Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can't fault their dedication!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I'm only getting into this now, and I think it's great. Well aware of the release disaster, but they're still around and people do take part in the co-op events at the weekend, so it still has some players.

No idea what origins will add, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Only downside to this game (I have it since release) is the main story.

Its just terrible.

They should fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only downside to this game (I have it since release) is the main story.

Its just terrible.

They should fix that.

Maybe that's what origins is about!
    At least that's where my mind went when I heard the name of the DLC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just came back to this 4 weeks ago to finish it off (have it from launch).

Did all the quests to get up and running, fetch fetch fetch!
    Did the ATLAS quest
    Broke all my gear/ship and puts me essentially back to the start, under some 'New Galaxy' guise bs.
    Attempted to do the center galaxy quest but there really is no point. Just grind grind grind to make a number smaller and smaller til its 0.

All this base building and customisation means nothing to me. Everything is dead and you are the only real actor. Everything leads to a grind.

I envisioned something akin to the X series or Starsector when i first heard of NMS. A living universe full of ever changing conflicts, economies, factions, etc.

• Advertisement

I'm just enjoying crashing the economy in each sector i warp into and i'm attempting to save for a living ship. Not much time to spend on the missions for the quiksilver, but i'm getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm just enjoying crashing the economy in each sector i warp into and i'm attempting to save for a living ship. Not much time to spend on the missions for the quiksilver, but i'm getting there.

I used to drop into random games and give away millions in stasis devices or the thingies you learn make in the main story.

Most people happy with the unexpected millions got a few not so happy tho.

Very easy to make billions in that game.

Origins is live, patch notes here, https://www.nomanssky.com/origins-update/, available now on PS4 at least, I would assume on xbox and pc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭circadian

Looks great. Just over a GB on pc.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Looks great. Just over a GB on pc.

9.46 GB on Xbox :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will get stuck into this at the weekend. Looks like yet another great update.

Not that it matters really but kinda would have liked new achievements/trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Downloaded the update last night on PS4 Pro,runs like garbage. Have the framerate unlocked and I reckon its in the 20s on planets and stations.

Flying in space is probably the only part of the game that runs smoothly and even then going to a planet to land causes the framerate to tank.

Pop in is horrendous,textures dont load till your right on top of them,input lag is pretty bad.

All in all a terrible experience. Turned it off after about 90 minutes. I dont think Iver ever called a game unplayable but this is really bad.

Was going to give it a good few hours but atm I not going to waste my time. I've played a decent amount of it on PS4 and PC and this is the worst I have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭endainoz

EoinHef wrote: »
    Downloaded the update last night on PS4 Pro,runs like garbage. Have the framerate unlocked and I reckon its in the 20s on planets and stations.

Flying in space is probably the only part of the game that runs smoothly and even then going to a planet to land causes the framerate to tank.

Pop in is horrendous,textures dont load till your right on top of them,input lag is pretty bad.

All in all a terrible experience. Turned it off after about 90 minutes. I dont think Iver ever called a game unplayable but this is really bad.

Was going to give it a good few hours but atm I not going to waste my time. I've played a decent amount of it on PS4 and PC and this is the worst I have seen it.

Interesting, I hadn't heard of these issues, possibly a ps4 pro issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ionised

Appears to be better optimised on Pc anyway. Framerates have improved for me and overall quality is better.
    New additions are always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

endainoz wrote: »
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of these issues, possibly a ps4 pro issue?

Could well be,I havent played in a good while so it could just be a PS Pro issue. Just wanted to give this patch a bit of time. I'll see if they patch again soon and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

Hey folks, I played NMS at release and actually really enjoyed it warts and all. Eventually I lost interest due to other games pulling me away.

I have the chance to pick up a v2 psvr for less than 200 quid and was only really interested in it for NMS and possibly skyrim.

Is it worth it purely for the NMS Vr experience?

Some people seem to like it, but I can't get into it in VR. Just doesn't look as good and I feel like it's an inferior experience because of it. I'd imagine it's a lot better on Quest/PC VR, but I can't get past the last-gen look/feel of the VR version.

Saying that, there are plenty other PSVR games worth getting it for, AstroBot, Moss, Beat Saber, etc, but if you could splash on a Quest I'd go for that over the PSVR at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv never played this . What’s it like with updates of last few years ?

I picked it up a month or two ago, i've almost 70 hours into it and thats still only my first playthrough.

You can play Normal mode, exploration, planet discovery, completing the story etc. Then you can play Survival mode, this is more or less the same but its harder than normal mode, Permadeth mode where you lose everything if you die and then creative so you can just base build.

Compared to the initial release its almost to what was promised, i never played the original but i've seen videos, and i'm thoroughly engrossed within it.

I e been playing it for a bit but haven't been too engrossed in it. Have come back to it a few times over the last few months. Picked up a second hand psvr, waiting on it to arrive in the post. No Man's Sky in VR sounds pretty amazing. Also looking forward to giving Grand Turismo Sport and Skyrim a go too.

Okay, credit where it's due!
    Well done Hello Games for their commitment to this game :)

Can confirm, the VR is pretty epic. I'm still getting used to it but it's so immersive to fly your spaceship around the place chasing after pirates. Might look into that new star wars game too. VR was made for flight sims/space shooters.

I don't think anyone should still be holding a grudge against HG, they have gone way beyond the expected to make the game what they wanted it to be. After watching that video above, the Engoodening of HG, it's made clear that Sean was an introvert, was not able to handle interviews because of that, and no doubt was tied to NDA's about what was/wasn't happening with Sony.

Well done HG, really looking forward to playing this on the 5 now.

I don't think anyone should still be holding a grudge against HG, they have gone way beyond the expected to make the game what they wanted it to be. After watching that video above, the Engoodening of HG, it's made clear that Sean was an introvert, was not able to handle interviews because of that, and no doubt was tied to NDA's about what was/wasn't happening with Sony.

Well done HG, really looking forward to playing this on the 5 now.

The fact it was hyped up so much, and then pushed to be released before it was ready caused some issues as well. Considering some of the game publishers out there who release a game thats ****, and then ignore it, Sean and the rest of the team have done a great job!

I do fear though that Cyberpunk is going to go down the same rabbit hole. I wont be getting it and i'm not sure i have much of an interest in it at all, but it does look like it may experience the same things or else just fade away as it gets delayed constantly.

Advertisement