Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post C19 Confirmed Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The_Geezer

@championshipireland is it still your intention to run the full marathon in down royal on the 24th? After yesterday's announcements. All my marathon eggs are in this basket now

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dental Floss

Good stuff. I entered the 10k just there. Dying for a race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Good stuff. I entered the 10k just there. Dying for a race :)

Not a great choice of words there Mr Floss...

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dental Floss

Not a great choice of words there Mr Floss...

TbL
    YIKES! I didn't cop that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 The_Geezer

Great stuff, any chance of a map of the route? Wouldn't mind a recce

The_Geezer wrote: »
    Great stuff, any chance of a map of the route? Wouldn't mind a recce

Email me on championchipireland@googlemail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Roscommon Harriers rescheduled their 5k series to Sun 11th and 18th October ðŸ‘

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Donadea 10k is a 'GO' for now on the 10th of October. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

sideswipe wrote: »
    Donadea 10k is a 'GO' for now on the 10th of October. Fingers crossed!

What is the limit to that going by guidelines? Is it 100 which includes runners, workers and spectators?

• Advertisement

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    What is the limit to that going by guidelines? Is it 100 which includes runners, workers and spectators?

Not sure TBH. All's I know is I have an entry- It'll be a bonus if it does go ahead given the kite flying by government on further imminent lockdowns.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

SeeMoreBut wrote: »

According to AAIs guidelines published today its still 200 unless in a level3 lockdown.

Better get in so before it sells out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Timmaay wrote: »
    According to AAIs guidelines published today its still 200 unless in a level3 lockdown.

200 is level.1, 50 for level 2 I thought?

Dub will still be in level 3 anyhow so no.dub entries accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

Please just post it!

pc11 wrote: »
    Please just post it!

Elevation.pdf

200 is level.1, 50 for level 2 I thought?

Dub will still be in level 3 anyhow so no.dub entries accepted?

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/about/COVID-19 it specifically says under Level2 athletics events can have 200 people in total.

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/about/COVID-19 it specifically says under Level2 athletics events can have 200 people in total.

Ah i see it now.

"up to 200 for outdoor stadia or other fixed outdoor venues with a minimum accredited capacity of 5,000"

But that is ok for the running events. We might get more events later on so.

Does the organizers have to turn away people from a county in level 3 or is that responsibility on the individuals. Big ask for organizers

Ah i see it now.

"up to 200 for outdoor stadia or other fixed outdoor venues with a minimum accredited capacity of 5,000"

Does the organizers have to turn away people from a county in level 3 or is that responsibility on the individuals. Big ask for organizers

No running club wants to be in the news due to an outbreak be my feeling.

Imagine the headlines if ABC RC held an event with 180 runners and caused an cluster of 20/30 people

Ah i see it now.

You sign a declaration that your not from a location that has restricted movement due to corona etc. Onus is on the individual to comply. How in God's name the organisers would ever be able to police that, events are enough work as is without trying to go search individuals details etc.

• Advertisement

You sign a declaration that your not from a location that has restricted movement due to corona etc. Onus is on the individual to comply. How in God's name the organisers would ever be able to police that, events are enough work as is without trying to go search individuals details etc.

Well you never know with things lately

So, I guess that’s racing done for a while!
    I think I’m right in thinking level 3 means no races anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Looking that way alright.... Imra cancelled up to 28th oct. Keep the heads up.

The Down Royal Festival of Running is still gong ahead on Oct 24th but we have moved locations just round the corner to the iconic Maze Prison site and re branded as the Lisburn Festival of Running. Course was officially measured on Monday with Tommy Hughes in attendance to offer his thoughts on the layout. Its a 5.5k lap, flat as a pancake, smooth tarmac roads, no traffic.

There have been no cases linked in any way with any of the running events in NI so I am confident the event will go ahead even if tighter restrictions are imposed on indoor locations and team sports like no spectators.

If it is called off you will get a full and immediate refund.

https://online.athleticsni.org/ps/event/ChampionChipIrelandRunningSeriesEvent8Lisburn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

The Down Royal Festival of Running is still gong ahead on Oct 24th but we have moved locations just round the corner to the iconic Maze Prison site and re branded as the Lisburn Festival of Running. Course was officially measured on Monday with Tommy Hughes in attendance to offer his thoughts on the layout. Its a 5.5k lap, flat as a pancake, smooth tarmac roads, no traffic.

There have been no cases linked in any way with any of the running events in NI so I am confident the event will go ahead even if tighter restrictions are imposed on indoor locations and team sports like no spectators.

If it is called off you will get a full and immediate refund.

https://online.athleticsni.org/ps/event/ChampionChipIrelandRunningSeriesEvent8Lisburn

Level 3 restrictions mean people will have to stay in their county (or other defined geographical area) apart from work, education and other essential purposes, if appropriate.

Unless it's within yourown club, ie club timetrials etc.

Unless it's within yourown club, ie club timetrials etc.

Yeah, organising something in place of a planned 10k.

Time trials for half and full marathons would be mentally challenging......think this will be the first year in 11 years I don't run a marathon.

I have come to hate the notion of virtual runs- don't know why, each to their own and all that but races are either races or they're not. Maybe I'm just old a narky.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Level 3 restrictions mean people will have to stay in their county (or other defined geographical area) apart from work, education and other essential purposes, if appropriate.

I wonder if there was a half hour educational course on how to warm up properly for a race with certificates issued after could we claim travel for educational purposes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MayoSalmon wrote: »

It's advisory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's advisory.

So take the advice and cop on

Advertisement