it was just a reply to my e-mail asking what date the results would be released

I got an e-mail from the IRC there, but it was just a reply to my e-mail asking what date the results would be released

Did they say when they would be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BlowInYank

Well what did they say? :)

Unfortunately they just said "The timeline for this call is detailed on our website at http://research.ie/funding/goipg/?f=postgraduate" (end of March)

I don't think my nerves would handle an email from them at this moment in time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jollystorm

oh god..... Anyhow, it should be close to one hour that the system is down now. So that was about the time it was down for in previous year.
    I guess it should be up soon and either it's news for us or maybe like someone said first round for postdoc call... Alternatively, we are speculating for nothing, and the system being down means nothing.

An hour?! So basically I've wasted an hour of my life checking e-mails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

An hour?! So basically I've wasted an hour of my life checking e-mails

LOL

Same here but I’m invigilating an exam for three students right now so there’s literally nothing else for me to do but mess around on my phone.

Last year it was 2 hours from the time it went down to the time the results were posted.. Might be another hour to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jollystorm

Last year it was 2 hours from the time it went down to the time the results were posted.. Might be another hour to go.

Ok, I think now should be about 2hours, still no email and the system is down, too. I'm giving up for today. Also it's past business hours

So a new day of suspense... many nightmares were had last night ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wizzer64

Its absolute torture

So a new day of suspense... many nightmares were had last night ��

Good luck to all. Last night I dreamed that we collected the results in a room like you check your exam papers/Leaving Cert scenario. You had to turn the page over and see how much red pen there was on the application and then calculate your points to see if you got the funding. I wish I was joking!

Can't wait to just know :)

Results are up, unfortunately I was unsuccessful, but best luck to all and thank you for the support over the last few weeks! :)

• Advertisement

Results are up

Advertisement