Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quizzes

• 25-03-2006 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Well it had to happen didn't it? There was a thread for regular quizzes so howz about a thread for table quizzes, be they for charity, walks to outer east mongolia, or whatever......

Post em here....

...with dates an times.

1st one Thursday the 30th of March in the Merrion Inn, Dublin, at 8 bells. No idea who its for but a table quiz is a table quiz...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

Yea. I would very interested in attending this quiz. If you get any more details, please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Good idea. I'll make this a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Shaymoboy wrote:
    Yea. I would very interested in attending this quiz. If you get any more details, please post.

Well the only details i have are the ones i posted. The Merrion in is in Dublin 4, across from St-Vincents Hospital and I think you didn't need to book, and it wasn't too expensive either. Knowing The Merrion it should be held upstairs at 8. Sorry thats all I can say. Don't know the format or even if it would be any good, but i do enjoy a challenge....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

Nice One. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kkovacic

Table Quiz Night
    onTuesday, 11th April at 8 p.m.
    Ballinteer St. Johns GAA Club
    Team = Table of 4 for €40

more info: www.eastcoasttkd.org

• Advertisement

Table Quiz
    7.30 PM tomorrow Night (Sun 30th April)
    Teachers Club Parnell square
    Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'd love to be a grifter who made my living by going from table quiz to table quiz living on the winnings.

Sorry for the off topicness!

Ok this one I have a lot of info for.......

Date: Tuesday 23rd May
    Venue: Nealons Pub, Capel Street (Dublin)
    Time: 7.30 PM
    Info: Teams of 4 at €40
    In Aid of: Kerry Challenge Team (Either they are trying to climb all the mountains in Kerry or trying to stop Kerry Katona/McFadden making a fool out of herself).

PM me for more info (not that i have any....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

TABLE QUIZ: A table quiz will be held on Wednesday, May 24 in The White Horse Inn, Burgh Quay, at 8.15pm. Admission is €5. There will be a prize for the winning team and everyone who takes part will get a present. All are welcome. Tel 452 4415 for more details.

QUIZ: A quiz night takes place in the Barbican, Main Street, Castleknock on Thursday, May 25 at 8pm. Entry fee is €40 for a team of four. Prizes Galore.

• Advertisement

Good man Jonny,
    You must be keeping an eye out for them,
    Tell me do you go yourself and are you any good....
    Table Quiz Shark?

Another one....

Table quiz in aid of muscular dystrophy foundation-nepal
    Wednesday 26th July
    Bull & Castle Inn, Christchurch (Dublin, not New Zealand)
    8pm
    40 euro for table of 4

No details on prizes or anything.

QUIZ: A fun social night for visitors and new members will meet upstairs in The White Horse Inn, Burgh Quay, at 8.15pm on Wednesday, July 26. Admission is €5. There will be a prize for the winning team and everyone who takes part in the quiz will get a present. All are welcome. Tel 4524415.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Quiz at the Odeon, Dublin 2. €40 for a table of four.

PM me for tickets/more details

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Table quiz in Foley's, Merrion Row, Dublin 2 on this Thursday the 16th November. For some chemistry thing can't really remember but it's €20 for a table of 4 and starts at 7.30. If you come along I'll see you there! (just don't beat me or I'll get upset :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 quizgal

Table quiz in Rody Boland's in Rathmines on Tuesday November 28th @ 8pm. Comedian Karl Spain is quizmaster so will be good craic!! €40 for team of 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

[snip]
    Appologies. Wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

152534887a3231603590b526419522l.jpg

Go on, it's for a good cause!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

^^ Oh yea, you don't have to be a trinity student to go btw!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Malaysia_Fund

Fundraiser for Charity Work in Malaysian Borneo

WHERE: Messrs MaGuire (Upstairs)

WHEN: Monday 22nd Jan @ 8pm

IN AID OF: Raleigh International, Malaysia Projects

Prizes include Restaurant vouchers, MP3 player, Lush goodies, Flotation Isolation tank vouchers and wine. Excellent prizes for an excellent cause!

Projects include building a kindergarden and building a gravity waterfeed system for local communities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

For anyone into table quizzes in aid of charitable sporting causes:

THE FOURTH ANNUAL CONWELL ROVERS F.C. TABLE QUIZ

KENNEDY'S, WESTLAND ROW

THURSDAY 15TH - 7.30/8.00 pm

TABLES OF 4 COST €40.
    MEGA-LOOT PRIZES (quite probably) & RAFFLE.

Ok so there hasn't been one in a while so myself and a few others have taken it upon ourselves to do one so......

Table Quiz

Where: The Gingerman, Fenian Street, Dublin 2 (Close to Kennedys on Westland Row)

When: 8PM - Wednesday 16th May

Cost: €40 for a table of 4

In Aid of: Which Charity not decided on yet.

Prizes: Galore

I might even post up some of the formats of the rounds if anyone is interested..... And PM me if you don't know where the gingerman is....

mickrourke wrote:
    Ok so there hasn't been one in a while so myself and a few others have taken it upon ourselves to do one so......

Table Quiz

Where: The Gingerman, Fenian Street, Dublin 2 (Close to Kennedys on Westland Row)

When: 8PM - Wednesday 16th May

Cost: €40 for a table of 4

In Aid of: Which Charity not decided on yet (actually going to be for Learning Disabled)

Prizes: Galore

I might even post up some of the formats of the rounds if anyone is interested..... And PM me if you don't know where the gingerman is....
    :)

Might add an invisibles movie round....

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Diet of Worms - Sketch comedy group - are holding a table quiz to try to raise cash for their ediburgh adventure.

It's tomorrow night. Not many talbes left so prebook if you are interested.

Details here: www.myspace.com/dietofworms

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BuilderBob

Tonight, the 17th of July, in Myo's of Castleknock.
    Starts at 8:00pm and 10Euros per head.
    All welcome and all funds going towards sending athletes to the Special Olympics in Beijing, later this year.
    Fantastic cause and good night quaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bonz

Hi!

I'm organising a charity table quiz next Wednesday in the Russell Court.

It's in aid of two good causes, as you can see below - the Simon community doesn't need any introduction, and St George & St Thomas's is the church where I play the organ, it's an inner-city parish with a big social outreach dimension.

It'll be a good evening so please come along, and pass the message below on to anyone you think might be interested!

Ciaran

Table Quiz
    in aid of
    Dublin Simon Community
    and
    Renovation of St George & St Thomas Church, Cathal Brugha St

Russell Court Hotel, Harcourt St, Dublin 2
    Wednesday 5 September, 8pm
    €60 per table of four

Cash Prizes - Bar open until 2.30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jake Blues

I'm running a table quiz in Madigans of Donnybrook Thursday 27th of September in aid of Focus Ireland. Excellent prizes gaurenteed.
    All welcome!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My cousin's girlfriend has organised a Pub Quiz in The Woolshed on Parnell Street on 9th October (Tuesday).

€10 per person, for a very good cause West Papua Action http://westpapuaaction.buz.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Bleh. Wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Advertisement