Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I kinda liked Elysium actually.

Not brilliant but not the worst thing Ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought it was tripe.

Watching Scarface now. I just couldnt go to bed on a bad note.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Working on clearing my sky planner. 8% cleared by watching Avatar in HD. Last saw it in 3d in cinema. Decent movie though it's distracting when the obvious 3d bits come on. Now on to Luther series 3

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ITS ALIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Gutted the site was down today - I'd nothing to help alleviate the fear of returning to work :(

Thought Elysium was grand - nothing special but not the tripe some people told me it was before I saw it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The Glenroooooooes, they're epic :(

Hermione* wrote: »
    The Glenroooooooes, they're epic :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The Horror:(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Back in work. Boourns.

Kill meeee....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aye, turns out this Monday morning lark is just as bad in 2014, if not worse.

So much for all the Happy New Year wishes! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This is a bit of a shock to the system alright.

Feckers only going back to work now - i was back on the 30th!

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Chest infection for the past few days & internet being down at work this morning weren't ideal when returning to work I will admit, can't wait for lunch absolutely pining for a sammich! :)

Got myself one of these bad boys over Christmas and finally tried it out last night after letting it air - slept like a king!

Evening all. Monday down, phew!

How goes it. Tis fair windy outside where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

awec wrote: »
    Hardly slept a wink last night - had a severe dose of the fear! :pac:
    Me, too.

First day back wasn't too bad, despite the fear. Flew until 3.30, at which point time seemed to stop for a long rest before it finally crawled round to 6pm.

Pretty windy here, too, Coleman!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Aye, sleep was a little elusive last night. Pretty much caught up with work once I got into the office, though. 2014 is fine so far.

Bought a pair of jeans today in Arnotts.
    Going straight back tomorrow to change them.

Note to self, always try on jeans before you buy them you numpty!

Picked up a couple of pairs myself in Best Menswear on Saturday. I find it terribly difficult to get jeans im comfortable in due to the fact I have very muscular legs so even a lot of boot cut ones are pretty tight, stupid legs.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

D'Agger wrote: »
    Chest infection for the past few days & internet being down at work this morning weren't ideal when returning to work I will admit, can't wait for lunch absolutely pining for a sammich! :)

Got myself one of these bad boys over Christmas and finally tried it out last night after letting it air - slept like a king!

*cough* granddad alert! *cough*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Picked up a couple of pairs myself in Best Menswear on Saturday. I find it terribly difficult to get jeans im comfortable in due to the fact I have very muscular legs so even a lot of boot cut ones are pretty tight, stupid legs.

Thighs of Steeeeeeel!!!
    I was given a pair of jeans for Xmas, was 30" waist on them.
    I can't remember the last time I was a 30" waist, added to that I've gained weight this past year and well they know it!
    Now a 32" waist on the other hand, I can remember...:(

Rambo! What a movie. Probably should hit you leaba though.

Nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Having a few beers after working horrible hours these past 4 days. Sleep in tomorrow, get the mop chopped in the waldorf (thanks to me bro for the voucher) and arse about town. May even hit pitt bros! All that deliciousness!

Panthro wrote: »
    *cough* granddad alert! *cough*

:D

Whatevs brah, enjoy your less than completely comfortable sleeps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Same here. Tried a pair today in H&M. Ridiculous tight legs. Not skinny, but but just too tight, Who wears that.

Not a good idea to go for drinks on a MOnday evening....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone know when nurses, and cops get paid ?? is it the first or last w.emd of the month? im hunting for nurses on a Monday night in flannerys but I need to know my right Monday, apparently is an untapped resource!

Morning all, getting closer to Friday.....too positive?? :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    Morning all, getting closer to Friday.....too positive?? :pac:
    Since its Tuesday. Yes. Horrible horrible Tuesday!

Im just grumpy cause Change Requests start in work again today. Which means Ill actually have work to do :pac:

• Advertisement

Since its Tuesday. Yes. Horrible horrible Tuesday!

Im just grumpy cause Change Requests start in work again today. Which means Ill actually have work to do :pac:
    Yeah I need to get some stuff done today in work, I'd have called in sick in order to go to the doctor this morning because my chest has gotten worse but I've stuff scheduled for half 9 that I really need to get done....after that hopefully I'll pop to the doc :)

Advertisement