Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

I see EI-CPG is currently showing on the ground on FR24. First time I've seen one of the A321ceos do anything since March. I'm guessing there's no chance of them returning any time soon, if at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Two of the A321ceo's have done test flights in recent days.

More space in the hold for freight so could be handy to avoid running extra flights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Two of the A321ceo's have done test flights in recent days.

More space in the hold for freight so could be handy to avoid running extra flights
    Being prepared for long-term storage.

EI-CPG did not fly to LHR, EI-LRC did the honors as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jack1985 wrote: »
    It's hard to forget that behaviour and the last few weeks have shown a deliberate dragging of the heels so to speak which is seeing their own workforce suffer severely financially but also mentally.

It's utterly despicable.

That's something I would expect from a UK PLC not an Irish airline absolute shocking stuff, No doubt the mgmt members that came up with these ideas are long gone with a nice handshake of gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Will EI resume LAX route in Oct as planned? Trying to organise the return of a Senior to DUB - any info would be appreciated. My gut says no as US will be nowhere near a green list and the ban on EU citizens will be for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

knockon wrote: »
    Will EI resume LAX route in Oct as planned? Trying to organise the return of a Senior to DUB - any info would be appreciated. My gut says no as US will be nowhere near a green list and the ban on EU citizens will be for some time.

I’d say highly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Phen2206

knockon wrote: »

I can’t be 100% sure but I would be 99% that LAX won’t resume this side of Christmas. To my knowledge JFK BOS and ORD will be the only EI US destinations ex DUB this winter. As you say who knows when normal travel will be permitted between the EU and US, never mind passenger confidence to travel. Could the person in question travel to the east coast/Chicago and fly with EI from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The only route coming back in the short-term at a severely reduced service level (3pw planned) is Toronto on the NEO. I don't see any other meaningful resumption of TA service until the EU/US relax travel restrictions between both, I don't see any movement on that until March at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Any truth to the rumour that EI (and others) will move into T1 for the winter and they will shut down T2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

No doubt the mgmt members that came up with these ideas are long gone with a nice handshake of gold.

Probably promoted

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Any truth to the rumour that EI (and others) will move into T1 for the winter and they will shut down T2?

I do think closing off one of the terminals makes sense for the DAA, but EI need CBP in T2 for their US routes. Unless they are happy to have make thoseUS bound pax walk from T1 security along the link corridor to CBP area. (Not the worse transit in the World)
    Havent been in T1 in a few months. Im guessing there are enough check-in desks that EI could take over for 3-4 month? They would require cameras to photograph the checked in bags for US pax.

Saw this posted elsewhere; The Aer Lingus booking/reservations system is 52 years old!
    Back in the 70s it was cutting edge stuff and EI handled the reservations systems of at least 3 other European airlines (including SABENA)
    They were also the larger handling agent at Heathrow for much of the 80s and 90s.

https://travelupdate.com/aer-lingus-reservations-computer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. Look at Dub airport twitter feeds showing the place utterly deserted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Does anyone know the situation with SNN? SNN - LHR is on sale from 19 Oct but will it actually resume that day? Some of the crew there are being put back on the roster according to RTE at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I travelled up from the south a few weeks ago. Bus Eireann to the airport and BE from the airport was the eastiest route (and probably the safest with only one transfer). I used the ‘ facilities at the airport (T2). It was lovely to smell the terminal again. It was practically empty. Maybe next time I will be actually flying. Here’s hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Jack1985 wrote: »
    The only route coming back in the short-term at a severely reduced service level (3pw planned) is Toronto on the NEO. I don't see any other meaningful resumption of TA service until the EU/US relax travel restrictions between both, I don't see any movement on that until March at the earliest.

When is this planned to happen?

Does anyone know the situation with SNN? SNN - LHR is on sale from 19 Oct but will it actually resume that day? Some of the crew there are being put back on the roster according to RTE at the weekend.

Doubtful we will see flights from SNN this side of December. (I hoping the Covid situation will improve before Xmas)
    Recent changes announced by EI over the weekend included the caveat of no flight operations ex-DNN.

Tenger wrote: »
    Doubtful we will see flights from SNN this side of December. (I hoping the Covid situation will improve before Xmas)
    Recent changes announced by EI over the weekend included the caveat of no flight operations ex-DNN.

Ah ok. Some of the crew are prob operating ex DUB.

Doylers wrote: »
    When is this planned to happen?

Very fluid at the moment was hoped mid-Oct, but this might be pushed out another month now. Could be movement possible with EU system for travel and Canada but it has yet to be confirmed and is very much up in the air at the moment.

Nothing is expected to move in SNN until March at the earliest, staff have been told similar. They are yes back on the pay roll at reduced hours and will be incentivised to take special leave this Winter.
    Ah ok. Some of the crew are prob operating ex DUB.

No SNN crew have operated rostered duties since early April. They will more than likely have to undergo additional training as their aircraft recency will be expiring very shortly.

A321ceo EI-CPG is off to storage in Spain this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

A321ceo EI-CPG is off to storage in Spain this morning
    I wonder if we will ever see them again.

The A321ceo's are probably coming back as razor blades. They were penciled in to be withdrawn as the neo's arrived. The EI neo's are built for possible conversion to an all economy config

They are owned outright so probably have a book value of 0 at this stage. They have a lot of cycles as they were bought originally for DUB-LHR and in recent years there has been an attempt to minimise cycles. That said an outstanding aircraft for high volume routes

Not sure which but one of the 321's has a huge patch on the left side just beyond the L1 door been there for a few years.

The A321ceo's are probably coming back as razor blades. They were penciled in to be withdrawn as the neo's arrived. The EI neo's are built for possible conversion to an all economy config.
    I would agree. I had been told that the CEOs would no longer be in use by summer 2024. I'm guessing that's been accelerated by 3 years. (my source wasn't sure when actual retirement was planned, ie. 2022 or 2023)

A question now is the EI delivery slots on their remaining A321LR. They had deferred delivery on the next 4. But I wonder how flexible Airbus might be to "un-defer" them?

Then there are the 6 XLRs that were on order.
    The A321neo is going to be very popular among global airlines over the next 2-5 years.
    While orders may be paused right now I'm confident that many airlines are poised to snag whatever cancelled airframes or availible delivery slots that they can get their hands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Not sure which but one of the 321's has a huge patch on the left side just beyond the L1 door been there for a few years.

That won't make any difference to the value or the lifespan of the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caoimhin321

Anyone know how long EI plan to operate the 330 on the EI178/179? Seems to be operating every Friday Sunday and Tuesday these days.

Anyone know how long EI plan to operate the 330 on the EI178/179? Seems to be operating every Friday Sunday and Tuesday these days.

As long as cargo demand dictates.

EI-CVA is positioning to DUB this evening after 6 months in Shannon.

Ei-CPG is awaiting its appointment with the scrap man in Spain

Will more of the A320 be put back into service? CVA, DEK & DEM left SNN/ORK today/yesterday. DEI/DEC are up at near the terminal in SNN inside of parked on the remote taxiway aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Will more of the A320 be put back into service? CVA, DEK & DEM left SNN/ORK today/yesterday. DEI/DEC are up at near the terminal in SNN inside of parked on the remote taxiway aswell.

Chances are they will put most of them back into service and put on flights on a rotational basis, that would allow them to keep each airframe notching up hours and cycles rather than keeping a rake of them in storage.

Advertisement